News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2013 NASCAR Fantasy League

Started by Alex, January 29, 2013, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Is anyone interested in participating in a NASCAR fantasy league? Was thinking of setting up a group for the upcoming season. There would be three of us to start and anyone on the forum is welcome to join.

Alps

The day they go clockwise is the day I'll join.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on January 30, 2013, 07:10:48 PM
^ So you'll join at Sonoma then.
I see nothing on that page saying Clockwise

CNGL-Leudimin

I'll join the day they move out of all those boring tracks.

No, I join now. But first I have to find the schedule.

Quote from: Takumi on January 30, 2013, 07:10:48 PM
^ So you'll join at Sonoma then.

FTFY, and for all who don't use smartphones (Interesting, Firefox opened the mobile version anyways)
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

CNGL-Leudimin

No one? NASCAR is due to launch next week. Maybe if the rules were explained... I have a big issue, though, and it's time. I'm six hours ahead of Eastern time for most of the year (Except 4-5 weeks, during all the lenght of March and around Halloween), so some races will be in the middle of the night for me, like this post for yours, which is made at 5:15 a.m. ET (11:15 a.m. CET, Central European Time)
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

mefailenglish

Are you doing this on nascar.com or yahoo or some other site?

FLRoads

Quote from: mefailenglish on February 09, 2013, 10:10:50 AM
Are you doing this on nascar.com or yahoo or some other site?

We are actually doing this on ESPN (ESPN Stock Car Challenge). Click on this link to go to the website.

The rules are pretty simple. First, make sure you have created an ESPN account (if you don't already have one). It's easy and free to join. All you need to do is provide an email address, name, and date of birth. You will also have to come up with a user name and create a password.

Once the form is complete, click finish. It should return you to the ESPN Stock Car Challenge home page and you should see your user name display under the Game Home tab.

Next, click on the Get Started button on the link provided above. Create an Entry Name (this will be your display name for your driver selections each week and can be anything you want), then click the Create Your Entry >> button.

Now you will select five drivers (who's total cost equals 100.0 points or less) from the roster below. There are a total of 69 drivers to choose from, and drivers can be switched out each week as long as your total salary is 100.0 or less. Once you select your drivers, click on the Save Roster button above your driver entries. You will be prompted to confirm your drivers. Click Save Roster (and check the "Do not ask me to confirm my roster again" if you so choose).

Next you will be asked to join a group. Click on the "Don't see your group you're looking for?" link under the Join a Group section. This will take you to the Create or Join Groups page. Under the All Groups section, type in AARoads and click the Search Groups button. The AARoads group link will appear under the search box. Click on the AARoads group link and it will take you to the AARoads group home page, showing current members. Since this is a private group, you will be required to enter in a password to become a member.

The password to enter is: 9887

Click the Join Group button. The page should refresh and you should see your display name (entry) and owner name under the Group Results list.

Those are the steps to joining the AARoads NASCAR fantasy team! If anybody has any issues with joining (those who wish to participate) please let me know I'll assist any way I can.

I can also send invites out to those who are interested. Just send a PM to me with the email address where you would like the invite to be sent.

And for the official breakdown on how to play the Stock Car Challenge, click here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some tidbits to remember for each week:

• Under the My Entry tab, you can see when the roster is locked prior to each race. This is usually one hour before the green flag drops, so make sure your driver entries are saved before this time.

• Always make sure your driver is racing each week. With part-time drivers, the occasional suspension or two, or an unknown reason for missing a race, you have the chance to lose points if you fail to double-check your drivers. A good site (besides nascar.com) to view the entry lists for each race is: Jayski's Silly Season Site.

• Remember that if you change out a driver early on and they do well, it will be harder to get them back on your roster later on in the segment. You might be required to make additional changes to get them back.

