News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Funny things people did at work

Started by bandit957, April 25, 2016, 10:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Did people ever do funny stuff at work?

For years, I used to work in the back office at the local library. The office had an employee lounge, and my desk was right near it. Occasionally, I'd be sitting at my desk, and I'd hear people in the lounge audibly passing gas. Sometimes the reverse would happen. I'd be in the lounge, and I'd hear bunker blasts coming in from the office.

The lounge had a soda machine that had only regular Coke and Diet Coke. The regular Cokes got used up quickly, since hardly anyone drank Diet Coke. One day, when the machine finally ran out of Diet Coke, I wrote "Replace with Dr Pepper" on a piece of paper and taped it to the Diet Coke slot. Later, I saw my boss emerge from the lounge. She approached a male office worker at his desk and said, "You ain't getting no Dr Pepper." He had no idea what she was talking about! "I'm not?" he replied.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

HazMatt

We were doing a video call with one of our customers for some kind of testing..  We had a few different devices connected and the bridge we used would switch video to the active speaker, which would take at least 3 seconds of consistent noise to change over.  Midway through the meeting we hear this long 'pffft' sound and everyone's screen switched over to one of the guys turned around working on his laptop.  Turns out the guy passed gas without thinking about it, and with the wonders of video conferencing everyone knew who it was.

SSOWorld

Working diligently on my project, I hear some whistling.  Turns out co-workers were tossing Nerf darts around the room.  fun and games until someone gets a dart to the forehead.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

GCrites

One day I was working at a hobby shop and this lady tries to return this styrofoam glider that her kid couldn't figure out how to assemble. She's just going on and on about how hard it was and how her kid couldn't assemble the fuckin' plane. My boss grabs it and puts it together in literally 8 seconds without even looking at the instructions first and having never put together that particular model. The lady left kinda pissed that she and her kid looked stupid but also happy that the glider was actually together and they now knew that it could be done.

I was crying

vdeane

That day my boss, coworker, and myself rewrote the 12 Days of Christmas as the 12 Days of Planning
12 inventories
11 GIS maps
10 LHI forms
9 lengthy meetings
8 linkage studies
7 urgent deadlines
6 crazy rail fans
5 complete streets
4 smart growths
3 traffic counts
2 SMART form tests
a webinar they got for free
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: vdeane on April 26, 2016, 01:38:58 PM
6 crazy rail fans
I probably fit in that.

Also, are we allowed to share stories from school as well? I have some fun ones to share if I can ever remember them.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

jp the roadgeek

The day I decided to write our auto insurance sales script for New Jersey in Jerseyese.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Duke87

My job involves a lot of either approving things or having to explain why I am unable to approve them based on the documentation I have been provided with. I have been known for getting creative in how I do this because one can only send an email saying "approved" so many times before it becomes tedious.

Recently someone asked if I could "give the green light" to something, so I went and pulled a picture of a green traffic signal off of Google Image search and responded with that. My coworker burst out laughing when she got it.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

busman_49

A buddy of mine was ALWAYS leaving his phone on the table when he went to the restroom, so one day I decided I'd play a little joke on him and swipe the phone.  He didn't say anything about it when he returned, and I quickly forgot I had his phone in my pocket until most of the way through my afternoon route (we were both bus drivers) when my pocket started ringing.  Oops, I wasn't supposed to keep it THAT long.

To this day, though, he never leaves it lying around!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.