News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: kkt on December 31, 2022, 01:36:11 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 01:21:09 PM
Speaking of DVD sets, when I ordered the voyager set last year, they sent me DS9 by mistake. I immediately requested a switch, felt like suing for getting the worst series instead of the best one. Took another week for the correct set to come.

I hope is not considering suing for having to exchange and it taking another week.  For heaven's sake.  The justice system is a blunt instrument for serious inequities, not for having to wait a week for an entertainment item.

And if you really think Voyager is the best Star Trek series, well, I just feel sorry for you.

In Voyager, except for Janeway, the characters aren't all disgusting, immoral, unempathetic, tantrumy snobs.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 02:45:51 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 31, 2022, 01:22:52 PM
Speaking of DVD sets, when I ordered the voyager set last year, they sent me DS9 by mistake. I immediately requested a switch, felt like suing for getting the worst series instead of the best one. Took another week for the correct set to come.

Hyperbole or are you actually being serious?

Deep Space 9 was one of the worst science fiction shows ever created. The emotional distress of being trolled like that should be grounds for a lawsuit. How the hell do you get the two mixed up. They're literal opposites!

Okay, I guess that 29k was seriously being earmarked for lawyer's fees then.

kkt

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 03:21:54 PM
Why would I need a lawyer for that? It would be and open and shut case. Even if there technically wasn't law to support my position, I'd probably get jury nullification on this one because it's so obviously outrageous.

You really think that would be a jury trial?  I would have thought small claims, so your filing fees (that you would lose) wouldn't be so high.

And I don't think you understand how jury nullification works.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kkt on December 31, 2022, 03:42:58 PM
Why would I need a lawyer for that? It would be and open and shut case. Even if there technically wasn't law to support my position, I'd probably get jury nullification on this one because it's so obviously outrageous.

You really think that would be a jury trial?  I would have thought small claims, so your filing fees (that you would lose) wouldn't be so high.

For a civil lawsuit/small claim not to be immediately dismissed there would have to be no avenue for correcting the shipping mistake or a refusal to correct.  Given that mistake was remedied (I'm assuming free of charge) I guess that I'm not understanding what the problem actually even is?

Again I ask, is this hyperbole?  So far it's been pretty hard to tell if MMM is actually serious or really believes things like this.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 31, 2022, 04:06:07 PM

For a civil lawsuit/small claim not to be immediately dismissed there would have to be no avenue for correcting the shipping mistake or a refusal to correct.  Given that mistake was remedied (I'm assuming free of charge) I guess that I'm not understanding what the problem actually even is?

Again I ask, is this hyperbole?  So far it's been pretty hard to tell if MMM is actually serious or really believes things like this.

There really isn't anything that MMM says that I don't think he's exaggerating one way or another.

Evan_Th

Quote from: kkt on December 31, 2022, 01:13:17 PM
In the bonus features for the DS9 DVDs they give close-up pictures of some of them and talk about them.  They were never supposed to be seen clearly on the air, so a lot of them are in jokes.  Names of various show crew who usually don't get their names seen, favorite Hollywood hangouts, etc.

I especially like the long-lasting career of Admiral Gene Roddenberry.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 04:53:12 PM

Well in that case, even the judge, as pompous as they usually are, would likely award me some monetary compensation for the extended wait and the extreme emotional disappointment seeing the wrong series on the box after opening the package, after already waiting over a week for it initially. At least I have the satisfaction that the $70 drain on my bank account from buying the series, was compensated by $70 interest I received one month in it. But yes, it was exchanged free of charge.

How much did the filing fee cost ya?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 05:05:39 PM
For obviously outrageous and appalling cases like this, both filing fees and court surcharges would likely be waived. I mean, it would be pretty cruel to impose extra court costs on someone just trying to get compensated for a horrific injustice such as this. It's easy to not send someone the wrong star trek series. Not only was I not able to finish the series as early as I would like, but there were 5 days that I went to six flags, so I definitely could have used the few extra days had it been sent correctly.

You do know that courts can potentially actually order you to pay a fine for wasting their time?  Considering you dispute was remedied why do you expect a small claims or civil court to hear your case?  You were apparently made whole again by the shipper getting you the correct box set.  What mental and/or physical injuries did you suffer due to getting a DS9 box set?

I have to ask, is this why you broke your 23 day streak that you cited to other day?  I feel as though this is all somehow connected now given the irrational response to getting the wrong DVD set by mistake.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 31, 2022, 04:36:13 PM

There really isn't anything that MMM says that I don't think he's exaggerating one way or another.

Stands to reason.  I don't recall the last time (if ever) someone on forum told us they counted how many days they go between beating their meat. 

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 31, 2022, 05:14:13 PM

Stands to reason.  I don't recall the last time (if ever) someone on forum told us they counted how many days they go between beating their meat. 

If you gotta count in days, you're not doing it enough.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 31, 2022, 05:24:04 PM

Apparently the opposite tact is being taken, a 60 day goal was cited on the last page. 

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 02:46:43 PM
Quote from: kkt on December 31, 2022, 01:36:11 PM

I hope is not considering suing for having to exchange and it taking another week.  For heaven's sake.  The justice system is a blunt instrument for serious inequities, not for having to wait a week for an entertainment item.

