News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Any Tennessee I-75 shields remaining?

Started by DevalDragon, August 22, 2013, 12:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevalDragon

I will be headed thru Tennessee tomorrow on I-75; are there any TN shields remaining?

Tennessee is the only state I'm missing from my personI-75 shield photo collection.

Thanks!

agentsteel53

that's a tough one.  I don't know of any Tennessee examples of any route number.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Avalanchez71

I couldn't locate the I-124 shield in Chattanooga.  Haven't seen any Tennessee state Interstate highway shields in years.

Alex

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on August 29, 2013, 11:05:35 PM
I couldn't locate the I-124 shield in Chattanooga.  Haven't seen any Tennessee state Interstate highway shields in years.

The I-124 shield has been gone for a decade or so now.

The last known Tennessee Interstate shields were posted in Knoxville on side roads and disappeared shortly after they were discovered in 2004:

www.aaroads.com/shields/show.php?image=TN19610751
www.aaroads.com/shields/show.php?image=TN19720753

agentsteel53

Quote from: Alex on August 30, 2013, 10:22:24 AM

www.aaroads.com/shields/show.php?image=TN19610751
www.aaroads.com/shields/show.php?image=TN19720753

gone as of Dec 2006.  there in 2004.

I know that on New Year's day 2005 there was a '70 spec shield on I-640 westbound - either a 640, or a 40; I don't remember apart from the fact that it wasn't a 75.

jake@aaroads.com

ATLRedSoxFan

There might still be one at Lovell RD. and I-40/75...And it was free standing southbound approaching the interstate. At least from when i used to live there.. I-40 was not labeled and I-75 had Tennessee on the shield. But it was "steak-in-the-ground' issue.

Avalanchez71

Quote from: ATLRedSoxFan on September 10, 2013, 12:34:08 AM
There might still be one at Lovell RD. and I-40/75...And it was free standing southbound approaching the interstate. At least from when i used to live there.. I-40 was not labeled and I-75 had Tennessee on the shield. But it was "steak-in-the-ground' issue.
Didn't they expand that area and the truck stops?  Am I thinking of elsewhere in that region?

bassoon1986

Quote from: ATLRedSoxFan on September 10, 2013, 12:34:08 AM

It's not present on GSV. And the images are from 2012

Mapmikey

I found (literally) a state named I-75 shield yesterday.  unfortunately I was not able to take a picture.  It is also newer than the 2012 GMSV.

Anyway, on WB Paul Huff Pkwy (exit 27) in Cleveland, there are two I-75 shields.  Only instead of "Tennessee" where the state name would go, they have the word "state" instead.

Mapmikey

hbelkins

Quote from: Mapmikey on February 17, 2014, 10:26:46 AM
I found (literally) a state named I-75 shield yesterday.  unfortunately I was not able to take a picture.  It is also newer than the 2012 GMSV.

Anyway, on WB Paul Huff Pkwy (exit 27) in Cleveland, there are two I-75 shields.  Only instead of "Tennessee" where the state name would go, they have the word "state" instead.

Mapmikey

Steve, aren't you going to be in that area next month?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on February 17, 2014, 08:50:58 PM

Mapmikey

Steve, aren't you going to be in that area next month?
(i already added this to my itinerary)

formulanone

Mapmikey

Drove a little out of my way for this one yesterday - had to see it to believe it:

Mapmikey

Glad to see it was photographed before it was fixed.

Also confirms I wasn't hallucinating it during an extremely long day on the road...

Mapmikey

amroad17

Those look like demo or display signs. 

INTERSTATE
      (Your state here)
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Zeffy

Quote from: formulanone on April 19, 2014, 02:56:57 PM
Drove a little out of my way for this one yesterday - had to see it to believe it:

That's awesome. Thanks for taking the time to get this before TennDOT replaces it.
Quote from: amroad17 on April 19, 2014, 08:18:18 PM
Those look like demo or display signs. 

INTERSTATE
      (Your state here)

The 75 should be a 00. Then it would be a demo sign!  :)
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

amroad17

I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Alps

Way cool. It was a bit too far out of my way, unfortunately.

Avalanchez71

That is just weird right there.  There's your sign.

agentsteel53

you've gotta be shitting me.

first, the governor holding a TENNESSEE I-69 shield.  then this.  but not an actual state-named field install in over 30 years?

jake@aaroads.com

PurdueBill

Wow.  Tennesseein' is Tennebelievin'. 

Pete from Boston

Quote from: formulanone on April 19, 2014, 02:56:57 PM

Mapmikey

This is the road sign equivalent of Cakewrecks.com (specifically cakes with instructions transcribed on the cake, like "Happy Birthday Underneath That From The Gang").

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.