Post your pictures of defunct US highway shields

Started by bugo, November 26, 2014, 07:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCrites

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on December 05, 2014, 11:52:56 PM

Take a look at what sits at this intersection today compared to this photo.

I can't -- it's too hard with the information given. None of those businesses are there anymore.

Alex

Originally posted on the old AA Highway Sign Gallery, this 11-2-94 vidcap shows former signage along I-95 for U.S. 222 when it still ran south from Conowingo to Perryville, Maryland.

texaskdog

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 26, 2014, 11:37:43 PM
US 61 in Duluth (the only one I have ever seen, from the Duluth News Tribune sometime in 1980):

I have longed to see some US 61 shields along the North Shore. I have photos of the old rest area sign with a US 61 shield that stood until about 2009 but not on this computer.

This brings back memories of when we used to go to Duluth.  I remember US 61 was actually a few blocks up the hill and Superior was business  61.  Superior seemed to hold more traffic.  Also MN 194 went down central entrance instead of up the hill here.

jakeroot

Quote from: GCrites80s on December 06, 2014, 11:56:42 AM
Quote from: Billy F 1988 on December 05, 2014, 11:52:56 PM

Take a look at what sits at this intersection today compared to this photo.

I can't -- it's too hard with the information given. None of those businesses are there anymore.

Yeah, no shit. Billy, where was this photo taken? We can't look it up unless you provide us with additional context.

Billy F 1988

Well, shit! I didn't have to be fucking chastised like a little kid here! Did I not just point out up-post about US 93 going through Stephens Avenue and Orange Street? I actually did. That is Brooks Street going northwest. Happy?!!!! Next...!
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Zeffy

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on December 09, 2014, 04:27:18 AM
Well, shit! I didn't have to be fucking chastised like a little kid here! Did I not just point out up-post about US 93 going through Stephens Avenue and Orange Street? I actually did. That is Brooks Street going northwest. Happy?!!!! Next...!

They only asked for a bit more clarification. That kind of response is totally unnecessary here.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

sbeaver44

A quick google of those street names and it looks like Missoula, MT.  Then I noticed the "Holiday Village" shopping center and found it on Brooks Ave.  Here's approximately the same location today on Street View.  http://goo.gl/D5QsEp

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.