AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Poll

Since Iíve Decided to Postpone this Meet, when Should it be Held?

- 4 (23.5%)
- 1 (5.9%)
Never
- 12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Jacksonville Road Meet-February 26, 2022  (Read 12899 times)

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 12:18:19 AM
    • Alps' Roads
Re: Jacksonville Road Meet-February 23rd 2019
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2018, 02:28:03 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but flying to a road meet kind of seems like halfway missing the point.
Not at all. I'd rather spend my time at a new location than driving out and back on roads I know.

Take a different route. (see how easy that is?) :)
Okay, how do you propose I attend the Seattle tunnel opening without taking a week off from work that I can spend in, say, Argentina?

kevinb1994

• Last Login: Today at 12:07:10 AM
Re: Jacksonville Road Meet-February 26, 2022
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2018, 10:32:07 PM »

Just an FYI that lunch is now scheduled to be held at the Blue Boy Sandwich Shop on SR 117-Norwood Avenue due to its proximity to I-95. Dinner will now be scheduled to be held at the former lunch location (the original Bonoís Pit Bar-B-Q location on US 90-Beach Boulevard).

Also an FYI that the meet group photo site has been moved to the Jacksonville Landing in honor of the mass shooting that took place there earlier this year. Current plans call for the facility to be torn down and replaced with a riverfront-waterfront park, a much-needed addition to a downtown that doesnít really have much park space, if at all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:40:39 AM by kevinb1994 »

kevinb1994

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 05:46:31 PM »

Happy belated new year everybody! Need to do some editing on the itinerary and some road scouting before the meet. Hope to see some of yíall down here in late February 2022.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:40:52 AM by kevinb1994 »

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: October 27, 2021, 11:27:26 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:04 PM »

So weíre almost about a month away from this meet, but thereís just one confirmed attendee so far (other than me, being the host, of course ;)), and this has been of concern for me and my dad, whoís been sort of trying to help out as this is the first meet iíve tried to arrange. I will give a little more time (one more week, on the 23rd), until I should decide whether or not to call this meet off for now (until next year, maybe) and replace it with a different meet I have in the pipeline.

I probably won't know until a week or two before. Leaning towards Yes, but have to see how the finances fall.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: October 27, 2021, 08:32:09 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43:42 PM »

So weíre almost about a month away from this meet, but thereís just one confirmed attendee so far (other than me, being the host, of course ;)), and this has been of concern for me and my dad, whoís been sort of trying to help out as this is the first meet iíve tried to arrange. I will give a little more time (one more week, on the 23rd), until I should decide whether or not to call this meet off for now (until next year, maybe) and replace it with a different meet I have in the pipeline.

The first meet I ever attended had only three participants. The last meet I hosted only had five people, including me.

As for me, I'd love to be able to come. It would give me the chance to pick up new counties in Georgia and possibly clinch I-75 there (we took I-475 on a family trip when I was a kid), but finances, leave time issues, and vehicle worries all preclude my being able to come. Maybe some of the Florida or southeastern US contingent will commit in the next little bit.

I identify as vaccinated.

kevinb1994

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2019, 08:03:58 PM »

I probably won't know until a week or two before. Leaning towards Yes, but have to see how the finances fall.

Yeah I saw your comment/reply post on the FB event page for this meet. Keep me and my dad posted.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:41:03 AM by kevinb1994 »

kevinb1994

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2019, 08:08:01 PM »

The first meet I ever attended had only three participants. The last meet I hosted only had five people, including me.

As for me, I'd love to be able to come. It would give me the chance to pick up new counties in Georgia and possibly clinch I-75 there (we took I-475 on a family trip when I was a kid), but finances, leave time issues, and vehicle worries all preclude my being able to come. Maybe some of the Florida or southeastern US contingent will commit in the next little bit.

Thatís pretty much what Gene V. (who just said within the past day or two that heís officially gotten the time to attend my meet next month) said in his comment/reply post on the FB event page for this meet.

I got jwolfer interested in my meet, tried inviting him and event sent him a friend request on FB but havenít heard back from him on whether or not heíll be there. Someone who was previously interested forgot about my meet until it was too late to take off time for my meet, so heís no longer able to attend my meet.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:41:13 AM by kevinb1994 »

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: October 27, 2021, 11:27:26 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2019, 08:43:48 PM »

Thatís pretty much what Gene V. (who just said within the past day or two that heís officially gotten the time to attend my meet next month) said in his comment/reply post on the FB event page for this meet.

I got jwolfer interested in my meet, tried inviting him and event sent him a friend request on FB but havenít heard back from him on whether or not heíll be there. Someone who was previously interested forgot about my meet until it was too late to take off time for my meet, so heís no longer able to attend my meet.

Gene only had 3 people at his meet the first day (me, him, "Alternate 71") and just two the second day. The timing just didn't work for a lot of people.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kevinb1994

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2019, 09:06:25 PM »

Gene only had 3 people at his meet the first day (me, him, "Alternate 71") and just two the second day. The timing just didn't work for a lot of people.

I read his comment/reply post on the FB event page about that (his meet having only 3 people on the first day, and just two on the second day).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:41:25 AM by kevinb1994 »

jpi

• Location: Lebanon, TN Home of the Barrel originally from York, PA
  • Last Login: October 24, 2021, 11:18:34 AM
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2019, 09:01:31 AM »

Sorry guys I am out, if this is falling on 2/23 I will be Dayton, OH for a toy show, hope you all have fun  :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: October 27, 2021, 08:32:09 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2019, 11:26:31 AM »

A further thought: Since this is your first meet to host, perhaps a smaller one would be better for learning purposes.

