News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Meals $10 and under

Started by roadman65, December 03, 2023, 11:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Quote from: Takumi on December 05, 2023, 08:56:22 PM
Cook Out trays are still under $10, though adding a milkshake might take it over that.

Well under $10 around here, and to me, it's the best bargain in fast food. Even adding bacon and cheese to a Big Double tray won't push the cost over $10.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Voyager

I can still get Chipotle/Panda Express around $10 depending on what I get (mostly Veggie Bowls) and I'm in the Bay Area which has an insane cost of living/food prices.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

golden eagle

On the McDonald's app, you can get a 4 for $5 meal, which consists of a McDouble or chicken sandwich, fries, drink and chicken nuggets.

kphoger

Quote from: Bruce on December 04, 2023, 12:01:11 AM
The best deal around is still the $1.50 Costco hot dog and drink.

Wouldn't that be about $61.50?  You have to buy a membership card in order to eat there, right?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on December 13, 2023, 04:53:43 PM

Wouldn't that be about $61.50?  You have to buy a membership card in order to eat there, right?

The price of the card would be amortized over all of the hot dogs consumed over a year. If you eat forty hot dogs (that's as many as four tens, and that's terrible), the price comes out to $3 each. Not bad.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

webny99

You wouldn't necessarily have to. The food court is on the exit side of the checkouts, which has its own entrance that anyone can walk in without a membership (in fact, that's exactly what you'd do to get a membership). And to my recollection, you don't have to present your membership card at the food court, so it would be possible to use the food court without ever entering the "membership only" part of the store.

Big John

Quote from: webny99 on December 13, 2023, 08:02:02 PM

You wouldn't necessarily have to. The food court is on the exit side of the checkouts, which has its own entrance that anyone can walk in without a membership (in fact, that's exactly what you'd do to get a membership). And to my recollection, you don't have to present your membership card at the food court, so it would be possible to use the food court without ever entering the "membership only" part of the store.
I think Costco recently changed their policy that you have to show your membership card to make a purchase in the food court.

Bruce

Costco's credit card has cashback that more than makes up for the membership cost. The savings on gas alone pays for the membership.

You should not be able to pass beyond the tire center without a membership card. They do check.

The exception is food courts that are outdoors and thus are considered public. This doesn't apply worldwide though, as I found out in Cancun after my U.S. Costco app was rejected and I couldn't order from their outdoor food court without obtaining a temporary paper membership.

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 13, 2023, 05:40:23 PM

The price of the card would be amortized over all of the hot dogs consumed over a year. If you eat forty hot dogs (that's as many as four tens, and that's terrible), the price comes out to $3 each. Not bad.

And if you spend thirty grand a year to live in an assisted living facility, then you might get all of your meals for free!  But whatever...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: Big John on December 13, 2023, 08:21:11 PM

I think Costco recently changed their policy that you have to show your membership card to make a purchase in the food court.

Could very well be. I don't think I've been to the food court there in close to five years.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on December 14, 2023, 01:21:12 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 13, 2023, 05:40:23 PM

And if you spend thirty grand a year to live in an assisted living facility, then you might get all of your meals for free!  But whatever...

Yeah, but what's the deal with airline food? Besides being free if you've paid/upgraded first class on a domestic ticket...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.