News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgb191

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on July 10, 2022, 12:23:51 AM
Missoula County was placed under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for about six hours today and not a single storm was near Missoula AT. ALL! None. All the storms were north, south, and east of Missoula. That forecast for storm risk was an absolute joke. *yawn* Thanks NOAA! Thanks SPC! Thanks NWS Missoula! For nothing! It may as well be raining goats from the land of the great Alans in the Garden City while clear and 73!

There is a difference between a 'Watch' and a 'Warning'.  As Scott said a 'Watch' only means there is a real possibility of something happening based on the given conditions at that time, so "watch" out for it.  And Severe Thunderstorm meets certain conditions like hail of a certain size and/or wind speed exceeding 50 MPH.  Had you experienced either or both condition(s) in or nearby, your city would have been administered a 'Warning', which means the severe is actually present or expected to be present.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny, upper 70s, not too hot or humid. A perfect summer day.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Max Rockatansky

99F right now in Fresno, forecasted high of 107F tomorrow. 

gonealookin

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 10, 2022, 07:26:34 PM
99F right now in Fresno, forecasted high of 107F tomorrow. 

Fresno doesn't seem to be in line for smoke from that fire in Yosemite.  Prevailing summer flow along the Sierra tends to bring smoke north, then east.  We're looking at low 80s temperature at Tahoe the next couple days, but if the wind points the smoke in our direction, as it's projected to, that can get miserable fast.  Frustratingly, smoky summers are more and more becoming the norm.

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JayhawkCO

72 and sunny. It's glorious.

Bruce

82 and sunny. A bit too much.

Yesterday was a comfortable 75 and partly cloudy, clearing in the afternoon. That's perfection.

US 89

NWS just issued an excessive heat warning for Salt Lake City for the next several days. Starting tomorrow, highs will be around 102-104 and lows 77-80 for probably the next week. We're used to heat here in the inland west, but even by our standards that is miserable. It's not even a true desert dry heat like we're used to, with dewpoints forecast to be in the 40s-50s range. At least it isn't east coast humidity, I suppose?

This all after we dropped to 68 last night, which represented the first time in all of July that we fell below 70.

jgb191

It was quite warm here too....almost at the borderline of hot.  Between five and ten degrees above normal yesterday and today.

Corpus Christi:  104 high (+8),  83 low (+3)
McAllen:           109 high (+9),  78 low (-1)
Laredo:            110 high (+8),  81 low (+3)

(Parenthesis showing departure above normal for this time of the year)

I'll gladly take this over freezing conditions any time.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

7/8

Last night's thunderstorm cooled things off a bit. Today's a lovely day, partly cloudy with a high of 24C (76F). In a few days, it'll be creeping back up to high 20's C (low 80's F).

Ted$8roadFan

close to 90, hot and humid.

Roadgeekteen

hobsini2

Partly sunny and 83 in lovely Aurora IL at work. We are expecting a possible thunderstorm this afternoon. There are a few showers on the radar that just popped up about 30 miles east.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Roadgeekteen

LilianaUwU

"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Roadgeekteen

Ted$8roadFan

Hot and humid, waiting for t-storns that may or may not materialize. 

Roadgeekteen

Billy F 1988

Brutally hot, bone dry and 95, and it will be like that until...let's say October. I hate July and August in Montana now. BOOOOO!

This Montana heat is brutal. Trying to remotely find some shred of a way to move a tiny shred of cool air into the apartment is nearly impossible. Seems like every time I wage a battle against this heat, I lose. Even with AC (if I had one in the apartment, which I don't due to it being too costly for my own budget), I still lose.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Roadgeekteen

Roadgeekteen

webny99

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on July 17, 2022, 06:27:22 PM
This Montana heat is brutal. Trying to remotely find some shred of a way to move a tiny shred of cool air into the apartment is nearly impossible. Seems like every time I wage a battle against this heat, I lose. Even with AC (if I had one in the apartment, which I don't due to it being too costly for my own budget), I still lose.

Oh no. I was in the upper Midwest over the weekend (Winnipeg area and northern ND) and the heat was terrible, much worse that I ever remember it being in that area. Usually the humidity is much lower there so the heat is more bearable, but this time temps were over 90F and the humidity was worse than it is here (and it's bad here thanks to the Great Lakes).

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: webny99 on July 19, 2022, 04:17:45 PM
Quote from: Billy F 1988 on July 17, 2022, 06:27:22 PM

Oh no. I was in the upper Midwest over the weekend (Winnipeg area and northern ND) and the heat was terrible, much worse that I ever remember it being in that area. Usually the humidity is much lower there so the heat is more bearable, but this time temps were over 90F and the humidity was worse than it is here (and it's bad here thanks to the Great Lakes).

It's not overly hot here. Mid-80s to low 90s this week. Only sightly above normal.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

7/8

Just got back from Montreal and it's 33C (91F) and partly cloudy in Kitchener right now. Even the wind is hot lol.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.