And if you really think Voyager is the best Star Trek series, well, I just feel sorry for you.

In Voyager, except for Janeway, the characters aren't all disgusting, immoral, unempathetic, tantrumy snobs.

You just described Tom Paris...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 31, 2022, 05:12:40 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 05:05:39 PM
For obviously outrageous and appalling cases like this, both filing fees and court surcharges would likely be waived. I mean, it would be pretty cruel to impose extra court costs on someone just trying to get compensated for a horrific injustice such as this. It's easy to not send someone the wrong star trek series. Not only was I not able to finish the series as early as I would like, but there were 5 days that I went to six flags, so I definitely could have used the few extra days had it been sent correctly.

You do know that courts can potentially actually order you to pay a fine for wasting their time?  Considering you dispute was remedied why do you expect a small claims or civil court to hear your case?  You were apparently made whole again by the shipper getting you the correct box set.  What mental and/or physical injuries did you suffer due to getting a DS9 box set?

I have to ask, is this why you broke your 23 day streak that you cited to other day?  I feel as though this is all somehow connected now given the irrational response to getting the wrong DVD set by mistake.

No, the 23 day streak was ruined by star treks excessive sexuality in it. Back during the Voyager shipping ordeal, I was only going about a week in between.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 31, 2022, 05:24:04 PM

I have found that refraining from doing it improves my mental health and sleep quality. That's why I try to reduce doing it as much as possible. It took great effort and time to get it down from once every 2-3 days to every 2-3 weeks, but it's worth it for me.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 06:21:15 PM
He is the most logical and moral person on the show. Everyone else has anger issues, philosophically twisted mindsets, talks too much...etc. Janeway was a flaming hypocrite for throwing him in the Brig for a month in "30 days".

He's a whiny pissbaby and just about the lamest person on the ship (and I'm including Neelix in that). Even Harry Kim is cooler than him.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 06:18:24 PM
No, the 23 day streak was ruined by star treks excessive sexuality in it.

Seven of Nine, I presume?

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 31, 2022, 06:43:39 PM
He is the most logical and moral person on the show. Everyone else has anger issues, philosophically twisted mindsets, talks too much...etc. Janeway was a flaming hypocrite for throwing him in the Brig for a month in "30 days".

He's a whiny pissbaby and just about the lamest person on the ship (and I'm including Neelix in that). Even Harry Kim is cooler than him.

No, it was a next generation episode.

As for Tom and Neelix, it seems you dislike the characters that have the most humanity and common sense. Not to mention if it weren't for him the entire crew would have been stranded for life on that planet.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 06:53:32 PM

No, it was a next generation episode.

There is no possibility for which episode it was that leaves you looking good here, man.

As for Tom and Neelix, it seems you dislike the characters that have the most humanity and common sense.

I was about to say, I don't think I like anyone at all on Voyager, but then I remembered The Doctor. But even he is sort of a bad copy of Data from TNG.

Not to mention if it weren't for him the entire crew would have been stranded for life on that planet.

Good.

MultiMillionMiler

Well it kind of served them right for them refusing to share their technology with anyone. I'm glad they got a taste of their own medicine for those few days. It's too bad the next generation crew never got that sweet karma.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on December 30, 2022, 02:59:26 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 30, 2022, 02:43:46 PM
I only made it 23 days. And I partly blame star trek for that.

It's Star Trek's fault inasmuch as rape is the victims' fault.  If you can't watch Star Trek without needing sexual release, then the problem is with you, not the show.

Also... now I'm imagining a young guy on Long Island wanking off to mental images of cartoon space explorers.  And it's kind of depressing.

Change your opinion at all now that we know it was the The Next Generation?

SSOWorld

which one?

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

kkt

Quote from: SSOWorld on December 31, 2022, 07:22:12 PM

which one?

Is that supposed to be a weapon she's holding on the right?  I lost interest in Voyager about season 3.  But if it's something that's supposed to be aimed before it's fired, it looks very poorly designed.  If you want all the weight of such a large device, might as well put it on a tripod for really stable aim.

MultiMillionMiler

To be honest she looks better on the left.

SSOWorld

Quote from: kkt on December 31, 2022, 08:34:03 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on December 31, 2022, 07:22:12 PM

which one?

Is that supposed to be a weapon she's holding on the right?  I lost interest in Voyager about season 3.  But if it's something that's supposed to be aimed before it's fired, it looks very poorly designed.  If you want all the weight of such a large device, might as well put it on a tripod for really stable aim.

left: seven in Voyager (Ice Queen); Left: Seven in Picard defrosted and a vigilante defending ex-borgs against Romulans.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 31, 2022, 08:46:28 PM
To be honest she looks better on the left.

Probably because actress Jeri Ryan was 25 years younger then? You'll probably look better now than in 2048.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

MultiMillionMiler

They used the same actress 25 years later? I thought the very last season they were 23 years in the future just in the show, not in real life! Or was the picture on the right not taken during the filming of the show? Voyager was written over 7 years.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.