News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk920

Barring any late trades, the Packers don't pick until #s 21 and 28 tonight.  I hope my food and beverage last that long...

:spin:

Mike

triplemultiplex

Eh, I'll read about it tomorrow during my morning "business meeting".
Not one of those people who watches the draft.  Far too tedious.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Big John

Quote from: mgk920 on April 28, 2022, 12:53:17 PM
Barring any late trades, the Packers don't pick until #s 21 and 28 tonight.  I hope my food and beverage last that long...

:spin:

Mike
Barring a trade, you have to wait a little longer, for #22 and #28.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: triplemultiplex on April 28, 2022, 02:54:04 PM
Eh, I'll read about it tomorrow during my morning "business meeting".
Not one of those people who watches the draft.  Far too tedious.

I remember the first time I watched the draft, with zero idea of what I was getting into. Vikings picked #16 and it took three freaking hours just to get that far. I was annoyed.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

thspfc

Thought just about every team has made good decisions so far, until Green Bay drafted a 2nd-round talent who plays a declining position - a position they already have solid starters at - while ignoring huge needs at WR, OG, and DE.

thspfc

Don't hate the Cowboys selection but I would rather have them pick a cornerback.

plain

Giants definitely getting what we needed in the first round (OT, DE).
Newark born, Richmond bred

Big John

Quote from: thspfc on April 28, 2022, 10:35:48 PM
Thought just about every team has made good decisions so far, until Green Bay drafted a 2nd-round talent who plays a declining position - a position they already have solid starters at - while ignoring huge needs at WR, OG, and DE.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

webny99

Wow, a crazy first round in the books. A ton of trades, including Hollywood Brown to the Cardinals and AJ Brown to the Eagles, a Strange pick by the Patriots, and only one QB drafted, Kenny Pickett to the Steelers. I think the Jets and Lions are the biggest winners tonight.

Overall, only 14 teams picked in their original spot. After the first 6 picks, 18 of the next 26 picks (69%) involved a trade. And 10 teams did not pick in the first round which has to be an all-time high. The NFC East was the only division where all 4 teams made a pick!

Teams that picked three times: Jets
Teams that picked twice: Jaguars, Lions, Texans, Giants, Saints, Ravens, Chiefs, Packers
Teams that picked once: Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks, Eagles, Commanders, Chargers, Titans, Steelers, Bills, Cowboys, Patriots, Bengals, Vikings

Teams that did not pick:
-Dolphins (Tyreek Hill trade)
-Raiders (Davante Adams trade)
-Broncos (Russell Wilson trade)
-Browns (Deshaun Watson trade)
-Colts (Carson Wentz trade)
-Cardinals (Hollywood Brown trade)
-Rams (Matt Stafford trade)
-Buccaneers (traded #27 to Jacksonville)
-Bears (trade up for Justin Fields)
-49ers (trade up for Trey Lance)

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on April 28, 2022, 10:46:41 PM
Don't hate the Cowboys selection but I would rather have them pick a cornerback.

The Bills must have thought the same thing, because they jumped the Cowboys to get CB Kaiir Elam (never heard of him until tonight, but he seems like a good fit).

jgb191

Just five words sums up how I feel about my Texans:  "I still trust Nick Caserio!"

Not sure why a lot of griping/complaining within our fanbase, but if there is any GM or executive out there that know how to rebuild a team, Nick certainly is it.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

DenverBrian

This draft reminds me of someone at TJ Maxx picking through a disaster pile of clothes looking for a 3-piack of underwear.

webny99

Quote from: Big John on April 28, 2022, 11:29:35 PM
Quote from: thspfc on April 28, 2022, 10:35:48 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1520040220539822080

frankenroad

Saw this on an Ohio State fan page....

"as of last night's draft, TTUN has finally produced the same number of defensive players picked in the Top 5 as Cheryl Bosa"

Not even mad that my Bengals drafted a player from TTUN.
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

thspfc

Quote from: frankenroad on April 29, 2022, 02:24:08 PM

"as of last night's draft, TTUN has finally produced the same number of defensive players picked in the Top 5 as Cheryl Bosa"

For those who don't believe that refusing to say the name of a rival team makes them worse, TTUN is Michigan.

golden eagle

I can somewhat believe it, but I can't believe only one QB went in the first round.

Alps

Quote from: thspfc on April 29, 2022, 02:39:14 PM
Quote from: frankenroad on April 29, 2022, 02:24:08 PM

For those who don't believe that refusing to say the name of a rival team makes them worse, TTUN is Michigan.
TTDS is stupid

Alps

Quote from: golden eagle on April 29, 2022, 03:14:50 PM
I can somewhat believe it, but I can't believe only one QB went in the first round.
I can and I'm glad that talent is recognized. There were years when QBs were picked well ahead of where deserved simply cause most bad teams lack a good QB.

webny99

Quote from: Alps on April 29, 2022, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: golden eagle on April 29, 2022, 03:14:50 PM
I can and I'm glad that talent is recognized. There were years when QBs were picked well ahead of where deserved simply cause most bad teams lack a good QB.

And it's officially extended through round 2: still just 1 QB off the board.

There's probably going to be a run of QB's at some point, but the question is: for which teams?  16/16 AFC teams now have a guaranteed starter or close to it, so it will be NFC teams. Maybe Lions, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, Commanders... ?

webny99

The Bills draft James Cook (Dalvin Cook's brother) at pick #63 after trading down twice.

LOL, Wikipedia:

webny99

... speaking of pick 74, Desmond Ridder to the Falcons!
Malik Willis to the Titans at 86
Matt Corral to the Panthers at 94

Great value by all three teams IMO.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: webny99 on April 29, 2022, 09:32:00 PM
The Bills draft James Cook (Dalvin Cook's brother) at pick #63 after trading down twice.

LOL, Wikipedia:

What's the good Captain's 40 time?
:-D
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

webny99

webny99

Here are my totally infallible NFL team rankings after the draft.

(Actually, I really struggled with some of these, especially the bottom of the rankings. Draft season is hope season, so it seems unfair to put anyone at the bottom. You could probably make a case for about 10 different teams to be #1 and 10 different teams to be #32. I wanted to put the Bills at #1, but I daren't jinx them.)

AFCNFC
Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bills
Rams
Chargers
Bengals
Packers
Broncos
Colts
Ravens
Cardinals
Cowboys
Raiders
Titans
Browns
49ers
Dolphins
Patriots
Eagles
Steelers
Saints
Vikings
Jets
Seahawks
Commanders
Giants
Jaguars
Lions
Bears
Falcons
Panthers
Texans

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: webny99 on May 02, 2022, 03:41:47 PM

Texans

:-D.  Sure you didn't mean to have several spaces between Panthers and Texans?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.