AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interstate 295- Fayetteville, NC  (Read 42052 times)

tolbs17

• Last Login: February 20, 2020, 09:19:47 PM
Re: Interstate 295- Fayetteville, NC
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2019, 07:37:38 PM »

I'm sure at night when people put on their high beams you can blind them easily.

No, the solution to that is the DOT's enforcing their illumines for headlights when inspecting.  People who don't go off road don't need the most powerful headlights.....  Those types of lights should be restricted to lightbars on top of off-road vehicles.

Standard headlight assemblies include both low and high beams -- it's not just roof-mounted lightbars. The problem is getting drivers to use only low beams except when there is no other traffic.
That was my point. When I see people driving on the new southwest bypass some people use their high beams and it kind of blinds me when I drive on it :D. There is ABSOLUTELY NO lighting at any interchange whatsoever. So the less lighting you use, the more frequent that people would turn on their high beams.

And to you rickmastfan, normally I see trucks and work vehicles using those type of lights.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 07:40:12 PM by tolbs17 »

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: Today at 05:37:56 AM
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »

I'm sure at night when people put on their high beams you can blind them easily.

No, the solution to that is the DOT's enforcing their illumines for headlights when inspecting.  People who don't go off road don't need the most powerful headlights.....  Those types of lights should be restricted to lightbars on top of off-road vehicles.

Standard headlight assemblies include both low and high beams -- it's not just roof-mounted lightbars. The problem is getting drivers to use only low beams except when there is no other traffic.

My car has separate bulbs for each light setting, just saying.

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: Today at 05:37:56 AM
« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2019, 07:44:32 PM »

So the less lighting you use, the more frequent that people would turn on their high beams.

Trust me, that ain't true.  I've seen people use their high lights all the time in very lighted areas.  They just want to be jerks when it comes to that, and if you flash them to tell them they have them on, they go into 'road rage' mode.

tolbs17

« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2019, 07:50:13 PM »

So the less lighting you use, the more frequent that people would turn on their high beams.

Trust me, that ain't true.  I've seen people use their high lights all the time in very lighted areas.  They just want to be jerks when it comes to that, and if you flash them to tell them they have them on, they go into 'road rage' mode.
Well it did kind of happen where I live where some idiots would turn on their high beams and don't them off when they come from a dark area. That could be a mistake or them trying to commit a crime. We live in the darkest areas so they happen pretty frequently where I live.

And if they go into road-rage mode, call a cop and they can get that problem all sorted out!

sprjus4

• Last Login: Today at 02:45:27 PM
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2019, 07:55:30 PM »

And if they go into road-rage mode, call a cop and they can get that problem all sorted out!
Unfortunately, reality doesnít work like that. Itís like when anti-gun activists say you donít need a gun for self-defense, if someone breaks into your home, just call the cops.

When the cops show up 15 minutes later, and you had no gun to defend yourself because ďyou donít need itĒ, somebody could be dead, and not the suspect.

tolbs17

« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »

Unfortunately, reality doesnít work like that. Itís like when anti-gun activists say you donít need a gun for self-defense, if someone breaks into your home, just call the cops.

When the cops show up 15 minutes later, and you had no gun to defend yourself because ďyou donít need itĒ, somebody could be dead, and not the suspect.
Like them shooting at their own team? I've never had anyone break into my house and do any shootings (which is not frequent in wealthy neighborhoods). Although we've had thieves and someone try to steal food (and it did happen before and i was SO pissed off!) and I had to call the cops. It was a shame >:(

ozarkman417

• The "Living, breathing GPS".

• Last Login: Today at 03:15:10 PM
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2019, 08:55:38 PM »

Like them shooting at their own team? I've never had anyone break into my house and do any shootings (which is not frequent in wealthy neighborhoods). Although we've had thieves and someone try to steal food (and it did happen before and i was SO pissed off!) and I had to call the cops. It was a shame >:(
What did the cops do about that? I've seen many videos where the suspect simply leaves before the cops arrive.

tolbs17

« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »

What did the cops do about that? I've seen many videos where the suspect simply leaves before the cops arrive.
They would take a picture of the suspect, with all the havoc that they did, and they may catch him on camera or run! And he would get taken into custody.

VTGoose

• Last Login: February 21, 2020, 08:52:06 AM
« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2019, 10:24:39 PM »

Part of the problem is improvement in lighting that has made for brighter lights (and brighter aftermarket lights for those who aren't happy with dim bulbs). Newer vehicles now have projector lamps instead of the broad scatter of older lamps. What may appear to be high beams may just be more intense lights.

D-Dey65

• Last Login: Today at 01:55:28 PM
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2019, 09:04:21 AM »

bob7374

• Last Login: February 21, 2020, 12:19:12 PM
    • Bob Malme's Road Pages
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2020, 11:59:49 AM »

A Robeson County bridge over I-95 will be closed for a year and rebuilt as part of the Future I-295 interchange project:
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2020/2020-01-10-robeson-county-bridge-replacement.aspx

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.