|A completely original 6/395 gantry: original shields, original pole - even original dirt! The 6 dates to 1940, the 395 to 1948. In August 1963, when US-6 was decommissioned south of Bishop, this gantry was replaced by a new US-395 sign (no US-6 companion!) and tossed into the ditch, but someone picked the gantry up out of the gutter and preserved it for history, and now 47 years later, here we have it.|
Photo courtesy of Dennis and Tinker Darr.