News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Arkansas

Started by Grzrd, June 18, 2012, 11:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

http://bugo348.blogspot.com/

There are some questions there that still haven't been answered, like the US 271 question. Feel free to comment on the entries.

NE2

DANR-1 and DANR-2 both became the new AR 274 by the 1963 official. DANR-1 was renumbered 203 in 1972.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

I-39

What is going on with US 67 north of Walnut Ridge? Have they figured out what they want to do as far as how they will finish the four lanes and what alignment they will use?

codyg1985

Quote from: adamlanfort on April 06, 2015, 12:11:32 PM
What is going on with US 67 north of Walnut Ridge? Have they figured out what they want to do as far as how they will finish the four lanes and what alignment they will use?

This thread has more info about that.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

I-39

Quote from: codyg1985 on April 06, 2015, 06:48:03 PM
Quote from: adamlanfort on April 06, 2015, 12:11:32 PM

This thread has more info about that.

But people rarely post to it anymore

Stratuscaster

That might be because there is no new news to report.

robbones

Quote from: US71 on March 18, 2015, 09:57:28 AM
Quote from: M86 on March 18, 2015, 01:08:14 AM
I'll try and investigate tomorrow.
Quote from: robbones on March 09, 2015, 01:05:20 PM
Just saw an AR 412 sign in Springdale at the I 49 (exit 72) NB off ramp. Should be US 412. Way to go AHTD
I am ex
Quote from: robbones on March 09, 2015, 01:05:20 PM
Just saw an AR 412 sign in Springdale at the I 49 (exit 72) NB off ramp. Should be US 412. Way to go AHTD
Nope.  That is all.

Then the error has been corrected?.
Error still isn't fixed. It on the right turn lane.

bjrush

AHTD has been pretty vocal about how the Highway Ttust Fund crisis will significantly impact construction in Arkansas. They have cut $30M per month of lettings and I heard May will see $50M unless something is done ASAP

Passing a one year extension does nothing. Real reform is needed
Woo Pig Sooie

M86

Quote from: bjrush on April 16, 2015, 05:46:52 PM
AHTD has been pretty vocal about how the Highway Ttust Fund crisis will significantly impact construction in Arkansas. They have cut $30M per month of lettings and I heard May will see $50M unless something is done ASAP

Passing a one year extension does nothing. Real reform is needed
Fully agree!

bjrush

Will you be attending Director Bennett's speech?
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on April 22, 2015, 06:20:59 PM
I'll be in Missouri closing my mom's apartment.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bjrush

Director Bennett's presentation was not the same presentation AHTD officials have been giving for 10+ years. They actually showed pictures of some of the worst roads in Arkansas in an effort to raise awareness about funding shortfalls.

For some who may not know, things like showing AHTDs weaknesses and bragging about a social media campaign is a sea change from the AHtD of just 5 years ago. They have come a long way and really made great strides. Every AHTD employee I have ever spoken to about Director Bennett has had nothing but praise for him

I look forward to AHTD solving their funding issues and continuing to improve Arkansas's infrastructure
Woo Pig Sooie

bugo

Quote from: bjrush on April 25, 2015, 09:20:49 AM
Director Bennett's presentation was not the same presentation AHTD officials have been giving for 10+ years. They actually showed pictures of some of the worst roads in Arkansas in an effort to raise awareness about funding shortfalls.

For some who may not know, things like showing AHTDs weaknesses and bragging about a social media campaign is a sea change from the AHtD of just 5 years ago. They have come a long way and really made great strides. Every AHTD employee I have ever spoken to about Director Bennett has had nothing but praise for him

Now if they started actually signing all their highways then we can say that we have seen real reform.

US71

Quote from: bugo on April 25, 2015, 12:36:32 PM
Quote from: bjrush on April 25, 2015, 09:20:49 AM

Now if they started actually signing all their highways then we can say that we have seen real reform.

That's petty reform. REAL reform would be maintaining what they have instead of constantly "upgrading".  For example: 71 north of Alma is in terrible shape. AHTD promised not to neglect it after 540/49 was constructed, but it has been. There is a spot below Artists Point that is slowly eroding away.

Grzrd

robbones

US71

Quote from: robbones on January 26, 2016, 10:19:57 PM
AR 220 will be paved completely
http://5newsonline.com/2016/01/26/arkansas-last-gravel-highway-scheduled-for-paving/

Crawford County has been under construction since at least September .

I need to get back up there for an update. Maybe next week.

AHTD

Had a slide on 220 that had to be repaired and reopened last Friday.

Work is progressing well otherwise on this project.
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

US71

Quote from: AHTD on January 27, 2016, 10:57:20 AM
Had a slide on 220 that had to be repaired and reopened last Friday.

Work is progressing well otherwise on this project.

That concerns me: given the terrain in that area, will special precautions be taken to make sure the new roadway doesn't do a slip & slide?

bjrush

AHTD director Scott Bennett spoke at the Bentonville/Bella Vista C of C breakfast taking about projects in the area.

Most interesting was when he said that Bentonville and Rogers are partnering to improve the interchange at Walton/Walnut exit above and beyond the improvements AHTD had proposed. They are chipping in $6M to ensure that exit flows better. After the interchange is complete, the cities will take over maintenance of Walton as a city street.  This is a major turnback that hasn't been seen in Arkansas since Gregg St in Fayetteville.

I remember when Bennett told me he would encourage shrinking the system when he first took over at director. This is a great step in that direction. Bentonville probably wants to redo Walton to their own boulevard standards that AHTD doesn't want to fund anyway. Win win
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on February 20, 2016, 11:08:11 AM
AHTD director Scott Bennett spoke at the Bentonville/Bella Vista C of C breakfast taking about projects in the area.

Most interesting was when he said that Bentonville and Rogers are partnering to improve the interchange at Walton/Walnut exit above and beyond the improvements AHTD had proposed. They are chipping in $6M to ensure that exit flows better. After the interchange is complete, the cities will take over maintenance of Walton as a city street.  This is a major turnback that hasn't been seen in Arkansas since Gregg St in Fayetteville.

I remember when Bennett told me he would encourage shrinking the system when he first took over at director. This is a great step in that direction. Bentonville probably wants to redo Walton to their own boulevard standards that AHTD doesn't want to fund anyway. Win win

I wish AHTD would turn back some of the half mile state highways.

bjrush

They already basically just don't maintain those roads. I'm thinking we will have continued turnbacks as time goes on. I have seen a few AHTD presentations about how oversized the system is. Now that it's AHTD policy,  it's just a matter of finding deals to hand off the roads
Woo Pig Sooie

capt.ron

US71 "I wish AHTD would turn back some of the half mile state highways."
Exactly!
Truncate AR 267 from Booth Rd to Main Street. Why this is a state highway is beyond me. Get rid of AR 320. Morris School is no longer there, just some "church" grounds now. Again, AXE it!

US71

Quote from: bjrush on February 21, 2016, 04:53:38 PM
They already basically just don't maintain those roads. I'm thinking we will have continued turnbacks as time goes on. I have seen a few AHTD presentations about how oversized the system is. Now that it's AHTD policy,  it's just a matter of finding deals to hand off the roads
Yet they took over Devils Den Road and are "improving" it (ie destroying the scenic value so it can be paved).

robbones

Reviving thread

There's a new road being built in Alma, and appears to be a possible AR 162 realignment. It starts at the intersection of US 64 and Mountain Grove Road, crosses US 64B, and the Little Frog Bayou and ending at the intersection of East Main and Henry Streets. I know downtown Alma gets congested when school is in session and when a train rolls through.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.