News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

US 66 posted in Tulsa

Started by bugo, September 20, 2012, 10:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Temporary signs in Oklahoma are usually made of particle board on a reusable U-channel post, and are often not actually driven into the ground; instead there is a piece mounted parallel to the ground at the bottom that is weighted down with sandbags. 
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

intelati49

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 10, 2012, 12:11:30 PM
Quote from: Special K on October 10, 2012, 11:26:27 AM
This guy's been all over.  It could very well be about OK highways.

or Missouri.

That looks sooo familiar, do you know where that is?

Scott5114

My guess is somewhere west of Springfield. Maybe Lawrence County? There are a lot of bridges of that style still up along 44.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Special K

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 10, 2012, 09:27:46 PM
Temporary signs in Oklahoma are usually made of particle board on a reusable U-channel post, and are often not actually driven into the ground; instead there is a piece mounted parallel to the ground at the bottom that is weighted down with sandbags.

Yeah, temp signs for road construction are often made that way.  The difference being that those signs are usually of the traffic control variety and ordered ahead of time in expectation of planned work.  This was a single emergency installation of a route sign.  That perforated steel tube and all manner of aluminum shields are probably stored in quantity at their maintenance yard.  They were probably using what was available to them at the time.

Federal Route Sixty-Nine

Quote from: bugo on October 06, 2012, 04:42:03 PM
Circa September 20, 2012 - circa October 1, 2012.  I guess some things are too cool to last.

And no, I didn't steal it.  I wish I had.  Both the 44 and 66 signs were taken down soon after the Lewis Avenue bridge was closed on October 1.

Was the sign put up in error or was OK intentionally trying to ressurect US 66?

Quote from: NE2 on October 06, 2012, 04:45:53 PM
I will quit pooing in memoriam.

How is that working out for you?

bugo

It was an error sign.  If ODOT tried to resurrect US 66 it would run along 11th.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.