AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Southern Ohio: SR 823 / Portsmouth Bypass  (Read 53553 times)

JustMePatrick

• Last Login: November 12, 2018, 05:55:02 PM
Re: Southern Ohio: SR 823 / Portsmouth Bypass
« Reply #200 on: October 24, 2018, 07:53:12 PM »

I was poking around on FB and found this FB post tagging the Southern Ohio Veterans Memorial Highway Facebook page.  Several great pictures showing lots of progress.  Per the post as of now the scheduled opening is December 14th!

Full disclosure, this is a post by a local politician that is running for re-election.  I am neither for nor against this person.  If this happens to violate any forum policies I apologize in advance.   

https://www.facebook.com/BryanDavisforCommissioner/posts/2161592434093967?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBJwKQBMCCVwowr4NmKThImm1yeV8s6SsYY_WT8V8__8gfN4FS3pT4070IJbLRNvqjni6E0FITJWbTNXb5-Fm8SmgbbWCgoDwiUF3a2p6x6wYkIWgT45b4zXfMbcAM7Fz2miooRC37c_NV9y7gQKYTNwhWxsqwarnOLkORPGg-m6antK7s99oP3tO7MsqY8bLPODlTM1SRYYito52hIq-DyyfA&__tn__=-R

JustMePatrick

• Last Login: November 12, 2018, 05:55:02 PM
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2018, 02:25:59 PM »

:colorful: New Flyover video has been posted on the project website at www.pgg823.com, Dated October 30th, 2018.
This video shows the very near completion of this highway. At the Lucasville-Minford Rd Interchage they're doing final tie in of the highway to the bridge. On the Eastern end of the highway striping has begun with a bright yellow strip on the Southbound/Eastbound side of the road along center barrier.  Looks like this should make the scheduled opening date of December 14th.

Bonus, shows off peak fall coloring of Southern Ohio, very beautiful!

See also this article from Portsmouth Daily Times from a few day's ago: https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/top-stories/32617/veterans-memorial-highway-to-fully-open-by-dec-14

Looking forward to my Christmas trip to visit family in Lawrence County.  :D

sparker

• Last Login: Today at 07:34:19 PM
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2018, 05:03:11 PM »

:colorful: New Flyover video has been posted on the project website at www.pgg823.com, Dated October 30th, 2018.
This video shows the very near completion of this highway. At the Lucasville-Minford Rd Interchage they're doing final tie in of the highway to the bridge. On the Eastern end of the highway striping has begun with a bright yellow strip on the Southbound/Eastbound side of the road along center barrier.  Looks like this should make the scheduled opening date of December 14th.

Bonus, shows off peak fall coloring of Southern Ohio, very beautiful!

See also this article from Portsmouth Daily Times from a few day's ago: https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/top-stories/32617/veterans-memorial-highway-to-fully-open-by-dec-14

Looking forward to my Christmas trip to visit family in Lawrence County.  :D

Nice video as always (same propeller in upper right corner).  Loved the music; found it was from a relatively obscure Tom Cruise sci-fi flick from about 5 years ago.  Downloaded some sample tracks -- found CD soundtrack on ebay & ordered it.  To whoever decided to use that music in the video, many thanks!   Looks like the video captured some median line painting in progress!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.