User Content > Road Trips

Winter Weather and Trips Thread! (Former GNYT5c Thread)

(1/11) > >>

snowc:
Talk about anything related to Winter Weather and the impact on your travel plans!

US 89:

--- Quote from: snowc on November 07, 2021, 06:17:30 PM ---1. Will there be any snow on the following routes: I-81, I-70, I-99, I-80, I-95 (from Exit 73 in NC to Exit 133A in VA), I-295, US 30 (from Breezewood to I-99 Start) or any of the routes in Syracuse?

--- End quote ---

Ask again in two weeks. With current weather model technology it is simply impossible to forecast that far out with any degree of accuracy.

Rothman:
Syracuse had a dusting of snow the other night.

1:

--- Quote from: snowc on November 07, 2021, 07:58:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on November 07, 2021, 06:43:17 PM ---Syracuse had a dusting of snow the other night.

--- End quote ---
Oh really?!  :wow:

--- End quote ---

Syracuse is 18 hours ahead of my location for weather patterns, and I didn't get anything at all.

hbelkins:
Hard to tell about snow. I traveled to Breezewood over Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago, and there was snow on the ground (and some on the roads) in Maryland and Pennsylvania.

As for restaurants being open for Thanksgiving, once you get into Sheetz territory, they'll be open. My first experience with Sheetz was in Maryland on Christmas Day back in either 1990 or '91 (can't remember for sure now) and most every other place was closed, but Sheetz was open. They didn't have the menu they do now, but I got a meatball sub.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version