AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

on: Today at 04:39:46 PM 
Started by M3100 - Last post by Rothman
A US-2 freeway would be an absolute waste of money.

But don't forget, it's already being planned.

I have an I-98 planned along the upper peninsula of Michigan
Say his name three times and he'll appear.

on: Today at 04:39:08 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by kphoger
I've lately just been answering and then not talking, so they just hear me typing away (as this is usually during work hours). Most of the time they don't hang up for about 30 seconds or so, so I'd like to think I'm saving one other human a call.

Same here.  If I have music playing on the PC speakers, then I set the phone near them.

on: Today at 04:38:42 PM 
Started by kenarmy - Last post by 1
Boarding at North Station in Boston.

If you do so on the first floor, you're getting on a train.
If you do so on the second floor (TD Garden), you're getting a 2-minute penalty.

on: Today at 04:36:01 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by JayhawkCO
This is why, when we remodeled our kitchen, I wanted a single basin sink. It's much easier to have two little piles of things in the sink and still have accessibility to the faucet without a barrier 50% of the way across the sink space.

on: Today at 04:35:35 PM 
Started by BigOkie - Last post by DJStephens
I-40/I-44 is a substandard interchange with left exits and Tulsa's is the same thing.
Not this https://maps.app.goo.gl/rGwpn9b1gtS3QZrM8?g_st=ic  that’s a joke

Very similar to the original "big I" in downtown Albuquerque.  Left exits, weaving, etc .  Worked in 1967 when new, but not in the nineties.   They, meaning ODOT, did spend a significant amount on this "glorified cloverleaf", meaning the bridging, they spent a significant fraction of having done it right, meaning two flyovers.  Not a full stack, but two flyovers.  44 EB to 169N, and 44WB to 169S.  That's where the demand is. Part of a national trend of design regression.     

on: Today at 04:34:30 PM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by Brandon
Lahser Road in Metro Detroit.  Many not from there will mispronounce the street name as "Lasher". https://maps.app.goo.gl/LLieXZBq9ymrV92N7

on: Today at 04:31:17 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by JayhawkCO
I've lately just been answering and then not talking, so they just hear me typing away (as this is usually during work hours). Most of the time they don't hang up for about 30 seconds or so, so I'd like to think I'm saving one other human a call.

on: Today at 04:22:14 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by 1995hoo
This is probably a controversial one, and I know I'm probably in the minority.

It bothers me when people pile their dirty dishes in the sink instead of putting them on the counter.  If you're not going to wash your own dish, then don't make me have to navigate around it to wash mine.  And, if I'm about to wash all the dishes, then I don't want to have to take them all out before filling the sink.

Somewhat related, my wife likes to bake, and she has a Kitchen-Aid stand mixer with a fairly large bowl (not the largest size one with the two arms to support the bowl, the size below that). She will often put the various spatulas and stuff in the bowl, fill it with water, and leave it to soak. All of which would be fine if she would push it the heck out of the way to the other side of the sink so that the faucet remains accessible for other purposes, but often there will be something else over there that I then have to move in order to move the large mixing bowl out of the way.

When I was in college, my roommates used to leave stuff in the sink (we didn't have a dishwasher). I never did, primarily under the theory that if I always cleaned my dishes immediately, nobody could claim it was my turn to clean the pile of stuff in the sink.

on: Today at 04:16:36 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by J N Winkler
This is probably a controversial one, and I know I'm probably in the minority.

I'm with you.  Yes, this is super-controversial, and yes, we are in the minority.

It bothers me when people pile their dirty dishes in the sink instead of putting them on the counter.  If you're not going to wash your own dish, then don't make me have to navigate around it to wash mine.  And, if I'm about to wash all the dishes, then I don't want to have to take them all out before filling the sink.

I like to keep the taps unblocked and free for others to use, not least because the need for running water and a drain can be urgent--e.g., to wash off soil, blood, or feces.  So when I need something to soak, I typically just put in a few drops of dish soap, fill it with hot water, and set it aside on the counter.

There is a school of opinion (often evident in memes) to the effect that you are slovenly if you don't put a dirty dish in the dishwasher just as soon as you're finished with it.  I never do:  instead, I put it on the counter next to the sink, which I use as a staging area so I can load the dishwasher in a single operation.

on: Today at 04:11:10 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by epzik8
Either hang up or don't even answer.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.