A portion of Interstate 71 opened to traffic between Boone County and Exit 44 near Carrollton in February 1968, the same day that officials announced the start of bidding for construction of the I-275 bridge at Petersburg.
Interstate 71 Kentucky Highway Guides
- Interstate 71 North - Louisville to La Grange
- Interstate 71 North - La Grange to I-75 (Walton)
- Interstate 71 & 75 North - Boone & Kenton Counties
- Interstate 71 & 75 South - Kenton & Boone Counties
- Interstate 71 South - I-75 (Walton) to La Grange
- Interstate 71 South - Jefferson / Oldham Counties
|Interstate 71 scenes|
|State-named trailblazers posted at the Boone County rest area and tourist information center of Interstates 71 & 75 southbound. Photo taken 11/08/09.|
|Returning to the Interstate 71 and 75 southbound mainline from the Boone County rest area. This is the first of two southbound facilities along I-71. Photo taken 11/08/09.|
- "Pieces of the past - Gold and silver anniversaries." The Kentucky Post, May 24, 1993.
11/08/09 by AARoads
Page Updated 03-14-2012.