• There are three segments for the entire race season: Segment One (11 races) (Feb 24 Daytona 500 to May 11 Darlington), Segment Two (15 races) (May 26 Charlotte to Sept 7 Richmond), and Segment Three (10 races) (Sept 15 Chicago to Nov 17 Homestead).

• Races like the Budwiser Shoot-Out or the All-Star race are non-point races and are not part of the Stock Car Challenge.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

For CNGL - Leudimin: As long as you make your driver choices before the actual race day, you will be fine. I hope all this helps!

CNGL-Leudimin

OK, I entered now. I'm adjusting schedule to CET (CEST from March 31st to October 27th) and for me all races are in Sunday, even those scheduled on Saturday (They mostly start at 1:30 a.m. CET/CEST!)

on_wisconsin

I'm in as well, first time playing fantasy NASCAR, it should be...interesting.
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

FLRoads

Don't forget, for those who are playing in the fantasy league to have your driver picks locked in by 12pm Eastern!

Good luck!!

CNGL-Leudimin

After the first round @ Daytona FL, here are the standings.

1. 6018555 (flaroads), 145 points
2. jcm9572 (mefailenglish), 95 pts
3. Leudimin (Me :happy:), 92 pts
4. AAroads (Alex), 84 pts
5. on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 75 pts
6. jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 65 pts

Next round is Sunday @ Avondale AZ. I know your guys are going into savings time (Except, what a coincidence, Arizona!) that day, so the time gap I have with ET wil be reduced to only 5 hours... until Easter.

FLRoads

Actually, 6018555 would be me... :cool: I chose those numbers for my profile when I joined ESPN for last seasons Fantasy League. By the way, jlyben9174 is really Alex's better half!

I only did well because I had three of my drivers in the top ten (Johnson, D. Patrick, and Bowyer). I also had Harvick but he was out in that first wreck, and Gordon finished 19th.

Speaking of which, what are your thoughts on these new Gen 6 cars they are racing?? I personally think they need to go back to their previous cars (Car of Tomorrow) since they do not tear apart upon impact. I'm really not a fan of this new design. It's like the cars are made out of tin foil now...

CNGL-Leudimin

After the race @ Avondale AZ, here are the current standings. Still have to identify one of ours...

1. (1.) 6018555 (flaroads), 313 points (+168)
2. (3.) Leudimin (Me :happy:), 261 pts (+169) (Runner-up)
3. (5.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 241 pts (+166)
4. (2.) jcm9472 (mefailenglish), 237 pts (+142) (He should have scored one point more :sombrero:)
5. (4.) AARoads (Alex), 229 pts (+139)
6. (6.) jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 206 pts (+141)

After the fail we had last week @ Daytona FL (Only flaroads scored above 100 points), we all managed to get a 3 digit number of points, with three of us getting over 150 points. I had a less valued team than flaroads' one, yet I managed to get one point more :-P.

Next race is next Sunday 3:00 p.m. ET/8:00 p.mm. CET @ Las Vegas NV. I thought DST came into force yesterday, but it will do so on March 10th :banghead:. Here it wouldn't happen until March 31st.

Alex

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on March 04, 2013, 05:54:14 AM
After the race @ Avondale AZ, here are the current standings. Still have to identify one of ours...

1. (1.) 6018555 (flaroads), 313 points (+168)
2. (3.) Leudimin (Me :happy:), 261 pts (+169) (Runner-up)
3. (5.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 241 pts (+166)
4. (2.) jcm9472 (mefailenglish), 237 pts (+142) (He should have scored one point more :sombrero:)
5. (4.) AARoads (Steve?), 229 pts (+139)
6. (6.) jlyben9174 (Alex), 206 pts (+141)

After the fail we had last week @ Daytona FL (Only flaroads scored above 100 points), we all managed to get a 3 digit number of points, with three of us getting over 150 points. I had a less valued team than flaroads' one, yet I managed to get one point more :-P.

