Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

How will the Roe v. Wade ruling affect traffic patterns in your area?

(1/6) > >>

KCRoadFan:
With the recent news of Roe v. Wade (the abortion ruling) being overturned, I thought I might post about it - not to get political or anything, but just to see what the effect will be on the roads. My guess is that weíll be seeing a lot more eastbound traffic on I-70 in Missouri, headed towards Illinois. What do you think the traffic impact will be like in your area?

(By the way, I really hope this doesnít become an angry argument - just wanted to ask about this from a road/travel perspective.)

Max Rockatansky:
In what context?  As in avoiding protests or something?  Iíve never encountered a protest while driving before, so I donít anticipate having it happen now.

As an aside, one of the nicest things about leaving the country for a couple weeks Iíve found is how little American news actually gets to me.  Really puts into perspective how much mass media exposure there is state side when I can go almost a whole day and not hear about major domestic news stories. 

Rothman:
Remember Roe v. Wade was only 50 years ago.  Makes you wonder how significant the flows from abortion-banned to abortion-legal states were and will be.

Given that only those with means will be able to do so, probably not very.

KCRoadFan:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 24, 2022, 07:06:14 PM ---In what context?  As in avoiding protests or something?

--- End quote ---

I was more talking about people living in states where abortion is banned, going to ones where itís not.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: KCRoadFan on June 24, 2022, 07:36:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 24, 2022, 07:06:14 PM ---In what context?  As in avoiding protests or something?

--- End quote ---

I was more talking about people living in states where abortion is banned, going to ones where itís not.

--- End quote ---

I think thatís probably a little naive to expect a sudden mass migration or major shift in traffic patterns.  Certainly people will travel as the need arises, but that wonít be anything significant to the overall traffic count of any road. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version