News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

aaroads.com topics in 2064

Started by bugo, October 24, 2014, 07:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yanksfan6129

Mass Transit: "Construction Continues on 2nd Avenue Subway, Expected Completion pushed back to 2074"

cl94

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on October 25, 2014, 12:58:21 AM
Mass Transit: "Construction Continues on 2nd Avenue Subway, Expected Completion pushed back to 2074"

Correction: "Second Avenue Subway extension to 125th Street to begin construction next year, completion expected in 2074". I doubt anybody on this forum will live to see it run from Hanover Square to 125th Street, let alone any of the "proposed extensions".
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Billy F 1988

Don't be surprised to see Missoula expanding into a metropolis and ending up like Billings today that far down the road in the future absorbing Frenchtown, Lolo, Evaro Hill, and East Missoula into one entire conglomerate city. I bet the roads by 2064 would look a lot different than now.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

1995hoo

Quote from: Brandon on October 24, 2014, 06:40:33 PM
Quote from: Roadrunner75 on October 24, 2014, 06:34:40 PM
In Off Topic-Sports:  "Philadelphia Eagles win first Superbowl!".

And then, having finally completed my bucketlist by witnessing the above, I will promptly drop dead at the ripe old age of 89.

And, "Lions Still Haven't Been To The Superbowl, Yet Cubs Still make Them Look Good".

"People still misspell 'Super Bowl' after almost 100 years"  :bigass:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Arkansastravelguy

Goethals bridge opens, Staten Island Expressway nearly complete.

I-35 extended to Thunder Bay as part of the Fritzowl Interstate System.

Pasadena in uproar over funding to complete I-710

iPhone

myosh_tino

OMFG! FritzOwl's Interstate plan for California coming to fruition!

Quote from: freebrickproductions on October 24, 2014, 01:34:28 PM
E-ZPass now accepted at all toll roads in the US.

Edit: except in California where FasTrak is alive and well...  :-D
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

The Nature Boy

"Congress passes bill thinking of expanding I-99 - NC builds its portion"

Grzrd

"ThePresident2060's plan to build interstate systems for the other fourteen North American countries faces a skeptical Congress."

ctsignguy

"Large repository of century-old wood signs found in obscure Central Ohio Apartment"
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Mapmikey

Virginia issues a 200-year Civil War anniversary map.  VA 167 still shown in Hampton.

In a political dirty trick, Capital Beltway from Springfield west around to Maryland demolished, so that the promise to never widen I-66 inside the beltway becomes null and void.  I-66 to be widened to 14 lanes.

Mapmikey

Thing 342

"Congressional gridlock remains key issue as Elections loom"

DeaconG

"Florida to Space Coast-No elevating Beachline, 50 or 192, suggests residents leave instead."
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

bugo

"I-70 and I-83 finally connect to I-95 in Baltimore. I-170 is still not connected to mainline I-70 but is redesignated as I-170 once again.

WNYroadgeek

"NYSDOT still unsure when NY 17 upgrade to I-86 will be completed"

jakeroot

"Clearview Version 6 granted Interim Approval status -- immediately misused by Illinois."

NE2

one side of Corridor H closed to motor vehicles due to extremely low traffic
road construction and automobile industries team up on new series of ads to convince young folks to drive

[locked] Maryland thread 229: news articles from CP Zilliacus Jr.
[locked] Maryland thread 230: news articles from CP Zilliacus Jr.
Maryland thread 231: news articles from CP Zilliacus Jr.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

formulanone

"At what age should people voluntarily cancel their driver's license?" - a topic which gets locked every time, and becomes a subject akin to politics and religion for non-discussion.

Laura

Quote from: bugo on October 25, 2014, 07:14:17 PM
"I-70 and I-83 finally connect to I-95 in Baltimore. I-170 is still not connected to mainline I-70 but is redesignated as I-170 once again.

Haha, nope. Never happening.

Much more likely:

"Where are the remaining Clearview BGSs in your state?"

robbones

General Highway talk:"New Madrid Earthquake Destroys All Mississippi River Crossings from St. Louis to Greenville, MS."

Grzrd

"(AHTD) Why not encourage the Arkansas legislature to amend the farm machinery statute in order to allow immediate I-555 signage?"

Bruce

Quote from: robbones on October 26, 2014, 07:40:36 PM
General Highway talk:"New Madrid Earthquake Destroys All Mississippi River Crossings from St. Louis to Greenville, MS."

In the same vein:

Cascadian 'quake causes vital bridges to collapse
MAY 5, 2015 - Last updated: 7:38 pm PST

SEATTLE - This morning's megathrust earthquake, now measured at 9.0 on the Richter scale, has left the entire Pacific Northwest in some state of ruin. The Washington State Department of Transportation is scrambling to set up detours around over 1,000 collapsed or destroyed bridges around the entire state. Interstate 5 remains closed between North Portland and Vancouver, at the Nisqually River Bridge near Olympia, and at the Stillaguamish River north of Marysvile, while the floating bridges on Lake Washington and Hood Canal remain closed for inspection. Construction of the new Alaskan Way Tunnel and Link Light Rail tunnels has resumed, with plans to accelerate completion to replace the destroyed Alaskan Way Viaduct.

kj3400

I-95 road work ongoing for past 50 years
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

tidecat

Alabama to finally complete I-22/I-65 interchange by "early" 2065

Kentucky completes I-71 extension to Owensboro

US Routes 62, 79, 84 and 98 to be decommissioned

Texas proposes extending I-8 eastward from Arizona

Rest areas that have not been privatized
Clinched: I-264 (KY), I-265 (KY), I-359 (AL), I-459 (AL), I-865 (IN)

freebrickproductions

Not sure if anyone posted this before, but:
"Traffic Lights that are still standing."
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Laura

Original road geeks whose descendants are also road geeks 

iPhone

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.