News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hello from Wisconsin

Started by Andrew T., October 01, 2010, 08:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew T.

Hi all,

My name is Andrew Turnbull.  I love maps, road trips, road signs, and tracking down old alignments of highways.

Geographically, I live in Manitowoc, Wisconsin; however, I was actually raised in southern West Virginia, so my preferred geographical focus spans both states.  Some of my related interests include license plate collecting and old railroad grades and infrastructure.  Although its content focuses on all sorts of things, you can view my Flickr page here.

Looking forward to contributing here.   :cool:
Think Metric!

agentsteel53

nice trip down 141.  I know exactly where that funny-looking 43 shield is, along with the WIS 96.  I also know where the WIS 141 is.  Did you see the state-named shields in the same area?  I counted two in November '08.  They may be gone.

if you want to see the world's strangest Wisconsin/US mixup shield:

yep, it's supposed to be US 8 ... in the US shield shape!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Dougtone

Quote from: Andrew T. on October 01, 2010, 08:37:55 PM
Hi all,

My name is Andrew Turnbull.  I love maps, road trips, road signs, and tracking down old alignments of highways.

Geographically, I live in Manitowoc, Wisconsin; however, I was actually raised in southern West Virginia, so my preferred geographical focus spans both states.  Some of my related interests include license plate collecting and old railroad grades and infrastructure.  Although its content focuses on all sorts of things, you can view my Flickr page here.

Looking forward to contributing here.   :cool:

It sounds like you'll fit right in.

SSOWorld

Welcome aboard fellow Wisconsinite. :sombrero:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Andrew T.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 01, 2010, 09:10:47 PM
nice trip down 141.  I know exactly where that funny-looking 43 shield is, along with the WIS 96.  I also know where the WIS 141 is.  Did you see the state-named shields in the same area?  I counted two in November '08.  They may be gone.

There are still a fair number of "Interstate/Wisconsin" shields scattered around on side roads and city streets...finding one with a band that hasn't faded white by now is a challenge, though!

That's a great US/WI 8 error shield.  Feel free to help yourself to anything you see here for the shield gallery, by the way.
Think Metric!

Alex

Glad to have you on the board Andrew, welcome!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.