News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NJ Photos wanted for CanHwys New Jersey pages

Started by Roadgeek Adam, October 18, 2009, 07:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeek Adam

I am working on the New Jersey pages on CanHighways and would love it if people would e-mail me their images or links to their images at richardpetty43 at msn.com - It would be easier than using all my images.

Give me a hoot or post here.

Adam M
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

froggie

Curious why you think that'd be easier than using your own photos...

Roadgeek Adam

Too many to go through, and mine are not always great
Adam Seth Moss

hbelkins

Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on October 18, 2009, 07:45:39 PM
I am working on the New Jersey pages on CanHighways and would love it if people would e-mail me their images or links to their images at richardpetty43 at msn.com - It would be easier than using all my images.

Adam M

I've always been curious as to what "CanHighways" means or is supposed to stand for. Canada Highways?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

SSOWorld

Quote from: hbelkins on October 19, 2009, 11:49:51 AM
Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on October 18, 2009, 07:45:39 PM
I am working on the New Jersey pages on Canned Highways and would love it if people would e-mail me their images or links to their images at richardpetty43 at msn.com - It would be easier than using all my images.

Adam M

I've always been curious as to what "Canned Highways" means or is supposed to stand for. Canada Highways?
FIXED!!! :evilgrin:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss

hbelkins

Seriously, what is the Can in CanHighways supposed to be short for?

Adam, I will have a few New Jersey photos from my recent trip on my site as soon as I can get them processed and uploaded. I also have a few photos my wife took in 2007 from Jersey that I plan to post at some point in the future. You're welcome to any or all if you find anything you like once I get them online.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Roadgeek Adam

Ok. Its Canada I believe, as that's how it started
Adam Seth Moss

PAHighways

Someone should have told me Pennsylvania was now a part of Canada, because I am owed a lot of free health care :).

DanTheMan414

Allow me to clarify, Adam. :P

CanHighways.com started a few years ago as a collaboration between two very insightful Ontario road enthusiasts, Scott Steeves (OntHighways.com webmaster & former forum member) and Cameron Bevers (TheKingsHighway.ca webmaster), to work toward building virtual tours of provincial and state highways, such that you'll be able to travel parts of the U.S. & Canada through photos.  I was invited onto the project in early 2008, followed by Manitoba webmaster Curtis Walker late last year, & then Adam Moss last month as the New Jersey webmaster.

That's just a brief background on the project, but to answer H.B.'s question, it is primarily based on the roots of the project being in Canada, as a supplement to OntHighways.com.

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Roadgeek Adam

I guess it doesn't matter now, but Scott Steeves terminated NJ at CanHighways for reasons I won't go into. I'll find a way to work everything I did because I don't want all this to go to waste.
Adam Seth Moss

Alex

NJ being on CanHwys kind of reminds me of when the CFL expanded into the United States for a few seasons...

SSOWorld

closing at author's request as CanHighways NJ isn't happening.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.