AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

on: July 04, 2022, 02:16:15 PM 
Started by MCRoads - Last post by dlsterner
Here is my entry to guess.  Itís a GSV image where I have blotted out a few parts that would make it too easy.

Have fun!

iPhone

on: July 04, 2022, 02:08:40 PM 
Started by KCRoadFan - Last post by 7/8
Ontario: Matching numbers in bold.

MB/ON:
MB TCH 1 / ON 17

MN/ON:
MN 72 / ON 11 (though MN 11 is very close to the border crossing)
US 53&71 / ON 71
MN 61 / ON 61

MI/ON:
I-69&94 / ON 402
Connection to I-75 / ON 3

NY/ON:
NY 384 / ON 420
I-190 / ON 405
I-81 / ON 137
NY 812 / ON 16

QC/ON:
A-20 / ON 401
A-40 / ON 417
Connection to QC 344 / ON 34
QC 148 / ON 148
QC 101 / ON 63
Connection to QC 101 / ON 65
QC 117 / ON 66
QC 388 / ON 101

on: July 04, 2022, 01:45:18 PM 
Started by Ian - Last post by Jim
Pfft.  TM doesn't allow you to keep track of things chronologically.  I've got separate files with my travel routes.  Like I said, I don't care about clinching anything except for Interstates and counties.

What's your granularity for chronological tracking?  Something like first and most recent travels?  By entire route?  By segments?

I've maintained my tracking that started pre-CHM and pre-TM for a few systems of interest with my highway photo pages (usai, usaus, usany, and usama, to use TM system names) where for each route I denote my year of first travels, the year I clinched the route, and the year of my most recent travels.  I don't track the year info for individual segments, just the entire route.

on: July 04, 2022, 01:39:30 PM 
Started by JayhawkCO - Last post by dlsterner
I was amused to note that myself and oscar are the only ones to have been to Pinawa, MB - now that's truly the middle of nowhere!

Well oscar and I are the only ones to visit Chapleau, ON, so that's another contender! But the real lesson is that oscar has been everywhere. :sombrero:

And oscar is likely working on being everywhere for the second time around :)

on: July 04, 2022, 01:29:33 PM 
Started by JayhawkCO - Last post by 7/8
I was amused to note that myself and oscar are the only ones to have been to Pinawa, MB - now that's truly the middle of nowhere!

Well oscar and I are the only ones to visit Chapleau, ON, so that's another contender! But the real lesson is that oscar has been everywhere. :sombrero:

on: July 04, 2022, 01:29:04 PM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by wanderer2575
"Featuring," "starring," "introducing," etc. are worked out between the production and the actor's agent.  Of course, the bigger a draw the producers think an actor is, the better the chances the actor gets the unique billing he/she wants.

Sometimes the headline star actually goes to bat for the others.  A notable example is with Gilligan's Island, where Russel Johnson and Dawn Wells were originally omitted from the opening title sequence.  Bob Denver eventually threatened to demand that his name be moved to the end of the credits unless the opening title was revised.  It was, to include "the Professor and Mary Ann."

A tricky situation is when two starts want equal billing.  One way of doing this is putting the names side-by-side but with the name on the right higher on the screen, so there's an equal chance of the viewer seeing either name first.  This was done for Steve McQueen and Paul Newman in The Towering Inferno, and for Ted Danson and Shelley Long on Cheers (Kirstie Alley wasn't lucky enough to get the same treatment when she replaced Shelley Long).

on: July 04, 2022, 01:11:09 PM 
Started by JayhawkCO - Last post by webny99

on: July 04, 2022, 01:10:26 PM 
Started by Anthony_JK - Last post by Bobby5280
I think a good case can be made for upgrading the general TX-73 corridor from Winnie to Orange to Interstate quality limited access. But I don't think it's an important enough corridor to justify a I-10N/I-10S split. At best it could be another I-210 (a short drive from the one in Lake Charles). Even still, TX DOT doesn't seem to like applying Interstate shields to state highway corridors upgraded to Interstate quality.

TX-73 from Winnie to Port Arthur looks like it will eventually be upgraded to Interstate quality. An Interstate quality route from Port Arthur up to Orange would have to be built mostly on a new terrain path.

on: July 04, 2022, 01:09:42 PM 
Started by JayhawkCO - Last post by 7/8
I think this is all of them. It appears several of my "only me" clinches in Ontario have been taken away by other users gaining ground. :)

Only me:
ON 6 (Main only) - still missing some of the Manitoulin Island segment, so this is the only questionable one.
ON 7
ON 12
QC 245
Honourable mentions -> Iceland 261, which I've travelled 69.58%
                               -> QC 317, which I've travelled 88.28%
                               -> QC 321, which I've travelled 13.95%
                               -> QC 325, which I've travelled 1.78%

Me and one other user:
MB 45
ON 7A
ON 8
ON 10
ON 94
ON 124
ON 129
QC 215
TCH 1A (Portage la Prairie, MB)
Honourable mention -> MB 357, which I've travelled 18.84%

Me and two other users:
Iceland 359
ON 15
ON 19
ON 23
ON 24
ON 35
ON 37
ON 48
ON 89
ON 93
ON 118
ON 141
ON 144
Honourable mentions -> MB 262, which I've travelled 38.72%
                                  -> QC 315, which I've travelled 15.80%
                                  -> QC 338, which I've travelled 5.49%

on: July 04, 2022, 01:04:06 PM 
Started by Ian - Last post by webny99
Heading down to North Dakota, I am presumably the sole traveler on portions of ND 17 and ND 32; I've been to both Edinburg and Park River, and have those segments of their respective routes logged even though I don't remember with 100% certainty the exact routing I took.

I'm originally from that part of ND (my mom grew up in Edinburg), so it doesn't surprise me not a lot of people on TM would make it up that far. It's not quite the middle of nowhere, but pretty darn close.

Hey, cheers. I didn't grow up in ND, but my mom's family was from that area so I spent many summers there as a kid.

I actually think most people would consider it the middle of nowhere once you get west of I-29. There's really nothing but flat farmland and the occasional small town (often with <1000 people) - a completely different world from any big city to say the least!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.