Football (North America: NFL, CFL, Arena Football, minor leagues)

Started by Stephane Dumas, July 29, 2012, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Lakes Roads

-Jay Seaburg

webny99

Chiefs win in STYLE! The win probability chart is crazy. The Niners had what, a 92% chance of winning, up 20-10, to start the fourth quarter?
So happy for Mahomes and the Chiefs fanbase, but really Andy Reid more than anyone else.

Was it an all-time classic?
Certainly script for the Chiefs, digging back from 24-0, 17-7, and now 20-10 in three straight games. Inarguably, they are to be feared no matter how big of a hole they're in, which = excitement!

Wild 4th quarter just now, but I still think Pats-Eagles two years ago is the greatest SB of the century, maybe even all time. I don't know what does it for me about that game, but I still get goosebumps just thinking about it.

Max Rockatansky

I'd call it a good game that was intriguing to towards the end of the 4th quarter but the ending was a dud and keeps it from being a "classic"  IMO. 

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 02, 2020, 09:15:26 PM
Not looking good for Kansas City with that latest interception, it sure looks like they can't get a big drive on the 49er defense.
Whoops.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

ozarkman417

History seemed to repeat itself on both sides... KC gets an explosive comeback (much later than it should have), and the 49ers lose to a last minute TD. Because my pizza took forever to arrive, I started watching the game a little late but then I heard fireworks being shot off at the local baseball field (of the Springfield Cardinals), signifying a Chiefs win. Now, Reid has a SB win and he has beat everyone in the league, TWICE. I'm glad to see them win after half a century. Last year's SB was one of the most boring I've seen, this was just the opposite.

Now that the big game is over, do y'all think the day after the Super Bowl should be a public holiday? Halftime show thoughts?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on February 02, 2020, 10:35:42 PM
Not looking good for Kansas City with that latest interception, it sure looks like they can't get a big drive on the 49er defense.
Whoops.

Heh, at least I had it right in the pre-game prediction a couple days back.  Kansas City opened it up and the 49ers couldn't hang by matching scores.  The biggest difference between this game and the Chiefs other two playoff games was that the comeback came really late. 

ozarkman417

Not looking good for Kansas City.
Said just about everyone in the first quarter of KC's past three games

TravelingBethelite

"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

NWI_Irish96

That wasn't even close to Mahomes' best game.  Missed several open receivers.  If he plays to his potential, the Chiefs win by 20+
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

nexus73

Quote from: cabiness42 on February 03, 2020, 07:46:33 AM
That wasn't even close to Mahomes' best game.  Missed several open receivers.  If he plays to his potential, the Chiefs win by 20+

You are right!  Also contributing to a lesser game by Mahomes was the playcalling through the first three quarters.  The Chief WR's ("Legion Of Zoom") are faster than the Niner DB's.  Sending them deeper downfield while Mahomes scrambles for the entire game would have seen KC pile up the points.  As the game goes on, the pass rush tires out and then it would have really gotten one-sided. 

Oh well, a closer game meant more eyeballs for four quarters. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

webny99

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 02, 2020, 10:34:05 PM
I'd call it a good game that was intriguing to towards the end of the 4th quarter but the ending was a dud and keeps it from being a "classic"  IMO.

When the Chiefs got the go-ahead score and went up 24-20, if the Niners had gotten a TD to make it 24-27 right before the long Damien Williams run, then it would have been a classic. IMO lots of 4th quarter lead changes are what makes it, more so than whether it's decided in the final seconds. Although, it's still cool if the team that's behind has the ball at the end, which didn't happen thanks to the INT.

mvak36

CHIEFS!!!!! Didn't get much sleep last night and still only half awake as I'm typing this. It was a great game.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

kevinb1994

Quote from: mvak36 on February 03, 2020, 01:36:08 PM
CHIEFS!!!!! Didn't get much sleep last night and still only half awake as I'm typing this. It was a great game.
Nah, not really, I was hoping for a lopsided score, buddy.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1995hoo on February 03, 2020, 02:34:13 PM
So now the new XFL starts up this coming weekend.

And will probably last as long as it did the last time. 

nexus73

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 03, 2020, 02:54:44 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on February 03, 2020, 02:34:13 PM
So now the new XFL starts up this coming weekend.

And will probably last as long as it did the last time. 

Since the last pro football startup failed before the season ended, the Alliance Of American Football already set the record for fastest implosion.  At least the XFL got a title game in, where LA beat SF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL_(2001)

Rick

US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kurumi

Zeppelin fans: there was about 4 bars of Kashmir in a medley during the Shakira segment of the show (about 3-4 minutes in). For those of you waiting for an all-prog halftime show, ... well, it's a start!

Imagine if JLo did a Rush medley in honor of Neil Peart. She sings "in the basement bars, in the backs of cars" and the entire stadium chants "be cool or be cast out"

Anyway, congrats to the great state of Kansas. Looks like next year's final four will be Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers (hoping), and... Saints, or Packers? Hmmm
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kurumi on February 04, 2020, 12:16:18 AM
Zeppelin fans: there was about 4 bars of Kashmir in a medley during the Shakira segment of the show (about 3-4 minutes in). For those of you waiting for an all-prog halftime show, ... well, it's a start!

Imagine if JLo did a Rush medley in honor of Neil Peart. She sings "in the basement bars, in the backs of cars" and the entire stadium chants "be cool or be cast out"

Anyway, congrats to the great state of Kansas. Looks like next year's final four will be Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers (hoping), and... Saints, or Packers? Hmmm

I'm more of a Puppy Bowl fan or really anything aside from the Super Bowl Halftime Show.  This year I was able to get three episodes of Old Car Memories in on Youtube while cooking myself dinner at Half Time.  My wife made a big stink about the Half Time show, but she tends to every year. 

oscar

I noticed that too. That reminded me of the colleague who was a DJ in an earlier life, who told me that Kashmir and especially Stairway to Heaven were her favorite songs to play whenever she needed a bathroom break.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

jeffandnicole

Quote from: LM117 on February 03, 2020, 09:37:05 PM
Congrats to the Great State of Kansas! :bigass:

I would highly bet that many people criticizing the Pres also had no idea Kansas City wasn't in Kansas either, until they saw others giving him grief about it.

Beltway

No Patriots! :-)
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Alps

Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 04, 2020, 06:07:55 AM

I would highly bet that many people criticizing the Pres also had no idea Kansas City wasn't in Kansas either, until they saw others giving him grief about it.
Kansas City IS in Kansas, just not 90% of the city. So many of those people also had no idea about that. And just because a city is in one state doesn't mean its stadiums aren't in another... I live in NJ...

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Alps on February 04, 2020, 06:55:31 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on February 04, 2020, 06:07:55 AM

Kansas City IS in Kansas, just not 90% of the city. So many of those people also had no idea about that. And just because a city is in one state doesn't mean its stadiums aren't in another... I live in NJ...

I should've said the Kansas City Chiefs to be most accurate in my statement above...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.