Regional Boards > Canada

Canada to reopen borders to nonessential travel- first to Americans

<< < (49/66) > >>

Bruce:
I entered Canada and Wednesday and got the full experience: 30 minutes of questioning, watching my car get torn apart for drugs (none found, of course), and then handed a COVID self-test kit because I was one of the unlucky travelers who would need to take an extra test. It took forever to find a FedEx in suburban Vancouver that would take the test for shipping, since it was a biohazard.

TXtoNJ:

--- Quote from: Bruce on September 20, 2021, 04:31:52 PM ---I entered Canada and Wednesday and got the full experience: 30 minutes of questioning, watching my car get torn apart for drugs (none found, of course), and then handed a COVID self-test kit because I was one of the unlucky travelers who would need to take an extra test. It took forever to find a FedEx in suburban Vancouver that would take the test for shipping, since it was a biohazard.

--- End quote ---

You're supposed to go through Purolator.

Alps:

--- Quote from: Rothman on September 20, 2021, 11:16:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: kalvado on September 20, 2021, 11:05:29 AM ---and the saga continues:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/09/20/us-land-border-restrictions-extended-through-oct-21-canada-mexico/8372075002/

--- End quote ---
Americans are such jerks.

--- End quote ---
No, we're trying to protect Canadians from our COVID-infested masses.

Bruce:

--- Quote from: TXtoNJ on September 20, 2021, 07:12:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bruce on September 20, 2021, 04:31:52 PM ---I entered Canada and Wednesday and got the full experience: 30 minutes of questioning, watching my car get torn apart for drugs (none found, of course), and then handed a COVID self-test kit because I was one of the unlucky travelers who would need to take an extra test. It took forever to find a FedEx in suburban Vancouver that would take the test for shipping, since it was a biohazard.

--- End quote ---

You're supposed to go through Purolator.

--- End quote ---

The handout I got said to use a FedEx approved shipper but provided no information beyond that. Considering there's only one Purolator in all of Langley, BC, and it has limited hours, it would have been a bad move.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: Alps on September 20, 2021, 07:23:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on September 20, 2021, 11:16:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: kalvado on September 20, 2021, 11:05:29 AM ---and the saga continues:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/09/20/us-land-border-restrictions-extended-through-oct-21-canada-mexico/8372075002/

--- End quote ---
Americans are such jerks.

--- End quote ---
No, we're trying to protect Canadians from our COVID-infested masses.

--- End quote ---
Well-played.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version