News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Is the Dallas North Tollway going to be extended north?

Started by bugo, July 11, 2012, 08:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

And is it going to follow Dallas Pkwy?  There are some stub ramps around US 380 and it looks like there has been land cleared to the north for a freeway/tollway.

InterstateNG

I demand an apology.

bugo

But how far north is it going?  It could tie into US 377 right at the Red River.

Road Hog

Quote from: bugo on July 11, 2012, 08:32:45 PM
But how far north is it going?  It could tie into US 377 right at the Red River.

The plan is to build main lanes up to FM 121 west of Gunter by 2025, and eventually it will curve east and hook into U.S. 75 at Denison.

What will be the northbound frontage road is complete between U.S. 380 and FM 428 in Celina. Right now it's a two-lane concrete road. North of FM 428, the final route was only settled upon a year ago.

txstateends

There is also talk of a connecting tolled portion over to I-35, but if it were to happen I'm not sure of the placement.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

rte66man

Quote from: txstateends on July 12, 2012, 02:28:58 PM
There is also talk of a connecting tolled portion over to I-35, but if it were to happen I'm not sure of the placement.

Hmmm, I wonder if that would negate the plans to reroute I35 to the west of Gainesville.

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Road Hog

Quote from: txstateends on July 12, 2012, 02:28:58 PM

That would be the Denton County portion of the Outer Loop. I don't know the exact route but it would connect with I-35 somewhere in the Sanger area.

austrini

I know Collin and Denton counties were fighting over the alignment north of Celina, but I dont know if its been decided yet. The last alignment I saw had it ending at US 75 north of Denison.

Celina has had a bunch of big property developments that have fizzled (Light Farms is one of the largest, you can see a big curving boulevard going nowhere on aerials) and they've been very vocal about getting the main lanes built along Dallas Parkway in order to attract more sprawl.
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

Road Hog

Quote from: jczart on July 16, 2012, 11:24:52 AM
I know Collin and Denton counties were fighting over the alignment north of Celina, but I dont know if its been decided yet. The last alignment I saw had it ending at US 75 north of Denison.

Celina has had a bunch of big property developments that have fizzled (Light Farms is one of the largest, you can see a big curving boulevard going nowhere on aerials) and they've been very vocal about getting the main lanes built along Dallas Parkway in order to attract more sprawl.

Pilot Point in Denton County wanted a piece of the action and lobbied the NTTA hard enough that the finalized alignment will swing west from FM 428 and split the Collin/Denton line, cross FM 455 there, continue north to the Collin/Denton/Grayson intersection and end at FM 121. Celina wanted an alignment more parallel with SH 289 and has businesses in mind primarily – Celina sees rooftops as a necessary evil more or less. The flip side of Prosper, funny enough.

Here is a story about the alignment: http://www.planostar.com/articles/2011/05/05/celina_record/news/115.txt

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.