Next race is next Sunday 3:00 p.m. ET/8:00 p.mm. CET @ Las Vegas NV. I thought DST came into force yesterday, but it will do so on March 10th :banghead:. Here it wouldn't happen until March 31st.

I am AARoads, jlyben9174 is my wife. As you saw, we both bombed out pretty badly this race. After the miserable finish my drivers had at Daytona, I had to pick on a whim for the Phoenix race and while I had no DNF's, I had two drivers finish well outside the top 20.

Have to give it to Denny Hamlin for making that last second run to overtake Brad K and nearly Jimmie Johnson. Overall it was kind of a flat race, with Carl Edwards in cruise control for 50+ laps at the end. At least Mark Martin was able to do that during the first third of the face. Got to hand it to the old man!  :happy:

CNGL-Leudimin

OK, I've corrected the stats and now all are identified. At first I believed correctly that you were AARoads, but flaroads confused me. Now it's all in order.

FLRoads

Sorry if I had confused you in my earlier post(s) about who was who, CNGL-Leudimin. It was not my intention.

Qualifying was rained out today for the first time in this tracks history, so I am thinking it might be a little interesting seeing who stays out or near the front on Sunday. And I have to wonder how Hamlin is going to do after all the attention he has gotten the past couple of days over his remarks about the new stock cars. I've been waiting for a driver to speak up, but I admit I wasn't anticipating it happening this soon in the season. Glad to see he is sticking to his guns though. I have a feeling more drivers would like to speak up about these Gen-6 cars, but do not want to for fear of retribution from NASCAR. 

Anyway, good luck to everyone on Sunday!

CNGL-Leudimin

The race @ Las Vegas NV is over, so here are the standings.

1. (1.) 6018555 (flaroads), 445 points (+132)
2. (2.) Leudimin (Me :happy:), 415 pts (+154)
3. (6.) jlyben9174 (Alex's wife), 385 pts (+179) (Runner-up)
4. (3.) on_wisconsin33 (on_wisconsin), 384 pts (+143)
5. (4.) jcm9572 (mefailenglish), 377 pts (+140)
6. (5.) AAroads (Alex), 369 pts (+146)

Good choice that of Alex's wife, she has got two racers on the podium! And I suggest to on_wisconsin to drop AJ Allmendinger from his roster, as the latter has not run today and therefore he has lost around 25-30 points. As for me, beware flaroads, I'm approaching you :sombrero:.

Next Sunday NASCAR moves to Bristol TN. Race will start at 1 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CET.

Alex

I had to reshuffle my roster for this race, and I did better, but am not happy with my basement standing after three races.  :-/ Thunder Valley should prove to be fun next week!

route56

Okay, even though everyone else has a 3 game head start, I'm in ('kshighways')
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

CNGL-Leudimin

You are welcome.

Since you have entered after the season has started, I assign to you the lowest score so far (369 points) to get in line with ours.

FLRoads

QuoteAs for me, beware flaroads, I'm approaching you :sombrero:.

Oh I know! Well, if Bowyer hadn't fallen back so far at the beginning of the race I would have done better. I, too, will have to make a change to my roster as one of my usual drivers will not be racing at Bristol. I am hoping that this Sunday will be more exciting than these last two Sundays.

@ route56, welcome to the fantasy league! And don't worry about being three races behind, there is still plenty of racing left to catch up!

CNGL-Leudimin

What a fail! Mark Martin isn't running today :banghead:. First my favourite handball* team loses and now this :ded:.

*I will explain more about this sport, unknown in the US.

FLRoads

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on March 17, 2013, 03:37:57 PM
What a fail! Mark Martin isn't running today :banghead:. First my favourite handball* team loses and now this :ded:.

*I will explain more about this sport, unknown in the US.

Yeah, Mark Martin is still running a part-time schedule this year, and gets to decide which races he will race and not race.

Alex

The points were readjusted and now Joe and I have tied! I thought Logano would have been the one to cause Hamlin some issues, but his tires did that for him...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.