News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by kenarmy, March 29, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flint1979

I saw a dead body laying in the street after getting hit by a car last night, creepy site for sure.

kphoger

Quote from: Flint1979 on December 31, 2022, 09:49:05 PM
I saw a dead body laying in the street after getting hit by a car last night, creepy site for sure.

Ambiguous grammar aside (I'm assuming you aren't the one who was hit by a car last night), I must ask:  was it already a crime scene with police on site, or was it just a dead body and some awkward gawkers?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: ZLoth on December 31, 2022, 09:22:16 PM
I'm electing to go with the generic non-personalized plates at this time, so the number they issued me starts with SFV. Oh dear... now I'm coming up with acronyms such as:

• A friend suggested "Sasquatch Finding Vehicle"

Sasquatch Flattening Vehicle
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on January 03, 2023, 09:20:14 AM
Quote from: ZLoth on December 31, 2022, 09:22:16 PM
I'm electing to go with the generic non-personalized plates at this time, so the number they issued me starts with SFV. Oh dear... now I'm coming up with acronyms such as:

• A friend suggested "Sasquatch Finding Vehicle"

Sasquatch Flattening Vehicle

Special Fluid Valve
Stunning Fluke Victory
Special Flavor Vacuum
Scuderia Ferrari Victim
Sudden False Vacation
Stegosaurus Faction Van

I do things like this when I'm stuck behind the same vehicle for a while, my buddies and I also did this a bunch when we were first driving. Can't really do this in Alabama but you can try to guess what obscure county they're from.

zachary_amaryllis

quietly awaits 'names for SUV's' thread.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

Big John

I once was assigned a "Satan plate": letter combination of DVL.

Max Rockatansky

If there is a kenarmy does that mean there is a kenspaceforce?

Flint1979

Quote from: kphoger on January 03, 2023, 09:19:30 AM

Ambiguous grammar aside (I'm assuming you aren't the one who was hit by a car last night), I must ask:  was it already a crime scene with police on site, or was it just a dead body and some awkward gawkers?
It wasn't a crime scene with police on site when I originally saw it. I saw the body before the cops got there. Heard someone run in and say someone just got hit, I said a pedestrian? And the guy said yeah. So three of us ran outside and there were people trying to help him, he was dead he wasn't moving, no pulse no nothing. 911 had already been called and within two minutes there were Saginaw city, Michigan State Police and Saginaw County Sheriff's there, when they realized that the guy was dead the parmedics showed up. It was an ugly scene for about three hours.

Scott5114

Quote from: Flint1979 on January 03, 2023, 12:48:23 PM

It wasn't a crime scene with police on site when I originally saw it. I saw the body before the cops got there. Heard someone run in and say someone just got hit, I said a pedestrian? And the guy said yeah. So three of us ran outside and there were people trying to help him, he was dead he wasn't moving, no pulse no nothing. 911 had already been called and within two minutes there were Saginaw city, Michigan State Police and Saginaw County Sheriff's there, when they realized that the guy was dead the parmedics showed up. It was an ugly scene for about three hours.

Did the driver stop, or was it a hit and run?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Flint1979

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 04, 2023, 03:41:04 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on January 03, 2023, 12:48:23 PM

Did the driver stop, or was it a hit and run?
He stopped and cooperated with the police.

roadman65

I used to think Roadgeekteen was way out there with Mars, but after observing MMM lately, he's way beyond that. In fact MMM has made it out of the solar system.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 05:12:08 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on January 04, 2023, 04:41:12 PM
I used to think Roadgeekteen was way out there with Mars, but after observing MMM lately, he's way beyond that. In fact MMM has made it out of the solar system.

And it's a good thing that any aliens will be able to first meet such a worthy representative of our planet. Both our races will not be let down at first contact.

Are you banking on humanity making contact with the Owl People or Alpha Centauri B?

kphoger

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 05:12:08 PM
And it's a good thing that any aliens will be able to first meet such a worthy representative of our planet. Both our races will not be let down at first contact.

