AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: West Virginia  (Read 11736 times)

74/171FAN

• Last Login: Today at 07:21:15 PM
Re: West Virginia
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2021, 02:57:49 PM »

Stretching it a bit, I could maybe see some realignments on the northern part from WV 891 to Moundsville. WV 891 connects to PA 21, which is already a decent route over to Waynesburg. This would provide improved access to

Did you mean to add more here?
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: Today at 07:24:13 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2021, 08:12:53 PM »

I think the idea behind improvements to a corridor between I-79 and WV 2 is to improve access for the traffic that's been generated by fracking. The last time I was in that area, injection well sites and pipeline construction projects were widespread.

US 250 is one of those "why is this road on the US highway system?" routes.

Bitmapped

• Last Login: Today at 04:42:57 PM
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2021, 11:32:55 PM »

I think the idea behind improvements to a corridor between I-79 and WV 2 is to improve access for the traffic that's been generated by fracking. The last time I was in that area, injection well sites and pipeline construction projects were widespread.

Fracking traffic is generally local, to and from a water source. With persistent low natural gas prices, the amount of drilling has dropped significantly from its peak.

Stretching it a bit, I could maybe see some realignments on the northern part from WV 891 to Moundsville. WV 891 connects to PA 21, which is already a decent route over to Waynesburg. This would provide improved access to

Did you mean to add more here?

Oops, I meant to delete that paragraph.

roadwaywiz95

• Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

• Last Login: Today at 07:23:49 PM
    • roadwaywiz
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2021, 10:12:57 PM »

For this upcoming weekend's Webinar presentation, we'll be taking a look at the overall interstate and highway system of West Virginia and giving folks a general overview of the roads of The Mountain State. Coverage will begin on Saturday (2/20) at 6 PM ET and will feature live contributions from members of this forum; we hope to see you there!

It's the Mario Cuomo Bridge, capisce?

https://www.facebook.com/roadwaywiz/
https://www.youtube.com/user/roadwaywiz
https://www.instagram.com/roadwaywiz/

Clinched Mainline Interstates: 4,8,11,12,17,19,41,66,68,71,76(E),78,79,83,84(E),86(E),87(N),88(E),88(W),89,91,93,95,96,97,99,H1,H2,H3

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.