Sitemap to all pages covering the state of Connecticut. Contributions and photography for the Connecticut guides from Alex Nitzman, Andy Field, Carter Buchanan, John Boren and Justin Cozart.
About the Connecticut Route System
Connecticut state routes are numbered between 2 and 999. Routes numbered above 399 are unsigned and meant for internal Connecticut Department of Transportation (ConnDOT) inventory purposes. Route duplication with Interstate and U.S. Highways is disallowed. A detailed route log for Connecticut state routes is available at Connecticut Roads on Kurumi.com.
|Top County Populations|
|Top City Populations|
|Source: 2013 U.S. Census Estimates|
- Capital: Hartford
- Nickname: Constitution State
- Area: Ranked 48th in the U.S., 5,543 sq mi or 14,357 sq km
- Statehood: January 9, 1788 - 5th state
- Total Interstate Mileage: 346.17 miles
- Highest Point: south slope of Mount Frissell on the Massachusetts state line - 2,379 feet (725 meters) above sea level
- Lowest point: Long Island Sound at sea level
- Number of Counties: 8
Major League Sports Franchises
- Hartford Whalers (NHL) (Moved to Raleigh, North Carolina and became the Carolina Hurricanes in April of 1997)
Connecticut State Route Marker
Page Updated 06-05-2009.