News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What song are you currently listening to now?

Started by CapeCodder, February 03, 2021, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Quote from: kphoger on November 13, 2023, 02:35:59 PM
No, no, I understood what the words meant.  I'm just trying to figure out why someone would be playing that song on a carillon.
They did "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" earlier.

Couple of weeks ago, they did the theme song from "Alfie."

I think they may have played the Addams Family theme for Halloween...

As an aside, I have a standing invitation to play the carrilon at Indiana University sometime...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

Quote from: Rothman on November 13, 2023, 02:41:16 PM
As an aside, I have a standing invitation to play the carrilon at Indiana University sometime...

Have you played one before?  I have, and it's definitely a fun experience!  My parents' church was celebrating a milestone anniversary, and they invited me to play that day.  I arranged probably two dozen hymns for that day's performance, which was more difficult than it sounds because it has both a limited range and also no "black key" levers except B♭ and F♯.  It's a definitely a different thing, knowing that the entire neighborhood can hear any mistakes you might make...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Rothman

Quote from: kphoger on November 13, 2023, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: Rothman on November 13, 2023, 02:41:16 PM

Have you played one before?  I have, and it's definitely a fun experience!  My parents' church was celebrating a milestone anniversary, and they invited me to play that day.  I arranged probably two dozen hymns for that day's performance, which was more difficult than it sounds because it has both a limited range and also no "black key" levers except B♭ and F♯.  It's a definitely a different thing, knowing that the entire neighborhood can hear any mistakes you might make...
Nope.  The IU carrilon is new (I miss the old one).  Wonder if it has a broader range.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Stephane Dumas

Some "one-hit wonders".
Toad The Wet Sprocket -Walk On The Ocean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12bM1CqHoBY

Al Stewart -Year of the cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak_MTXQALa0

Chris De Burgh -Lady in red
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Jcs45GhxU

New Musik -Straight lines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ysr0A14o24

Peter Schilling -Major Tom(Coming home)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0A0XcWy88

Patrick Hernandez -Born to be alive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UaJAnnipkY

kphoger

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on November 13, 2023, 08:30:21 PM
Some "one-hit wonders".
Toad The Wet Sprocket -Walk On The Ocean

I don't consider that band to be a one-hit wonder.  Is it common to think of them in that way?
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Big John

^^And Al Stewart is not a one-hit wonder.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Big John on November 14, 2023, 10:45:28 AM
^^And Al Stewart is not a one-hit wonder.

I know he got a second hit with "Time passages" but the radio stations in my neck of wood mainly play "Year of the cat" hence why I think he was a one-hit wonder.

index

Been listening to a whole lot of Jelly Roll lately. Found about him through a radio station playing at a convenience store in Abingdon a few weeks ago.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

cockroachking

Yes - No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Needed:

kphoger

Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina:  Missa sine nomine (1567), as performed by a Hungarian high school girls' choir
Male pronouns, please.

freebrickproductions

Don't usually actively listen to music (and, when I am, I ain't often browsing this forum), but songs do get stuck in my head pretty much always. Recently it's been ALR3ADY D3AD and Spare Me! by PrinceWhateverer.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

7/8

Big John

cockroachking

Delain - April Rain:

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kurumi

Gesu no Kiwami Otome: Parallel Speck

Funky shred that shifts gear into and out of a chorus with one of the top 5 JPop chord progressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apr2JCdpTbQ
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

kphoger

Today, I'm working through full albums by U2, on YouTube, in order by release date.  I'm currently on "Desire", from Rattle and Hum.
Male pronouns, please.

dlsterner

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 25, 2024, 08:28:07 AM
The only person I've ever heard pronounce "H" as "haitch" is Peter Noone, the lead singer of Herman's Hermits, in the song "I'm Henry VIII, I Am," when he spells out "Henry" late in the song—at the very end, he sings it like "haitch, e, n, ah, y—'Enery ('Enery!), 'Enery ('Enery!)—'Enery the eighth I am, I am, 'Enery the eighth I am." (You can thank me later for getting that song stuck in your heads all day.)

Courtesy of 1995hoo, "I'm Henry VIII, I Am" is playing on auto-repeat inside my head.

Rothman

Quote from: dlsterner on January 26, 2024, 12:21:40 AM
The only person I've ever heard pronounce "H" as "haitch" is Peter Noone, the lead singer of Herman's Hermits, in the song "I'm Henry VIII, I Am," when he spells out "Henry" late in the song—at the very end, he sings it like "haitch, e, n, ah, y—'Enery ('Enery!), 'Enery ('Enery!)—'Enery the eighth I am, I am, 'Enery the eighth I am." (You can thank me later for getting that song stuck in your heads all day.)

Courtesy of 1995hoo, "I'm Henry VIII, I Am" is playing on auto-repeat inside my head.
Better or worse than "Mrs. Brown, You Have a Lovely Daughter"?

dlsterner

Quote from: Rothman on January 26, 2024, 08:17:38 AM

Courtesy of Rothman, "Mrs. Brown, You Have a Lovely Daughter" is playing on auto-repeat inside my head.
What's Next?  "There's A Kind of Hush"?

tmoore952

Quote from: dlsterner on January 26, 2024, 11:58:15 PM

Courtesy of Rothman, "Mrs. Brown, You Have a Lovely Daughter" is playing on auto-repeat inside my head.
I've always liked their cover of "Wonderful World".

cockroachking

Quote from: tmoore952 on January 27, 2024, 11:41:16 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on January 25, 2024, 08:28:07 AMThe only person I've ever heard pronounce "H" as "haitch" is Peter Noone, the lead singer of Herman's Hermits, in the song "I'm Henry VIII, I Am," when he spells out "Henry" late in the song—at the very end, he sings it like "haitch, e, n, ah, y—'Enery ('Enery!), 'Enery ('Enery!)—'Enery the eighth I am, I am, 'Enery the eighth I am." (You can thank me later for getting that song stuck in your heads all day.)

Courtesy of tmoore952, that reminded me of a completely unrelated Wonderful World...

Jadis - Wonderful World:

Hobart

The Billy Murray cover of Where did Robinson Crusoe Go a recent earworm. I don't know why I listen to stuff as old as this.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Road Hog

Quote from: cockroachking on January 27, 2024, 11:25:20 PM
Quote from: tmoore952 on January 27, 2024, 11:41:16 AM

Courtesy of tmoore952, that reminded me of a completely unrelated Wonderful World...

Jadis - Wonderful World:

I had to proceed to the end of the thread to submit "No Milk Today," perhaps a typical track by HH but my favorite of theirs.

Joseph R P

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.