Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

Wisconsin notes

<< < (679/702) > >>

The Ghostbuster:
Yes, the 39/90/94 study has been restarted. See page 28 on this document: https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/projects/6yr-hwy-impr/maj-hwy/status.pdf. I think it was stupid to cancel the study back in 2017. I expect the corridor to be widened from 6 to 8 lanes between Madison and Portage, and widened from 4 to 6 lanes from Portage to Wisconsin Dells, with various interchange improvements throughout the entire corridor. Two projects planned to occur along the corridor in the near future are the replacement of the Wisconsin River Bridge (https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/i399094-bridge/default.aspx), and the reconfiguration of the interchange with STH-60 (https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/i399094-wis60/default.aspx).

thspfc:
Interesting that they're basically making lateral changes from a parclo-looking thing to a diamond. Seems like they have better things to work on than the WI-60 interchange, but I don't care for the loop ramps so I'm not complaining.

cwm1276:

--- Quote from: thspfc on October 30, 2021, 09:17:51 AM ---Interesting that they're basically making lateral changes from a parclo-looking thing to a diamond. Seems like they have better things to work on than the WI-60 interchange, but I don't care for the loop ramps so I'm not complaining.

--- End quote ---
Would there still be space for the loop ramps with additional lanes?  They almost need to move the centerline of the interstate west to avoid the transmission lines, which would make that loop in the southwest even tighter.

I-39:

--- Quote from: cwm1276 on October 30, 2021, 11:28:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: thspfc on October 30, 2021, 09:17:51 AM ---Interesting that they're basically making lateral changes from a parclo-looking thing to a diamond. Seems like they have better things to work on than the WI-60 interchange, but I don't care for the loop ramps so I'm not complaining.

--- End quote ---
Would there still be space for the loop ramps with additional lanes?  They almost need to move the centerline of the interstate west to avoid the transmission lines, which would make that loop in the southwest even tighter.

--- End quote ---

Probably not. Those loop ramps are tight as it is, a diamond interchange is better, and will better accommodate future widening to the corridor. I presume the bridge over Hwy 60 will be rebuilt to accommodate a future fourth lane.

When are they going to update the website with new information about the I-39/90/94 study? It still says it is being cancelled. Also, are they going to lump the Madison to Portage and the Portage to Wisconsin Dells segments together this time? Last time, there were separate studies for both of them.

JREwing78:
Silly question - is there any significant stretch of 6-lane or wider freeway in Wisconsin with a truck travel lane restriction? In other states, trucks are restricted from the leftmost lane (or on a 8-lane or wider stretch, from the left 2 lanes), to reduce left-lane hogging. There is general "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signage, but nothing specific to trucks.

Just curious - the lack of lane discipline from trucks on I-39/90 since the 6-laning can be awfully road-rage inducing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version