User Content > Road Trips

2020 Road Trip Plans

<< < (2/25) > >>

nexus73:
Regional exploration of the few routes still not taken will make up the 2020 plans for my friend and me. 

Rick

noelbotevera:
Reviving this, since we're pretty close to 2020.

My plans involve me taking a long summer trip to the Atlantic provinces of Canada. Good weather, no tourists, and good food. The plan is to visit five places: Quebec City, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland, and St. Pierre & Miquelon.

So far, we want to basically try the best seafood that the provinces have to offer, especially PEI. I've also wanted to visit St. Pierre so I can say I've visited France. New stamp on the passport, essentially. At most, I've figured out the first two days: Chambersburg to Quebec City (day 1) then Quebec City to PEI or Nova Scotia (day 2; maybe reach Moncton, NB).

I'm not sure what's special about New Brunswick yet, so I haven't considered it yet.

ozarkman417:
While this may not quite be a road-trip, I am planning on traveling to Europe to visit family. There, quite a bit of driving will be done (some on the Autobahn), starting in Munich, going to Ljubljana (capital of Slovenia) via way of Vienna & Graz.

I will finally have my license so I will be exploring my "own backyard", visiting nearby towns, parks, & highways I've not been to yet. It's hard to believe it's almost the end of the decade already.

TravelingBethelite:
I am in college so my options are a bit limited, but regional exploration is likely on the docket. I like the sound of going south for a couple of days in January/February/March. May be able to sneak in something a little bigger this summer if I'm not doing anything else.

ghYHZ:

--- Quote from: noelbotevera on November 10, 2019, 07:25:34 PM ---Reviving this, since we're pretty close to 2020.

My plans involve me taking a long summer trip to the Atlantic provinces of Canada. Good weather, no tourists, and good food. The plan is to visit five places: Quebec City, Nova Scotia, PEI, Newfoundland, and St. Pierre & Miquelon.

So far, we want to basically try the best seafood that the provinces have to offer, especially PEI. I've also wanted to visit St. Pierre so I can say I've visited France. New stamp on the passport, essentially. At most, I've figured out the first two days: Chambersburg to Quebec City (day 1) then Quebec City to PEI or Nova Scotia (day 2; maybe reach Moncton, NB).

I'm not sure what's special about New Brunswick yet, so I haven't considered it yet.

--- End quote ---

You definitely want to take in the Bay of Fundy and the Tides. Near Moncton are the Hopewell Rocks where you can walk on the seafloor…..watch the tide come in and where you had walked is now under 50 feet of water!

https://www.thehopewellrocks.ca/index.php/en/home

You should be able to drive car to St. Pierre next year as the new ferry dock and ramp will finally be constructed:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/fortune-ferry-deal-looming-1.5198550

https://www.spm-ferries.fr/en/home/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version