News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Looking for Utah roadgeek types

Started by Ken Jennings, February 03, 2010, 02:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Jennings

Hey, my name is Ken...I'm an author working on a book for Scribner's about people with different kinds of geographical obsessions.  (I'm also the guy who was a contestant on the TV quiz show Jeopardy for about half of 2004, if that rings a bell.)

Right now I'm working on a chapter about various kind of roadgeekery.  I've been a fan of road atlases and highway minutiae ever since I was kid, but I don't feel really knowledgeable about this is as an organized hobby.  I haven't had any luck finding any road fans to talk to in my native Seattle, so I thought I'd give Utah a try, since I know I'll be spending some time in Salt Lake in March. 

Anybody from Utah in the house?

corco

I'm only 5 hours from Salt Lake and pass through there often on my way back to Idaho, but that's not Salt Lake

Alex

Rover_0 may be based out of SLC, but he has not been on in about a month.

Rover_0

Yea, I'm actually in Logan right now (going to USU), but I'm originally from Kanab.  How can I help? :)
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Ken Jennings

Hey, thanks for the reply, rover_0.  I'm still trying to scare up some local roadgeeks in the Seattle area to show me the ropes...if I don't have any luck,  I'll shoot you a PM in advance of my Utah trip.

thenetwork

Hey, Ken.

If your travels take you towards Colorado & East Central Utah, I'm in Grand Junction...And also a Game Show Geek.. 

bugo

A nightmare of mine is getting on Jeopardy and Shakespeare being the final Jeopardy category.  I hate Shakespeare.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.