News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Truck with raised bed hits sign (again?)

Started by PurdueBill, July 03, 2012, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverback1065

Is this better?  I'm sorry but a majority of my posts over the summer have been on my phone at work during breaks, I don't exactly have the time to edit and research everything I say with breaks being as short as they are where I work.  Now that I'm done working for the summer and have the time, I'll spell CORRECTLY if it means you all will get off my back.

Alps

Quote from: silverback1065 on August 12, 2012, 11:13:14 PM
Is this better?  I'm sorry but a majority of my posts over the summer have been on my phone at work during breaks, I don't exactly have the time to edit and research everything I say with breaks being as short as they are where I work.  Now that I'm done working for the summer and have the time, I'll spell CORRECTLY if it means you all will get off my back.
We would definitely have a lot more respect for both you and your posts/ideas.

mgk920

agentsteel53

Quote from: silverback1065 on August 12, 2012, 11:13:14 PM

what would even compel you to go out of your way to type all vomity in the first place? 

it would take me an extreme amount of effort to garble "your" and "you're", to replace words with single-letter substitutions like "Y", etc etc.

Post Merge: August 14, 2012, 01:35:54 PM

Quote from: mgk920 on August 14, 2012, 11:45:59 AM
imgn road sgns usng txt spk?

:nod:

Mike

LOLLILOLLILOLLZZZZZZI-238
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

hbelkins

Sometimes the portable VMSes (8 characters, 3 lines) come awfully close.

I don't understand why they use LT LANE. Possibly to be parallel with RT LANE for right lane, but to me "LT" is not an abbreviation for "left." Everyone understands LEFT LN.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

silverback1065

They already kind of use text speak on some signs to save space.

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on August 14, 2012, 09:37:20 PM

Sometimes the portable VMSes (8 characters, 3 lines) come awfully close.

I don't understand why they use LT LANE. Possibly to be parallel with RT LANE for right lane, but to me "LT" is not an abbreviation for "left." Everyone understands LEFT LN.
LEFT LN is also acceptable per the MUTCD, and I agree with you on which is easier to read.

vtk

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.