Google Maps just fucking SUCKS now

Started by agentsteel53, February 26, 2014, 03:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anyone else having an insane amount of trouble with the new Google Maps?

instant browser crash
10 (3.5%)
loads fine, then crashes the browser when attempting to do anything at all
23 (8%)
not quite terrible, but still worse
127 (44.4%)
I am indifferent
63 (22%)
I actually like the new Google Maps
63 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 286

kkt

Quote from: jlam on March 24, 2022, 03:08:34 PM
Google Maps has BUS I-90 through Spearfish signed as BUS US 90.

:banghead:

Roadgeekteen

Is Google Maps running very choppy for anyone else?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

D-Dey65

I've been trying to use Google Street View to find this billboard along I-75;

I have some vague memories of the billboard, and this thing could've been anywhere north of Exit 329 and south of Exit 374. So I've been trying to check using the views from 2007 focusing on rural areas outside of Ocala. The trouble is, it keeps shifting from the northbound lanes to the southbound lanes and I can't get back to the northbound lanes. And when it's not doing that, it suddenly starts going backwards when I'm trying to go forwards. So because of these defects, I still can't find the exact location.

Rothman

I-270 in Denver wasn't marked earlier today.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jlam

Quote from: Rothman on March 30, 2022, 10:31:41 PM
And it still isn't (at least on mobile)

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 30, 2022, 02:11:16 AM
Is Google Maps running very choppy for anyone else?

It is on mobile (has been for a few days, seemingly), but it's fine on my laptop.

CtrlAltDel

Like the little yellow lines were gone or just the shields?
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

FrCorySticha

I'm seeing I-270 marked only as US 36, while I-25 is also marked I-270:

MATraveler128

I just logged onto Google Maps and saw this. That’s very odd.

Also, why is MA 128 from Peabody to Gloucester not marked either. It’s just marked as Yankee Division Highway
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

hotdogPi

Google Maps labels are entirely broken. Many of them in a given region are the same (e.g. twenty places all named Georgetown), sometimes cut off in the middle of a word or even the middle of a letter.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

webny99

Quote from: 1 on April 05, 2022, 11:26:47 AM
Google Maps labels are entirely broken. Many of them in a given region are the same (e.g. twenty places all named Georgetown), sometimes cut off in the middle of a word or even the middle of a letter.

Is this still the case? I haven't had any issues.

JayhawkCO

I-270 still doesn't exist. I kind of wish it didn't as it's my least favorite highway.

Bruce

The schedule explorer for transit directions was quietly dropped a few months ago. I used the feature a lot when traveling extensively by transit before the pandemic, so it's awful to see it gone.

https://bgr.com/tech/google-silently-dumps-schedule-explorer-from-google-maps/

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on April 05, 2022, 04:44:55 PM
The schedule explorer for transit directions was quietly dropped a few months ago. I used the feature a lot when traveling extensively by transit before the pandemic, so it's awful to see it gone.

https://bgr.com/tech/google-silently-dumps-schedule-explorer-from-google-maps/

This seems like an odd choice, I find it hard to believe it wasn't utilized; I didn't use transit a ton but I loved that feature when I did.

thenetwork

Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 05, 2022, 02:46:41 PM
I-270 still doesn't exist. I kind of wish it didn't as it's my least favorite highway.

And oddly enough, thanks to CDOT's practice of signing multiplexes ONLY if they absolutely, positively have to, there is little to no mention of US-36 along that same stretch in the real world.

ozarkman417

CtrlAltDel

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

kkt

US 89

Quote from: thenetwork on April 07, 2022, 12:20:29 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 05, 2022, 02:46:41 PM

And oddly enough, thanks to CDOT's practice of signing multiplexes ONLY if they absolutely, positively have to, there is little to no mention of US-36 along that same stretch in the real world.

Hell, CDOT signs would have you thinking US 36 begins at that I-25 interchange.

kkt

In Google Maps the scroll wheel used to zoom in or out.  Has anyone else noticed that it has stopped doing that?  I can still zoom in or out by clicking on the + or - buttons in the corner.

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on April 13, 2022, 11:32:32 AM
In Google Maps the scroll wheel used to zoom in or out.  Has anyone else noticed that it has stopped doing that?  I can still zoom in or out by clicking on the + or - buttons in the corner.

Working for me still. Sure hope that doesn't break, scrolling with the mouse wheel is an indispensable feature.

hotdogPi

It happened for me once. Reloading the page twice fixed it.
Clinched, plus MA 286

kkt

Quote from: jakeroot on April 13, 2022, 11:37:45 AM

Working for me still. Sure hope that doesn't break, scrolling with the mouse wheel is an indispensable feature.

Hmm.  Maybe it's my computer for some reason.  Thank you!

hotdogPi

No, it happened to me again after I posted above.

Safari 15.3.
Clinched, plus MA 286

kphoger

Works for me just fine.  Just tested it in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer (no longer supported by Google), and Edge.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.