Florida State Road 349 is a linear route paralleling the Suwannee River 24.25 miles north from U.S. 19-98-27 Alternate at Old Town to U.S. 27 west of Branford. The rural highway traverses Old Town Hammock and areas of timber and ranch land northward to Fletcher in Dixie County. SR 349 through Lafayette County is similar, passing between Lafayette Forest Wildlife and Environmental Area and Grady Conservation Area.
County Road 349 extends south from SR 349 at Old Town 23.49 miles to the coastal community of Suwannee and Barbree Island off the Gulf of Mexico.
Historically SR 349 was part of the alignment for U.S. 129 established in 1947. U.S. 129 shifted east through Trenton, Bell and Branford in 1959 while SR 349 became a part of U.S. 129 Alternate. U.S. 129 ALT was decommissioned in 1970.
CR 475 constitutes a 2.71 mile loop through agricultural areas west of SR 349 and south of U.S. 27.
U.S. 27 continues 16 miles northwest from the north end of SR 349 to the Lafayette County seat of Mayo.
County Road 480 forms part of a 7.82 mile loop east from SR 349 along with CR 500 south and west.
County Road 340 stretches 23.20 miles across three counties from SR 349 to U.S. 27/41 at High Springs.
Approaching CR 353 west and NE 816th Avenue near the settlement of Fletcher on SR 349 southbound.
CR 351A comprises a 2.07 mile cutoff west to CR 351. Unsigned CR 351U (NE 516th Avenue)loops east 4.61 miles to McMillan Bluff along the Suwannee River.
Confirming marker for CR 349 posted between U.S. 19/98/27 ALT and SE 108th Avenue at Old Town.
Dubbed the Gateway to the Gulf, CR 349 is one of four county roads spurring south from U.S. 19-98-27 ALT to the Gulf of Mexico in Dixie County.
07/19/07, 05/22/14, 11/18/15, 06/30/17 by AARoads
Page Updated 07-21-2020.