Especially if they're hungry.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 04, 2023, 05:21:57 PM
Most likely the Zeta Retoculum star system. Although those aliens better make sure their stars fit the cosmic grid.

Hey, I actually recognized the humor that time!
Male pronouns, please.

roadman65

I honestly think this guy is giving us a ride in his spaceship.  He is really toying with us as he rebuts humor about him in an alien way.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

vdeane

More like out of the universe and stuck in a dead one where all other matter has long since decayed away, with no nearby objects save for an ultramassive black hole a few billion light years away.  It's why he seems to have little better to do but argue about fictional highways, impractical aviation, and sexy Star Trek scenes on an internet forum.  Maybe he'll get lucky and be rescued by a wayward starship that ended up there after a failed engine experiment or contact with the electroweak force or something.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: vdeane on January 04, 2023, 08:38:29 PM
More like out of the universe and stuck in a dead one where all other matter has long since decayed away, with no nearby objects save for an ultramassive black hole a few billion light years away.  It's why he seems to have little better to do but argue about fictional highways, impractical aviation, and sexy Star Trek scenes on an internet forum.  Maybe he'll get lucky and be rescued by a wayward starship that ended up there after a failed engine experiment or contact with the electroweak force or something.

I prefer to think it's the universe where so many trillions of years have gone by that even the super massive black holes have dissolved via Hawking Radiation.

vdeane

^ Maybe he can ponder the positronium atoms, assuming Dark Energy allows them to form.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kphoger

More like out of the universe and stuck in a dead one where all other matter has long since decayed away, with no nearby objects save for an ultramassive black hole a few billion light years away.

Black holes are a scam.
Male pronouns, please.

kirbykart

Yesterday my family and I, plus my grandma and aunt went to Myers Steakhouse in Salamanca for my grandma's birthday dinner. I ordered a dish called Chicken Wisconsin, which is two pan-fried chicken breasts covered in a cheddar cheese sauce. It is swimming in the sauce. I ate one chicken breast there and took the other one home for lunch today.

Often food is named after some idyllic, exotic, or famous place. But Wisconsin?

kurumi

I wonder if any newcomers to Michigan had an eye-opening moment where they found out "Major's" (seen in print) and "Meyer's" (heard out loud) are the same supermarket chain.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Big John

Quote from: kirbykart on January 07, 2023, 01:19:56 PM
Yesterday my family and I, plus my grandma and aunt went to Myers Steakhouse in Salamanca for my grandma's birthday dinner. I ordered a dish called Chicken Wisconsin, which is two pan-fried chicken breasts covered in a cheddar cheese sauce. It is swimming in the sauce. I ate one chicken breast there and took the other one home for lunch today.

I am from Wisconsin.  Never heard of it.

formulanone

Quote from: Big John on January 07, 2023, 03:26:48 PM
Quote from: kirbykart on January 07, 2023, 01:19:56 PM

I am from Wisconsin.  Never heard of it.

Perhaps Chicken Forward was too oblique.

Quote from: kurumi on January 07, 2023, 02:29:40 PM
I wonder if any newcomers to Michigan had an eye-opening moment where they found out "Major's" (seen in print) and "Meyer's" (heard out loud) are the same supermarket chain.

[Sheepishly raises hand]

Also, I figured it was "mee-jerz". Never underestimate my ability to bet on that green double-zero on a roulette wheel.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: kphoger on January 05, 2023, 09:18:45 AM
More like out of the universe and stuck in a dead one where all other matter has long since decayed away, with no nearby objects save for an ultramassive black hole a few billion light years away.

Black holes are a scam.

It is a little hard to believe that the geometry of spacetime gets all fucked up just because there was too much hydrogen in one area LOL!

Bruce

And it was founded by one Frederik G. Meijer, not to be confused with Fred G. Meyer who started his own hypermarket chain, Fred Meyer, in the Northwest.

Flint1979

Huh?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.