News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hey from PA...

Started by Compulov, March 29, 2011, 05:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compulov

...Well, from PA most of the time anyway. I'm originally from central NJ, and still work in Mercer County. I moved down to Bristol a year and a half ago. Great to be here!
Most of my road experience is around PA and NJ, with trips all over the northeast. I also have an interest in roads around the Phoenix metro area since my parents moved out there a few years ago and I visit them a couple times a year.

Alex

Welcome to the board! I grew up in Northern Delaware and have spend a lot of time driving Philly area roads. Thinking on Mercer County, NJ, I have a night time video of I-295 temporarily ending at Bordentown around here somewhere.

Ian

Welcome from down I-95! I don't live too far from you. I live in Media.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

akotchi

Hello and welcome!  I am from just up the road in Fairless Hills (spent the last 24 years in SE PA) and also work in Mercer County.  I also have parents in Arizona -- a couple of hours north of Phoenix in Dewey.  Strange . . .

Nice to have you on the board.

Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Alps

Quote from: Alex on March 29, 2011, 06:58:05 PM
Welcome to the board! I grew up in Northern Delaware and have spend a lot of time driving Philly area roads. Thinking on Mercer County, NJ, I have a night time video of I-295 temporarily ending at Bordentown around here somewhere.
I would Welcome! your video.

Compulov

Quote from: Alex on March 29, 2011, 06:58:05 PM

That brings back some memories. I used to live in Ocean County, and we'd come up to Princeton once in a while as a kid. I remember 195 ending with a ramp right onto 295N. Wish I'd been old enough to drive so I could have gone exploring.
I also recall there being some sort of smokestack fairly close to the highway, which had a flame coming out of it. Never was able to figure out where that was when I got older.

Compulov

Quote from: PennDOTFan on March 29, 2011, 07:08:43 PM
Welcome from down I-95! I don't live too far from you. I live in Media.

I need to take a trip down your way... that interchange with route 1 and 476 looks like a cluster.

Compulov

Quote from: akotchi on March 29, 2011, 07:16:41 PM
Hello and welcome!  I am from just up the road in Fairless Hills (spent the last 24 years in SE PA) and also work in Mercer County.  I also have parents in Arizona -- a couple of hours north of Phoenix in Dewey.  Strange . . .

Nice to have you on the board.

That is a funny coincidence. Mine are actually in the west valley. Sun City West. Lots of fun road stuff happening out there. I go out every 6 months or so and it seems like roads just pop up out of nowhere. Guess it's easy to build when you have warm weather year-round and all you have to do is move some cacti out of the way. Oh, and a 1% sales tax to pay for it (yikes, shopping in glendale means like 9.5% on everything -- including clothing!).

mightyace

Greetings from a former Pennsylvanian.

I was born and raised in Bloomsburg near the junction of I-80 and US 11 and my parent's house is on the pre-1961 alignment of US 11.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.