Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Minnesota Notes

<< < (251/252) > >>

TheHighwayMan394:

--- Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on September 27, 2021, 04:51:56 PM ---Today was also planned to be the day that southbound I-35 is temporarily relocated onto what was its frontage road of Lower Michigan St in Duluth. I hope to get up there Wednesday for fall color viewing if I wake up early enough and check that out too.

--- End quote ---

I did get to drive it. It's interesting if you can drive it before the old highway is torn down because it gives a nice view of the underside of the old elevated highway. The speed limit is only 40 MPH through this zone.

TheHighwayMan394:
I noticed some of the temporary I-35W detour congestion measures such as restriping I-394 to be four lanes westbound from 94 to 100 and the auxiliary lane on westbound MN 62 from Valley View Road to northbound MN 100 are now gone. I didn't realize these were their purpose until they were removed.

DJ Particle:

--- Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 07, 2021, 01:04:17 PM ---I noticed some of the temporary I-35W detour congestion measures such as restriping I-394 to be four lanes westbound from 94 to 100 and the auxiliary lane on westbound MN 62 from Valley View Road to northbound MN 100 are now gone. I didn't realize these were their purpose until they were removed.

--- End quote ---

I can understand the 394 one....but the aux lane on MN-62's been needed long before the I-35W construction.

TheHighwayMan394:

--- Quote from: DJ Particle on October 07, 2021, 11:46:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 07, 2021, 01:04:17 PM ---I noticed some of the temporary I-35W detour congestion measures such as restriping I-394 to be four lanes westbound from 94 to 100 and the auxiliary lane on westbound MN 62 from Valley View Road to northbound MN 100 are now gone. I didn't realize these were their purpose until they were removed.

--- End quote ---

I can understand the 394 one....but the aux lane on MN-62's been needed long before the I-35W construction.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that one annoyed me too because those entry points at France and Valley View are hideous going westbound in the afternoon. That entire stretch from 100 to Penn Avenue badly needs to be rebuilt and updated.

DJ Particle:

--- Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 10, 2021, 11:52:39 PM ---Yeah, that one annoyed me too because those entry points at France and Valley View are hideous going westbound in the afternoon. That entire stretch from 100 to Penn Avenue badly needs to be rebuilt and updated.

--- End quote ---

Judging by the concrete laid back in 2011 near crosstown commons, looks like the long term plan is to triple-barrel the whole stretch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version