News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Shouldn't Interstate 210 connect with its parent?

Started by blawp, July 16, 2012, 04:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrouse

The Division of Transportation System Information (TSI) is the branch at Caltrans that contains the office that is responsible for submitting the paperwork required to make changes to the Interstate system in California.  I sent a note to the chief of that office asking about the conversion of CA-210 and CA-905 to interstates, since both of those freeways are now completed.  He told me that the request for changes to these routes would need to come from the affected districts, which would be Districts 7 and 8 for CA-210, and District 11 for CA-905.  In my note to the office chief, I cc'd the staff in those districts who I thought would be responsible for making those requests, so maybe this will get them to thinking about it.

The office chief at TSI told me that back in 2009, he asked District 11 if they were interested in making CA-15 as part of the Interstate system and they apparently were not interested.  He didn't give me an explanation as to why.  He invited me to follow up with him on my note, and I will try and do that sometime soon.

TheStranger

Quote from: jrouse on October 01, 2012, 11:53:02 AM

The office chief at TSI told me that back in 2009, he asked District 11 if they were interested in making CA-15 as part of the Interstate system and they apparently were not interested.  He didn't give me an explanation as to why.  He invited me to follow up with him on my note, and I will try and do that sometime soon.

I recall the prime holdup as to the conversion was the still-unreconstructed Route 94 interchange, with its left exits.
Chris Sampang

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.