I identify as vaccinated.

kevinb1994

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:43 PM »

Sorry guys I am out, if this is falling on 2/23 I will be Dayton, OH for a toy show, hope you all have fun  :nod:

Itís ok, thanks, good luck with the toy show (and have fun at the toy show), me and my dad may be able to attend your in-proposal Memphis Road Meet this spring, depending on our finances.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:41:36 AM by kevinb1994 »

kevinb1994

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2019, 12:32:47 PM »

A further thought: Since this is your first meet to host, perhaps a smaller one would be better for learning purposes.

Yeah thatís not a bad thing to think about/consider.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:41:45 AM by kevinb1994 »

kevinb1994

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2019, 12:08:45 AM »

We are now five days away from the road meet, I am about to wrap up the iteniary, and of course the route scouting needs to be done as well to make sure we have a proper final route for the road meet. Hoping for some fair weather for the road meet.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:41:57 AM by kevinb1994 »

kevinb1994

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »

I know weíre now less than a week away from the meet now, but unfortunately the weather forecast looks less than favorable now. Gonna postpone the meet until later this year instead of canceling it outright.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:42:08 AM by kevinb1994 »

kevinb1994

« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2019, 02:47:11 PM »

Iíve decided to post a new poll for this meet; so far the results show a huge lead for early 2022 and that is what Iíll go with.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:42:19 AM by kevinb1994 »

codyg1985

• Last Login: October 27, 2021, 05:09:19 PM
Re: Jacksonville Road Meet-Date TBD
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2019, 02:54:16 PM »

I have hosted a road meet in very rainy conditions before. It is not ideal but it is doable.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

kevinb1994

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »

I have hosted a road meet in very rainy conditions before. It is not ideal but it is doable.

Yeah but since I have no prior meet hosting exprerience I donít have anything to base it off of.

Plus my dad had a recent work-related accident and heís better now but still recovering from it. Also, my mom and sister just came back from a trip to Taiwan and Korea via Houstonís George Bush Intercontinental Airport which is where they met up and later split up on the way to and from EWR and JAX.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:42:30 AM by kevinb1994 »

Brandon

• Mr. Accelerator is our friend; Mr. Brake is not.

• Last Login: October 27, 2021, 09:41:29 PM
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2019, 04:04:33 PM »

Yeah, I was part of one in very wet conditions, Port Huron 2012.  I think we sheltered under a porch canopy while looking at the Blue Water Bridges.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

Illinois: America's own banana republic.

I identify as a vaccinated attack helicopter.

kevinb1994

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2019, 04:12:12 PM »

Yeah, I was part of one in very wet conditions, Port Huron 2012.  I think we sheltered under a porch canopy while looking at the Blue Water Bridges.

Port Huron, that sounds familiar...although I was still in grade school at the time and wouldnít make it to any meet that year outside of the Northeast (202 Parkway Meet).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:42:40 AM by kevinb1994 »

Brandon

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2019, 04:54:20 PM »

Port Huron, that sounds familiar...although I was still in grade school at the time and wouldnít make it to any meet that year outside of the Northeast (202 Parkway Meet).

Grade school?  Your age shows up as 24.  You'd have been 18 and a senior in high school, maybe just after graduation, I would think.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

kevinb1994

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2019, 05:09:33 PM »

Grade school?  Your age shows up as 24.  You'd have been 18 and a senior in high school, maybe just after graduation, I would think.

Well, it would depend on when in 2012 the Port Huron Meet was held, but the 202 Parkway Meet wasn't held until late 2012 (December), and I had turned 18 a couple months or so prior (October 11th) during my senior year of high school (Class of Ď13, but I didnít get my real diploma until the 2015-2016 school year was over due to being in a post-secondary program with community college and job-related options). I was actually held back a year in the first grade due to reasons I donít really recall all that well, other than it not being a good fit overall at first.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:42:53 AM by kevinb1994 »

Brandon

« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2019, 05:12:21 PM »

Well it would depend on when in 2012 the Port Huron Meet was held, but the 202 Parkway Meet wasn't held until late 2012 (December) and I had turned 18 a couple months or so prior (October 11th) during my senior year of high school (Class of Ď13, but I didnít get my real diploma until the 2015-2016 school year was over due to being in a post-secondary program with community college and job-related options). I was actually held back a year in the first grade due to reasons I donít really recall all that well other than it not being a good fit overall at first.

OK.  Port Huron was early August 2012.

kevinb1994

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2019, 05:13:48 PM »

Well it would depend on when in 2012 the Port Huron Meet was held, but the 202 Parkway Meet wasn't held until late 2012 (December) and I had turned 18 a couple months or so prior (October 11th) during my senior year of high school (Class of Ď13, but I didnít get my real diploma until the 2015-2016 school year was over due to being in a post-secondary program with community college and job-related options). I was actually held back a year in the first grade due to reasons I donít really recall all that well other than it not being a good fit overall at first.

OK.  Port Huron was early August 2012.

Thatís what I was wondering about, I was pretty sure it was held earlier that year, perhaps in or close to the middle of the year. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:43:09 AM by kevinb1994 »

SSOWorld

• 'Sconsin

• Interstate <Make up your mind!>

• Last Login: October 27, 2021, 07:33:32 PM
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2019, 05:21:18 PM »

You have at least one potential attendee traveling to you now who will not be happy 🤬
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ssoworld-roads/

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.