CA 241 - Los Patrones Parkway

Started by MarkF, September 20, 2018, 08:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: theroadwayone on June 12, 2020, 07:58:47 PM
If there's anything we can learn from this episode, what is it?
fuck nimbys and anti car people? LOL!

theroadwayone

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on June 12, 2020, 08:05:05 PM
fuck nimbys and anti car people? LOL!
My thoughts exactly. F them all.

don1991

Quote from: kendancy66 on January 17, 2020, 08:27:04 PM
Quote from: theroadwayone on January 15, 2020, 01:59:31 AM
On an unrelated note, anyone notice on the 241, just north of Oso Parkway, how there's something that looks like provisions for a future interchange (one with a SB exit and NB entrance?)
There has been a small stub where Crown Valley ends at Antonio Pkwy for a long time.  That would be perpendicular to CA-241 toll road.  But that would be south of Oso Pkwy not north

Crown Valley was always supposed to extend eastward - at least to the future 241.  I read recently that this is no longer in the cards.  Developers no longer hold quite the sway that they used to in Orange County, though their influence is still considerably more than in most other parts of the state.

mrsman

The residents and environmentalists who oppose completion of CA-241 to I-5 have a choice:  Complete the tollway or face the brunt of traffic upon your local roads.  Given the expansion of employment in So OC and general growth into northern SC county and into the Inland Empire, there is a definite strong stream of traffic from southern I-5 to eastern 91.  I-5 gets very busy, so the further south we can make this connection will ease traffic on other routes that make this connection like 133 or 55.  given that traffic, pepole will be driving on these other roads to avoid I-5 traffic.

theroadwayone

Quote from: mrsman on June 14, 2020, 01:09:33 PM

The residents and environmentalists who oppose completion of CA-241 to I-5 have a choice:  Complete the tollway or face the brunt of traffic upon your local roads.  Given the expansion of employment in So OC and general growth into northern SC county and into the Inland Empire, there is a definite strong stream of traffic from southern I-5 to eastern 91.  I-5 gets very busy, so the further south we can make this connection will ease traffic on other routes that make this connection like 133 or 55.  given that traffic, pepole will be driving on these other roads to avoid I-5 traffic.

Oh, give 'em time. In a couple decades or so they'll be complaining about the traffic and why nothing was ever done, and then remind them that they opposed the solution a long time ago.

nexus73

If Camp Pendleton was ever closed, then it would be a good idea to build a very large parallel freeway inland several miles to I-5 between San Diego County and Orange County to handle the traffic volume. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

sparker

Quote from: nexus73 on June 14, 2020, 06:10:53 PM
If Camp Pendleton was ever closed, then it would be a good idea to build a very large parallel freeway inland several miles to I-5 between San Diego County and Orange County to handle the traffic volume. 

Rick

If Pendleton were to close, the rush by developers to grab up the land (after detoxing it and making sure live ammo is gone!) would make the Oklahoma Sooner rush look like a church picnic!  It's the last patch of undeveloped land on or near the coast from below Tijuana to above Goleta!  If that were to ever happen, a freeway to serve the uphill side of the area would be a near-certainty -- but whether a revisited 241 extension were to be part of those plans is uncertain; I would suspect that an east-west connector between I-5 and I-15 passing near Fallbrook would be a centerpiece of any development.  But I wouldn't hold my breath; Pendleton has some major political clout within both parties re its continued existence; it's not going away anytime soon. 

M3100

This thread is several months old, and here is an update:  in the Sunday 11/8/2020 Daily Breeze, the "Honk" Traffic column, written by Jim Radcliffe, he answered a question about this highway. 

Evidently the 'main lines' beneath the Oso Parkway bridge, connecting SR 241 and Los Patrones Parkway, will open in late November or early December 2020.  (The Oso Parkway bridge itself is also mentioned; it has a new sidewalk to improve safety for students walking to nearby Tesoro High School).

Anthony17

Quote from: skluth on September 24, 2018, 06:39:20 PM
Are there plans to build this further south from Cow Camp Road? It would be especially helpful if it connected at that end to I-5. This extension by itself seems a pretty big waste of money and the environment for little in return other than a few people avoid a couple miles of back roads.
I think it would be extended from Cow Camp Road onto CA-74 and into I-5, but it would have to avoid military bases like Camp Pendleton. Therefore, it would take 10-15 years before that would be completed.

Fixed quote. –Roadfro

Occidental Tourist

Quote from: Anthony17 on December 28, 2021, 06:19:20 PM
Quote from: skluth on September 24, 2018, 06:39:20 PM
Are there plans to build this further south from Cow Camp Road? It would be especially helpful if it connected at that end to I-5. This extension by itself seems a pretty big waste of money and the environment for little in return other than a few people avoid a couple miles of back roads.
I think it would be extended from Cow Camp Road onto CA-74 and into I-5, but it would have to avoid military bases like Camp Pendleton. Therefore, it would take 10-15 years before that would be completed.

Fixed quote. –Roadfro

It won't.  It's dead through San Clemente.

Max Rockatansky

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.