News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

TX 121 south terminus?

Started by bugo, July 11, 2012, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/sh/sh0121.htm

Minute Order 109187, dated 02/27/2003; DesLtr 01-2003, dated 04/04/2003

From SH 78 north of Bonham, southward to its junction with US 82; then concurrent southwestward with US 82; then from another point on US 82, southwestward via Randolph and Trenton to its junction with US 75; then concurrent with US 75 southward via McKinney to its junction with SH 121 west of Fairview; then southwestward via The Colony, Lewisville, Grapevine, and Bedford; then southwestward via Coppell to Ft. Worth, then southwestward and southward to US 67 in the city of Cleburne, a distance of approximately 100 miles. (Fannin, Collin, Denton, Dallas, Tarrant, and Johnson Counties)  At District's request, SH 121 extended along a new location to US 67 in Cleburne.

Does 121 end in Cleburne?  I can't find it on any maps.  Did it replace TX 174?

NE2

It's an under-construction toll road.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

NE2

I did not know but I suspected that you did not know that.

Alex

Work on the new toll road (Southwest Parkway / Chisholm Trail) commenced in early 2010. Completion is touted for mid-2014.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=1270.msg127228#msg127228

austrini

It's going to end at US 67 on the northwest side of Cleburne, currently a super-2 but US 67 is being upgraded to a full freeway in anticipation. Not sure if there are ghost ramps or not. Also, i'm not sure if they'll sign it as SH 121 the whole way down. I sort of doubt it because it's likely going to be signed as the toll road name, and won't have frontage roads the entire route.
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

Road Hog

TX 121 between McKinney and Grapevine is actually the frontage roads of the Sam Rayburn Tollway, which is not numbered. South of where the tollway ends in Grapevine, the numbered highway rejoins the main lanes and continues (with multiplexes) to Fort Worth.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.