Sitemap to all pages covering the state of New Jersey. Page and photo contributions by Alex Nitzman, Andy Field, Carter Buchanan, Justin Cozart, Ian Ligget and Matt Guerrino (Zeffy).
City / Area Guides
|Top County Populations|
|Top City Populations|
|Union City||67,744||East Orange||64,268|
|Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, State & County QuickFacts - 2012 estimates for cities, 2013 estimate for counties and the state.|
- Capital: Trenton
- Nickname: Garden State
- The six defined regions of New Jersey:
- Delaware River
- Greater Atlantic City
- Southern Shore
- State Flower: Purple Violet
- State Bird: Eastern Goldfinch
- State Insect: Honeybee
- State Tree: Northern Red Oak
- Total Interstate Mileage: 431.36
- Land Area: 7,354.22 square miles
- Highest Point: High Point Monument 1,803 feet
- Lowest Point: sea level
- Number of Counties: 21
- Statehood: 3rd state; admitted Dec 18th, 1787.
Major League Sports Franchises
- New York Giants (NFL)
- New York Jets (NFL)
- New Jersey Devils (NHL)
- New York Red Bulls (MLS)
- New Jersey Nets (NBA) - moved to Brooklyn, New York for the 2012-13 season.
Page Updated 05-14-2014.