A 95-mile route, Illinois 84 leads north from the Quad Cities area as part of the National Great River Road to Jo Davies County and the Wisconsin state line. The state route becomes Wis 80 north of Galena and ends to the south at U.S. 6 in Colona. Much of the route is scenic through rural areas between Galena and Rapids City. This includes a stretch by Mississippi Palisades State Park.
Historically, Illinois 84 was numbered as Illinois 80 leading northward from U.S. 6 and Illinois 92 in Rock Island to Wisconsin. This changed soon after Interstate 80 was designated across the state to eliminate potential motorist confusion.
Illinois 84 Highway Guides
- Illinois 84 North - Rock Island County
- Illinois 84 North - Whiteside & Carroll Counties
- Illinois 84 South - Jo Davies County
- Illinois 84 South - Carroll & Whiteside Counties
- Illinois 84 South - Rock Island County
Page Updated 05-18-2018.