News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy F 1988

Despite the brief reprieve on Monday with the breeze, that was all there was in terms of brief comfort. 88 may not be as hot as, say, 95 in the next few days.

Between 7/20 to 7/28, Weather Underground has forecast highs in the upper 90's. Next Thursday looks to be the hot spot at 97. I'm hoping no bonehead decides to go hit the boonies and stupidly leave their campfires unattended or toss still-burning cigarettes onto a patch of dry grass along the verge of the highway. Hopefully no dry lightning, either. I think so far, the extra snowpack on some of the peaks have abated some fire danger.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Scott5114

...Or at least that's what's going on back home. I ran away to Kansas City where it's a brisk 100°.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

jakeroot

Wonderful weather in Seattle. 80 for a high, not a cloud in the sky. Very slight breeze. Not saying it's comfy, but it's very tolerable and makes for beautiful evenings with friends (no need to hunt down a jacket).

Ted$8roadFan

Hazy, hot, and humid, 90s during the day and 70s at night through Sunday.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Bruce

Drove around Central WA today. Hit 100F with my car thermometer somewhere near Othello.

Just preconditioning my body for the expected heat wave (90s and up) coming to the west side of the mountains in a week.

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Ted$8roadFan

Sunny and already in the 70s. Awaiting fir the second half of the unrelenting heat wave.

Roadgeekteen

Billy F 1988

87 and not as toasty in Missoula. But I just have the sneaky feeling it will roast yet again by Wednesday of next week. Then by July 28 to the 31, daytime highs will edge closer to the century mark with low 60's each night. I may wanna pack some sunscreen and after-burn spray.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Roadgeekteen

Ted$8roadFan

Still hot and humid, but a nice breeze near the water making it much more tolerable.

jgb191

Typical summer in South Texas; nothing even remotely close to extreme for us:

Alice:               101 high (+2), 76 low (on point)
Corpus Christi:  97 high (+1),  81 low (on point)
Kingsville:        99 high (+2),   77 low (-1)
Laredo:            106 high (+2), 80 low (-1).

Temperatures are right around normal for this time of the year.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

Ted$8roadFan

gonealookin

The weather is normal for late July, sunny with a high around 80, but today is apparently the start of smoke season.  Air quality is awful as the "Oak Fire" along CA 140 near Mariposa, about 100 miles south of here, is pumping it out and sending it this way.

Roadgeekteen

Another very hot day, 98 and sunny

Ted$8roadFan

Now in th upper 80s, humid and foggy. 

1995hoo

Ohhhhhh, yeah. Notice the "feels like."  Less than half of what it felt like at home yesterday and earlier today. Walking down the street coming back from dinner was some of the best-feeling air I've felt in years–probably because I haven't felt air this cool in July since our Baltic Sea cruise in July 2007.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

MisterRoadgeek

89°F with Light Rain with a Flash Flood Warning and Dust Storm Warning both expired a half hour ago, but it's clearing up now.

Bruce

High 70s and a bit muggy, but otherwise a normal Seattle summer day.

In a few days we're going to be in the 90s and miserable.

Ted$8roadFan

80 degrees and humid. Some t-storms may come today, which are much needed.

webny99

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 24, 2022, 11:47:02 PM
Ohhhhhh, yeah. Notice the "feels like."  Less than half of what it felt like at home yesterday and earlier today. Walking down the street coming back from dinner was some of the best-feeling air I've felt in years–probably because I haven't felt air this cool in July since our Baltic Sea cruise in July 2007.

One of my favorite things about San Fran was how it could get so hot during the day and cool off so much at night. It was surprising how many people don't have AC, but you'd only really need it for a few hours in the afternoon/evening, and you might as well be outside during that time if you can.

hotdogPi

Quote from: webny99 on July 25, 2022, 08:14:23 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on July 24, 2022, 11:47:02 PM

One of my favorite things about San Fran was how it could get so hot during the day and cool off so much at night. It was surprising how many people don't have AC, but you'd only really need it for a few hours in the afternoon/evening, and you might as well be outside during that time if you can.

While the day-night temperature difference here (northeastern Massachusetts) is significantly less than the national average, it almost always feels fine after 9 PM. There was an exception a few days ago. However, it's usually humid in the morning; I've been uncomfortable walking at 72° at 9 AM.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

Roadgeekteen

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on July 25, 2022, 02:07:58 AM
In a few days we're going to be in the 90s and miserable.

I don't know when this area is going to learn it's lesson. Last year was quite a good indication that it can, does, and will continue to get hotter. Everyone in the Seattle region needs to accept it: there is no substitute for a proper AC.

Maybe, back in the day, it wasn't necessary. But AC was also not as easy or cheap to install back then. So of course we found reasons to justify alternative cooling methods. But things have changed; the climate foremost, but also ease of access to proper cooling methods.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.