Previous topic - Next topic

Is this forum too moderated?

Yes
13 (17.3%)
No
62 (82.7%)

Total Members Voted: 75

1995hoo

Nice little rant, but you still didn't answer the question "kphoger" posed.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

InterstateNG

It's quite obvious that he's on a mission to get banned.

My only question is if you'll stay away this time, unlike the last little temper tantrum you had.
I demand an apology.

1995hoo

Quote from: InterstateNG on November 30, 2012, 04:41:29 PM

Indeed, especially after the latest thread he posted about Wikipedia. It kind of puts a moderator in a tough place because you either give him the satisfaction of getting what he wants or you antagonize everyone else.

bugo

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 30, 2012, 04:47:24 PM

Indeed, especially after the latest thread he posted about Wikipedia. It kind of puts a moderator in a tough place because you either give him the satisfaction of getting what he wants or you antagonize everyone else.

You can't handle criticism very well, can you?

1995hoo

Quote from: bugo on November 30, 2012, 04:55:26 PM

You can't answer the question that was asked of you, can you?

I guess you get the last word because I need to go pick up my wife at the Metrorail stop. Enjoy thinking you scared me off somehow.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Roadsguy on November 30, 2012, 08:17:06 AM
I don't think it's too moderated. I can't think of any purple I've seen that wasn't used right.

Off-topic: on the staff list, Steve is also listed under State Property. :-D

That's because that's what Steve likes his group to be called. lol.  I added his group there to let people know that it's higher than a normal global mod.

Quote from: hbelkins on November 30, 2012, 01:20:43 PM
I have Home, Help, Search, Profile, My Messages, Calendar, Members, Chat, Logout in my list. Running Chrome Version 23.0.1271.91 on a MacBook Pro running OS 10.6.8.

I'll look into this bug HB.  I'm thinking it has something to do with your DOT group, but I'll have to double check on it and get back to ya. ;)
EDIT: HB, found, and fixed.  The DOT Employee group needed to have the permission added to it.  I've fixed it and you should now be seeing it without any problems. ;)  Thank you for bringing it to my attention. ;)

bugo

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 30, 2012, 04:58:55 PM
Quote from: bugo on November 30, 2012, 04:55:26 PM

I guess you get the last word because I need to go pick up my wife at the Metrorail stop. Enjoy thinking you scared me off somehow.

Which question was that?

I don't think I scared you off.  Hell, I don't even know who you are.  I've never noticed your posts until you started flaming me (and you flaming me is just as bad as me complaining, if not worse.  Maybe you should be banned.)

Alps

Quote from: InterstateNG on November 29, 2012, 02:32:40 PM
This place isn't moderated enough in my opinion.
And you've let us know that more than sufficiently. And we'd have already banned you for 24 hours if we were as strict as you suggest.
Yes, we're letting this thread run basically unmoderated. Sometimes it's healthy to have an airing of grievances. And with Festivus coming up, no better time!

Alps

My only question is if you'll stay away this time, unlike the last little temper tantrum you had.
Stop. Stop your personal arguing on this forum. Talk to him offline like a man, or we'll ban you like you're asking for as "strict" moderators.

Alps

Quote from: bugo on November 30, 2012, 02:32:02 PM
SPUI is acting like Tom From Ohio, minus the sharp humor and biting satire.
(Third unmerged post in a row - take THAT guidelines!) Unlike TFO, SPUI's humor and biting satire are actually part of who he is, not any attempt to troll. And that's why he's an awesome person. (And I didn't type a racial slur to make that phrase appear, either!)

bugo

You don't think there is at least a little TFO in me?  You must not know me very well.

Grzrd

Quote from: US71 on November 29, 2012, 07:54:04 PM
At the risk of pulling back the curtain too far, Moderation is a regular topic on the Moderator Board (got to be a better way to say that). Who has gone too far, who deserves another chance, etc. And we don't always agree, so anyone who thinks we're lockstep is wrong.  So moderation is a sticky situation.

