News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmacswimmer

From a last-minute getaway to Asheville over the long 4th weekend:

MD/VA + VA/WV + WV/VA again: US 340
VA/TN: I-81
TN/NC: I-26
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

ethanhopkin14

Left Texas on 6/21 on I-40 crossing into New Mexico and returned to Texas on 7/5 on I-10 crossing from New Mexico. 

Dough4872

Went down the shore this week, left PA for NJ and returned to PA from NJ along I-676/US 30 on the Ben Franklin Bridge.

Rothman

NY/CT: I-95
CT/MA: I-84
MA/RI: I-295
RI/CT: RI 101/CT 101
CT/MA: I-395
MA/NY: I-90
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

GaryV

Ted$8roadFan

Left MA on Bellingham Street (off MA-126) into Woonsocket, RI. Returned to MA on I-95.

drebbin37

My most recent road trip was from CT to IN and back.

CT/MA: US7
MA/NY: MA71/NY71
NY/PA: NY426/PA426
PA/OH: US62
OH/KY: US62
KY/IN and IN/KY: I-64
KY/OH: I-471
OH/PA: I-80
PA/NY: I-84
NY/NJ and NJ/NY: CR15/NJ23 to get gas
NY/CT: I-84

When traveling to the west, I usually leave and re-enter CT in the opposite order for shunpiking purposes, but I bit the bullet and paid the Newburgh-Beacon toll this time.  I love coming home on the free 90 in Albany!

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: drebbin37 on July 11, 2023, 01:54:52 AM
My most recent road trip was from CT to IN and back.

CT/MA: US7
MA/NY: MA71/NY71
NY/PA: NY426/PA426
PA/OH: US62
OH/KY: US62
KY/IN and IN/KY: I-64
KY/OH: I-471
OH/PA: I-80
PA/NY: I-84
NY/NJ and NJ/NY: CR15/NJ23 to get gas
NY/CT: I-84

When traveling to the west, I usually leave and re-enter CT in the opposite order for shunpiking purposes, but I bit the bullet and paid the Newburgh-Beacon toll this time.  I love coming home on the free 90 in Albany!

Curious as to where in Indiana you went. I lived in Jeffersonville/New Albany for 11 years.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

drebbin37

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on July 11, 2023, 11:52:01 AM

Curious as to where in Indiana you went. I lived in Jeffersonville/New Albany for 11 years.

I went to play at Caesars for a couple days.  They offer me comp rooms, so it's a fun little getaway.  While there, I had to drive by James Best's old house (and the house next to James Best's, even though the sign is no longer there).  Southern Indiana is nice, but the weather gets a little too steamy sometimes for this New Englander.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: drebbin37 on July 11, 2023, 12:09:07 PM
Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on July 11, 2023, 11:52:01 AM

I went to play at Caesars for a couple days.  They offer me comp rooms, so it's a fun little getaway.  While there, I had to drive by James Best's old house (and the house next to James Best's, even though the sign is no longer there).  Southern Indiana is nice, but the weather gets a little too steamy sometimes for this New Englander.

Haven't been to the new one they built on land, but I spent many hours in the poker room of the old boat.

KelleyCook

Out of Michigan via I-94 into Indiana.
Back in via US-2 (twice!).

Took I-94 all the way to the end in Billings including a stop at the Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
Then 90 to Missoula when I jumped back on US-12 (which my office is on back in Michigan) to go down the specatuclar Louis and Clark trail through Idaho.
Then I-84 to Hood River where ended up staying in Government Camp OR for about 10 days.

On the return I-84 to I-82 which split off onto an obviously archaic freeway of US-395. Had to do a quick google search of why this thing existed in the middle of nowhere and the area turned out to be Hanford Enrichment site (wished i would have known ahead of time).  Anyhow we continued to I-90 and then through Spokane and Coeur D'Alane where we turned north to the nice town of Sandpoint.  At that point it was US-2 most of the way home which a slide through the absolutely terrifying Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park.  Followed by a very long time on US-2 until I was back in Michigan ... and then out for 12 miles and back in.

About 4850 miles round trip not including the time spent in Cascadia.

Good trip.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

Quote from: Rothman on July 12, 2023, 06:57:13 AM
Huh.  I didn't find Going-to-the-Sun terrifying.

Wait until KelleyCook finds out about US 550 in Colorado.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Bruce

Went there last month. The westernmost 10 miles are all gravel and giant potholes, so that was not a fun drive. The rest was pretty normal mountain road stuff (but with very narrow shoulders and lots of rocks within mirror-destroying distance).

Rothman

Quote from: Bruce on July 12, 2023, 06:40:40 PM

Went there last month. The westernmost 10 miles are all gravel and giant potholes, so that was not a fun drive. The rest was pretty normal mountain road stuff (but with very narrow shoulders and lots of rocks within mirror-destroying distance).
Heh.  I grew up on dirt roads.

KelleyCook

I'm certain I would have enjoyed it immensely if I had been driving, as I actually enjoy twisty roads.

But being a passenger on a road carved out of a cliff, my acrophobia kicked in a big way. I could hardly look out the window on the last segment before Logan's Pass; I fully understand it makes no logical sense.

What is really weird as a skiier in my late teens and early twenties I used to not think twice about soaring off decently sized cliffs.  Somewhere along life's path, that changed.  In my 50s, I still love skiing even speeding down the double-black steeps where there is actual danger ... and yet dread each chairlift ride.

hbelkins

Quote from: Bruce on July 12, 2023, 06:40:40 PM

Funny. I was there two years ago and the road was fully paved, and not in terrible shape.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

JKRhodes

Went to El Paso last weekend, leaving Arizona via US 70 and re-entering AZ on the same road.

Rothman

From today:

NY/MA: NY 344/Falls Road
MA/CT: East Street/Mount Washington Road (Mount Washington, MA/Salisbury, CT)
CT/MA: Mount Washington Road/East St (Salisbury, CT/Mount Washington, MA)
MA/CT/NY and Back: Mount Frissell Trail
MA/NY: Falls Road/NY 344

tigerwings

I left Ohio on N Detroit St in Toledo and reentered on Benore road, Was in MI for less than 30 seconds.

41.731168, -83.531004

Dough4872

Went to OCMD, left PA for DE and returned to PA from DE along I-95.

NWI_Irish96

Left for Michigan on I-94
Returned from Ohio on I-80/90

JMoses24

On my last chasing trip in June, I left on I-44 at midday one day, and returned at 4am the next day via I-35. (That's what happens when you end up very near Austin, Texas.)

sprjus4

TheRhodeGeek

To Canobie (in NH)
RI-MA: SR 24
MA-NH: I-93
Back:
NH-MA: I-93
MA-RI: SR 103 (it involved getting off the wrong exit on 24 and making a detour onto 79, US 6, and 103, and no, I wasn't the one driving, I don't have a license)
Limon and Breezewood should not be control cities!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.