News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

US 89

roadman65

John Young Parkway in Orlando, Florida is six lanes both county and municipality maintained. However the latter is common on Long Island where Triple M reigns.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Santa Clara County G8 on Alamaden Expressway has six lane portions.

dlsterner

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 11:39:54 PM
Quote from: thspfc on March 05, 2023, 10:49:04 PM
This is reply 1911. I'm accepting bets: in 24 hours, will this thread have more or less than 1911 replies?
Well it's down to 1899 now. Wouldn't be suprised if MMM just deletes all his posts someday.

RGT, he went through a phase a month or two ago when he was also deleting posts - I think to get his post count down to the highest prime number under 1000 or something unusual like that.  I wouldn't be surprised if his total post count - counting deleted posts - was north of 2500.

(Reply down to 1897.  And his post count is down to 1860 and dropping.)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: dlsterner on March 05, 2023, 11:51:58 PM
This is reply 1911. I'm accepting bets: in 24 hours, will this thread have more or less than 1911 replies?
Well it's down to 1899 now. Wouldn't be suprised if MMM just deletes all his posts someday.

RGT, he went through a phase a month or two ago when he was also deleting posts - I think to get his post count down to the highest prime number under 1000 or something unusual like that.  I wouldn't be surprised if his total post count - counting deleted posts - was north of 2500.

(And post count is down to 1860 and dropping like a rock)
The mods should disable MMM's post count temporarily as a punishment. I have mentioned before that I like the post counts and want them to stay, but with shit like this I feel like that would be appropriate. There is also precendent for that happening.The mods can set people's post counts to whatever they want.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Hobart

1860 now (10:51 PM CST at time of writing). Over the previous 12 minutes, M^3 has deleted 39 posts. This means he is deleting 3.29 posts per minute! At this rate, he will have deleted all of his posts by 8:16 AM CST tomorrow morning (March 6th, Casmir Pulaski Day).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 11:55:49 PM
Quote from: dlsterner on March 05, 2023, 11:51:58 PM

(And post count is down to 1860 and dropping like a rock)
The mods should disable MMM's post count temporarily as a punishment. I have mentioned before that I like the post counts and want them to stay, but with shit like this I feel like that would be appropriate. There is also precendent for that happening.The mods can set people's post counts to whatever they want.

Scott has changed it before to a fixed number.  The issue is the user at hand is a weirdo about post numbers and burying what he perceives as bad posts.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Hobart on March 05, 2023, 11:57:34 PM

1860 now (10:51 PM CST at time of writing). Over the previous 12 minutes, M^3 has deleted 39 posts. This means he is deleting 3.29 posts per minute! At this rate, he will have deleted all of his posts by 8:16 AM CST tomorrow morning (March 6th, Casmir Pulaski Day).
Don't let MMM see this or he will do it.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

Quote from: US 89 on March 05, 2023, 11:42:50 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on March 05, 2023, 09:27:52 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 07:28:35 PM
Where are there 6 lane county roads (serious question)?

Las Vegas

Not for much longer...

The Strip is maintained by Clark County, isn't it?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kkt

It sort of rubs me the wrong way that users can remove their posts from days, weeks, or months ago.  What they wrote is what they wrote.  Others reacted to them and not seeing one side of the dialogue makes it a mystery to people looking at it later.  If it creates an unfavorable impression of that user, that's a good warning for other people interacting them them.

Scott5114

Quote from: kkt on March 06, 2023, 12:46:04 AM
It sort of rubs me the wrong way that users can remove their posts from days, weeks, or months ago.  What they wrote is what they wrote.  Others reacted to them and not seeing one side of the dialogue makes it a mystery to people looking at it later.  If it creates an unfavorable impression of that user, that's a good warning for other people interacting them them.

We've revoked the ability to delete posts from other users who abused the privilege before. The only reason I haven't started the process of doing the same for MMM is because his posts aren't worth the effort to save.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 06, 2023, 01:05:20 AM
Quote from: kkt on March 06, 2023, 12:46:04 AM

We've revoked the ability to delete posts from other users who abused the privilege before. The only reason I haven't started the process of doing the same for MMM is because his posts aren't worth the effort to save.

And I also never do so in a way that interferes with conversations. And yes there were some posts I decided I didn't want to stay public or that I realized were ridiculous, so what's the issue? And as I've said some weren't deletions but merges to make the thread more readable, so the content is still there. Not deleting the original post that I edited into a previous one would be duplication, which is stupid.

TheHighwayMan3561

Not to beat a dead horse, but a few around MSP:
CSAH 17 (France Ave) in Edina/Bloomington between TH 62 and American Blvd (just south of I-494)
CSAH 81 (Bottineau Blvd) from Crystal to Osseo between TH 100 and US 169
CSAH 3 (Lake St) in uptown Minneapolis
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

roadman65

I believe that even when a post is deleted, it's not actually deleted. It may not appear to us, but MODs can see the pre deleted post always if they open up a certain registry.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Scott5114

Quote from: roadman65 on March 06, 2023, 05:09:21 AM
I believe that even when a post is deleted, it's not actually deleted. It may not appear to us, but MODs can see the pre deleted post always if they open up a certain registry.

Only if we choose to preserve it at deletion time. We actually "delete" posts by moving them to a board that isn't displayed to non-admins. If we need to review or restore them, we can pull them from there. It is our policy to always do this.