I hope this isn't a smuggled video from one of the secret moderator meetings; it would certainly explain the sticky situation part:

What's even more shocking is the final subtitle: it ties together the threads ... and explains ... EVERYTHING!:

Scott5114

If you ever hear someone refer to "putting the mod hat on", that is the type of hat being referred to.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

InterstateNG

Quote from: Steve on November 30, 2012, 06:00:49 PM

Stop. Stop your personal arguing on this forum. Talk to him offline like a man, or we'll ban you like you're asking for as "strict" moderators.

Go ahead.  It makes zero difference to me one way or the other.

And I'm wrong.  This place shouldn't be more strict, because it's quite obvious you guys don't know what you're doing.
I demand an apology.

kphoger

Quote from: bugo on November 30, 2012, 05:07:52 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on November 30, 2012, 04:58:55 PM

Which question was that?

I assume he was referring to this:

Quote from: kphoger on November 29, 2012, 08:18:06 PM
Quote from: bugo on November 28, 2012, 12:50:46 PM
AARoads politburo combined all the posts into a single post, which removed all of its meaning

How, exactly, did combining your posts, without otherwise altering what you had typed, remove all of its meaning?

Quote from: kphoger on November 30, 2012, 01:25:26 PM
Re:  why merge posts at all?
Again, bugo, how do post merges detract from the meaning of your posts?  Having your username in between each post breaks them up no more than a horizontal line or even just the start of a new quote.  I think everyone understands that, when you're finished replying to a quoted text, they should expect you to change topics with the next quotation.

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 30, 2012, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: bugo on November 30, 2012, 02:30:37 PM* * *
Now, why don't you try answering the question "kphoger" asked?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mcdonaat

I feel like the forum is moderated enough. It let's the comments and content stay formal enough, while allowing everyone to express themselves.

bugo

Allowing everyone to express themselves?  Maybe if you say something the mods agree with.  Say anything they disagree with and your post gets deleted.

Alps

Quote from: bugo on December 01, 2012, 03:15:11 PM
Allowing everyone to express themselves?  Maybe if you say something the mods agree with.  Say anything they disagree with and your post gets deleted.
I disagree.

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: hbelkins on December 01, 2012, 01:23:55 PM
https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=8172.msg187952#msg187952

An argument for the prosecution or for the defense?

I'm confused, are you seriously questioning the fact that I locked a thread after the following?:
"Then fucking leave."
"Make me, bellend."
"I couldn't care less, bitch. What are you, 12 years old?"

:hmmm:
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

flowmotion

I'll say this. Whenever I see posts that have been merged, I think someone must have way too much time on his hands.

Alps

Quote from: flowmotion on December 01, 2012, 04:52:13 PM
I'll say this. Whenever I see posts that have been merged, I think someone must have way too much time on his hands.
I read the forum. When I see consecutive posts from the same poster that are related, I hit merge. It's quick and barely adds any time to my daily reading.

bugo

Quote from: Steve on December 01, 2012, 03:26:46 PM
I disagree.

US 412 totally kicks ass.

I expect this post to be deleted pronto.

Alps

Quote from: bugo on December 01, 2012, 05:31:54 PM
Quote from: Steve on December 01, 2012, 03:26:46 PM
I disagree.

US 412 totally kicks ass.

I expect this post to be deleted pronto.
You misspelled "smells like"

roadman65

I think we do not want to end up like facebook here.  The thing is some people do not even have a fuse as they have the tendency to go off as the match is being struck.  One person here went off on me once cause I told another Bud Shuster joke that so many others on this forum have been telling as he is public enemy number one with his legislated Intastate Interstate 99.  I say intrastate as not many miles of it are in New York at this time, for those who are wondering.  Anyway, we all know why we hate Buddy Shyster, but the point is my post is called a "fine necro" just for saying jokingly that another road should be named after him.

Some people take things over the line here and it should not be.  I doubt we go off on people at local bars when we have the same discussion.  I meet many I disagree with politically and morally while I am about, but we end up being better friends spite our differences.  I am sure that many of you love to hate those you know in person who do not believe the same way as you!  So why is it different here?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.