Regional Boards > Central States

MODOT Contract Lettings

<< < (4/37) > >>

mvak36:
August 18, 2017 Letting: Bid Results. Bid Award Winners.

Notable Projects:
Job J1I3020 Route I-29 ANDREW, HOLT County. 1 Bridge Deck Replacement over Nodaway River, the total length of improvement being 0.59 miles.
Job J2I3160 Route I-70 WARREN County. Grading, alternate paving, walls and bridge west of Route MM in Warrenton, the total length of improvement being 1.877 miles.
Job J8M0258 Various Routes, Various Counties. Guardrail replacement in various locations in the Southwest District, the total length of improvement being 0.933 miles.   

The following set of projects was let as one project:
(1): Job J1P0918 Route 36 CALDWELL, DEKALB County. Coldmill and resurface west of Route 33 east of Caldwell County Line, the total length of improvement being 5.47 miles.
(2): Job J1P3086 Route 36 DEKALB County. Grading and pavement from 0.1 mile west of Route 33 to 0.6 miles east of Route 33 near Osborn, the total length of improvement being 0.745 miles.
(3): Job J1P3105 Route 36 DEKALB County. Coldmill and resurface east of Route 31 west of Route 33 near Osborn, the total length of improvement being 10.283 miles.

I-39:
I'm gonna be honest, I'm surprised MoDOT has any contract lettings, since they are so short on money.

mvak36:

--- Quote from: I-39 on July 14, 2017, 09:20:38 PM ---I'm gonna be honest, I'm surprised MoDOT has any contract lettings, since they are so short on money.

--- End quote ---
They have money to do maintenance projects and all but not enough to do big projects. About 200 million or so every year is used to pay back the bonds that they took out for the new I-70 bridge and the 64 extension to Wentzville. Unless the legislature increases the gas tax or finds another source of revenue like tolling, etc., they won't have money to do projects like 70 between KC and STL. I believe they're gonna be paying off those bonds till about 2033.

iPhone

J N Winkler:
MoDOT lets many of what it calls Job Order Contracting (JOC) contracts, which are for small maintenance-type jobs like mowing, fence repair, etc. and involve the contractor agreeing to be on call for work orders.  They have plan sets, but typically they include just a title sheet and some standard plan sheets for workzone traffic control.  If you strip out the JOC contracts, quite often there is very little left in each monthly letting.

I remember reading a while ago that MoDOT has a "nut" of $300 million each year to work with and has to focus on the most heavily traveled subset of the state highway system--I think the top 3000 miles?

mvak36:

--- Quote from: J N Winkler on July 17, 2017, 04:18:14 PM ---MoDOT lets many of what it calls Job Order Contracting (JOC) contracts, which are for small maintenance-type jobs like mowing, fence repair, etc. and involve the contractor agreeing to be on call for work orders.  They have plan sets, but typically they include just a title sheet and some standard plan sheets for workzone traffic control.  If you strip out the JOC contracts, quite often there is very little left in each monthly letting.

I remember reading a while ago that MoDOT has a "nut" of $300 million each year to work with and has to focus on the most heavily traveled subset of the state highway system--I think the top 3000 miles?

--- End quote ---

I remember that. Is this what you were talking about? http://www.modot.org/toughchoicesahead/documents/ToughChoicesAheadfactsheet.pdf

Also, thanks for letting me know what JOC stands for. I'll take those out next time I put lettings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version