Regional Boards > Northwest

Washington

<< < (212/216) > >>

KEK Inc.:

--- Quote from: Bickendan on September 12, 2021, 04:39:22 AM ---I can see a lot of possible pushback from routing a freeway through the Duwamish Greenbelt and from South Seattle College.
You might have to bore the facility under the Greebelt and the channel.

Also, I can't endorse this unless WA 99's restored to US 99 ;)

--- End quote ---

Just make it the Duwamish Parkway all the way to I-5.  lol

jakeroot:

--- Quote from: KEK Inc. on September 12, 2021, 04:19:24 AM ---Has a new Duwamish crossing ever been assessed? 

--- End quote ---

Cool map, thank you for sharing.

I've never been fully satisfied with how 599, 99, and 509 come together at the First Ave So. Bridge. It seems to work decently, even under duress as we've been witnessing. As a way out of Seattle, it's very much a "back way" south and I love the idea of continuing to improve it. But then I'm rarely bothered by it now. As long as it's open, things usually fly. Usually.

What would happen with the current bridge? I'm not sure the bonds would even be paid off yet. I'm also not sure how pushing a freeway through a steep greenbelt could be justified. Like others, a bored tunnel seems much more likely to succeed given ROW issues, terrain, and seismic restrictions.

KEK Inc.:

--- Quote from: Bruce on September 06, 2021, 08:07:33 PM ---Interesting that WSDOT's General State Highway Map for 2020 still shows plans for a Monroe bypass:

--- End quote ---

I made some mock-up signs  a while back for a "what-if" situation if US-2 were to be a divided freeway to Gold Bar.

WSDOT probably wouldn't add exit numbers.

Bruce:

--- Quote from: jakeroot on September 12, 2021, 01:57:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bruce on September 11, 2021, 03:38:14 AM ---Just about finished with another major research project: the full history of Interstate 182.

--- End quote ---

Without quoting the rest, just wanting to say that this was a great read-through. I really appreciate you taking the time to research and write this out since there isn't a lot who might take the time to do it. 182 really is interesting given how much back-and-forth there was over the routing of 82.

I'm willing to go in on a really in-depth research project for I-705/Tacoma Spur if anyone wants to help me out. What's on Wikipedia now is really good but I'd love to go another level deeper.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I've been planning to eventually overhaul the I-705 article (which was written well before we had reliable access to Tacoma's News Tribune archives) as part of my series on Northwest Interstates. So far I have I-5, I-82, I-182, and Portland's I-405 done.

Newspapers.com now has good coverage in Spokane, Tacoma, and Boise, so I don't have to do as much digging around for AP/UPI mentions in other papers, or god forbid spending hours at a microfilm machine at the library. We have it real easy these days.

stevashe:

--- Quote from: jakeroot on August 02, 2021, 01:28:28 PM ---Pardon me while I toot my on horn :)...

For anyone interested in an update on construction in the South Sound, I made a ride-along video from Downtown Tacoma to Lacey, and then back.

Highlight of the video is the reconstructed bit of I-5 through the bases. I filmed this on 31 July. No music, no annotations. Just chapters and original sound (aka: road noise!)

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hmho4IuHL8
--- End quote ---

Within the same area as your video there Jake, I took a short one going through the new DDI at I-5 and SR510. Meant to post this a while ago since it was taken in July, but I was busy/lazy/on vacation :P

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYw2Wr5VOY

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version