If a post is actually deleted rather than moved to the trash board, it's more or less perma-gone unless Alex has a backup of it somewhere.

webny99

I won't bet, but my guess would be less.

webny99

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 01:34:34 AM
And I also never do so in a way that interferes with conversations. And yes there were some posts I decided I didn't want to stay public or that I realized were ridiculous, so what's the issue?

Nice try. Any post that is responded to (quoted or not) and then deleted - which in your case is most of them - makes the thread harder to follow.

Like I've said before, I had experience with mass deletion of posts about five years ago, but I wasn't actively posting and deleting in the same thread at the same time. Even when I did the "make a post, delete a post" thing for a brief period, I was careful to start from my earliest posts and choose an old one to delete, often taking pains to find one that wasn't quoted or responded to.

In short: not recommended to mass delete posts in any capacity. At this point, I consider myself lucky to have retained post deletion privileges. I hardly ever do it now, but it is handy if you post something incorrect that can't be fixed with an edit, or post something and then think better of it (in those cases, though, it should be done as soon as possible).

thspfc

That post is now 1897, meaning that MMM has deleted at least 14 posts since last night.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: webny99 on March 06, 2023, 08:38:01 AM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 01:34:34 AM
And I also never do so in a way that interferes with conversations. And yes there were some posts I decided I didn't want to stay public or that I realized were ridiculous, so what's the issue?

Nice try. Any post that is responded to (quoted or not) and then deleted - which in your case is most of them - makes the thread harder to follow.

Like I've said before, I had experience with mass deletion of posts about five years ago, but I wasn't actively posting and deleting in the same thread at the same time. Even when I did the "make a post, delete a post" thing for a brief period, I was careful to start from my earliest posts and choose an old one to delete, often taking pains to find one that wasn't quoted or responded to.

In short: not recommended to mass delete posts in any capacity. At this point, I consider myself lucky to have retained post deletion privileges. I hardly ever do it now, but it is handy if you post something incorrect that can't be fixed with an edit, or post something and then think better of it (in those cases, though, it should be done as soon as possible).

It's not that deep man. If a mod told me to stop doing it sure, but apparently they deleted ones aren't worth saving anyway for that purpose, so who cares? First people complain about my post count being too high and now people complain that's its too low? As for post deletions, I think the invisible thread people are referring to only applies to mods deleting users posts for being egregious or offensive, not the user deleting ok posts by choice that didn't break any rules. That sounds like an admin function, besides that wouldn't decrease the post count then either.

webny99

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 11:50:55 AM
It's not that deep man. If a mod told me to stop doing it sure, but apparently they deleted ones aren't worth saving anyway for that purpose, so who cares?

You should care that you're posting stuff that isn't worth saving. That should be cause to think a little longer and harder before hitting "post".

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 11:50:55 AM
First people complain about my post count being too high and now people complain that's its too low?

Yep, been there done that too. Nobody's complaining that it's too high or too low, they're complaining that it's become a focus point and perpetual discussion topic, which it wouldn't be if you didn't bring it up and emphasize it by deleting posts.

MultiMillionMiler

I never brought up or empathize deleting posts, I only asked which of my 2000 posts are bad or something, and then people reacted "oh but it's actually 1950 or whatever he must be deleting posts again". That's how it became a focal point. And if posts are captured in quotes then how is it disrupting anything? People reading it know what the person was replying to. Also, this thread has no main topic.

hotdogPi

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 12:14:41 PM
And if posts are captured in quotes then how is it disrupting anything? People reading it know what the person was replying to.

But not what order the posts were in unless you look very carefully at the timestamps.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 12:14:41 PM
empathize

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33013
Clinched, plus NH 38, MA 286, and MA 193

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
Many state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25

New: MA 193 clinched and a tiny bit of CT 193 traveled

My computer is currently under repair. This means I can't update Travel Mapping and have limited ability for the image threads.

kirbykart

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 10:20:38 PM
Here's some County routes in Long Island that are 6 lanes, and at some points a couple of them may widen to 8.

519 NY-110
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3fixbxZ7tLNh4BWo8

500 NY-27
https://maps.app.goo.gl/HgZ1QdJ513keMK6UA

1053 William Floyd Pkwy
https://maps.app.goo.gl/xyS5QKE9v6cSM7rV8

Do you even know what a county road is?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kirbykart on March 06, 2023, 01:23:52 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 10:20:38 PM
Here's some County routes in Long Island that are 6 lanes, and at some points a couple of them may widen to 8.

519 NY-110
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3fixbxZ7tLNh4BWo8

500 NY-27
https://maps.app.goo.gl/HgZ1QdJ513keMK6UA

1053 William Floyd Pkwy
https://maps.app.goo.gl/xyS5QKE9v6cSM7rV8

Do you even know what a county road is?
The last on is maintained by Suffolk County.

Bruce

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 06:39:24 PM
In fact, here's my personal suggestion for post count tags:

0 = Parking Lot
1-9 = Dirt Road
10-99 = Unpaved Road
100-249=2 Lane undivided Road
250-499= 4 lane county Road
500-999=6 lane county Road
1000-1499= State Route
1500-1999 = US Route
2000-2499 = Cross Country US Route
2500-2999 = Interstate
3000-4999= Cross Country Interstate
5000-9999= Interstate 80
10,000+ = German Autobahn

Not uncommon in suburban but unincorporated areas out west. There's some gaps between cities in the Seattle area where the county has allowed for higher density and unfortunately wide roads (such as Airport Road near Everett).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.