News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

How do you make your coffee?

Started by J N Winkler, October 20, 2010, 06:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you make your coffee?

Moka pot (stovetop espresso maker)
1 (10%)
Percolator
3 (30%)
Cafetière (French press)
0 (0%)
Electric kettle + filter drip
3 (30%)
Home espresso maker
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 04, 2010, 06:49:57 PM

J N Winkler

This poll is geared toward coffee drinkers.  I have tried pretty much all of the options listed except the home espresso maker, and have used a cafetière for many years, but have been loyal to moka pots for about three years now.  I never liked the burden of keeping paper filters in stock and, in comparison to cafetières, I find that moka pots produce consistently sediment-free coffee whose taste is less influenced by the build-up of coffee oils over time.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Chris

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_preparation

I use filter coffee of the Douwe Egberts brand, which is a Dutch premium brand. I don't like coffee from an automatic machine. (a.k.a. office coffee). I generally use a big mug, not those tiny things which you sip away in 3 seconds.

Further more; a small amount of sugar, no milk, not too strong.

Scott5114

I'm not sure if whether it's because I'm a non-coffee drinker or not, but I've never heard of most of the options in the poll. :P

Quote from: Chris on October 20, 2010, 07:16:44 AM
I use filter coffee of the Douwe Egberts brand, which is a Dutch premium brand. I don't like coffee from an automatic machine. (a.k.a. office coffee).

Funny you should say that. In the beverage stations at work, we have automatic Douwe Egberts dispensers.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

corco

I don't drink a lot of coffee and I don't have a coffeemaker, so when I do I just drink instant

realjd

Which one of those crazy choices is a regular coffee maker?

I don't like coffee with or without cream and sugar, so I usually just drink it black because I may as well be lazy about it.

Alex

My sister got me hooked on Wawa coffee a couple of years ago and we "import" bags of it here and brew it in a coffee maker.  :coffee:

J N Winkler

"Regular coffee maker" = percolator.  "Electric kettle + filter drip" describes a brewing method where a paper filter is placed directly over a carafe or coffee cup, coffee is put in the filter, water is boiled separately in an electric kettle, and the contents of the kettle are then poured over the coffee in the filter.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

jgb191

I like it regular coffee with a couple of teaspoons of (Hazelnut or French Vanilla) Coffeemates and ample amounts of sugar.

The Waffle House has the world's greatest coffee.  IHOP has good coffee.  I've given up on Starbucks for in search for a decent cup.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Ian

I'm a coffee drinker, my best friend got me into it actually. I don't usually make it often, though when I do, I usually make it in a home espresso maker.

Quote from: AARoads on October 20, 2010, 11:30:04 AM
My sister got me hooked on Wawa coffee a couple of years ago and we "import" bags of it here and brew it in a coffee maker.  :coffee:

Wawa coffee is great. Every Monday morning me and my dad stop to get a cup before I head to school :coffee:
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

allniter89

I dont drink much coffee either, but when I have a cup I prefer op's :)
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

FLRoads

Quote from: AARoads on October 20, 2010, 11:30:04 AM
My sister got me hooked on Wawa coffee a couple of years ago and we "import" bags of it here and brew it in a coffee maker.  :coffee:

Speaking of which it is almost time to "import" again... :nod:

Scott5114

Hey, this is actually a thread to which this emoticon is relevant. :coffee:

I really never understood what emotion this was attempting to express.... :coffee:
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

WillWeaverRVA

I use an espresso maker but I generally use it to make regular coffee. When I don't, I just get espresso at the coffee cart at work. Amazing coffee, and it's cheaper than Starbucks. :coffee:
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

njroadhorse

I prefer brewed coffee when I do drink it at home.  I've given up on Dunkin' Donuts because their coffee has just gotten worse as time goes on, and they don't have any here in Virginia where I go to college.  Anyone know where I can get a good cup in VA by the way?
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: njroadhorse on November 02, 2010, 11:12:50 AM
I prefer brewed coffee when I do drink it at home.  I've given up on Dunkin' Donuts because their coffee has just gotten worse as time goes on, and they don't have any here in Virginia where I go to college.  Anyone know where I can get a good cup in VA by the way?

I personally can't stand Dunkin' Donuts' coffee. It used to be great but it sucks now. Wawa has okay coffee, and depending on where you go 7-11 has better coffee than you might expect for a 7-11. Caribou Coffee is also good but they've slowly been vanishing as of late.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.