A portion of Interstate 71 opened to traffic between Boone County and Exit 44 near Carrollton in February 1968, the same day that officials announced the start of bidding for construction of the I-275 bridge at Petersburg.
Interstate 71 Kentucky Guides
- North - Louisville to La Grange
- North - La Grange to I-75 (Walton)
- I-71/75 North - Boone / Kenton Counties
- I-71/75 South - Kenton / Boone Counties
- South - I-75 (Walton) to La Grange
- South - Jefferson / Oldham Counties
|Trailblazers posted at the Boone County rest area and tourist information center along I-71/75 southbound. 11/08/09|
|Returning to the Interstate 71 and 75 southbound mainline from the Boone County rest area. This is the first of two southbound facilities along I-71. 11/08/09|
- "Pieces of the past - Gold and silver anniversaries." The Kentucky Post, May 24, 1993.
11/08/09 by AARoads
Page Updated 03-14-2012.