National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

OKC Road Meet officially set: 10/22/22

<< < (2/6) > >>

Rothman:

--- Quote from: Alps on September 15, 2022, 12:01:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: JMoses24 on September 14, 2022, 10:13:59 PM ---UPDATE:

If you follow me on Facebook, you already know what Iím about to post.

I am now scheduled for urostomy revision surgery on October 11. Current indications are that Iíll only be hospitalized for one week (which gets me out the 18th or thereabouts). If that holds, Iíll be able to go forward hosting myself.

HOWEVERÖ if things go south medically and Iím still hospitalized, my plan is still to have Scott host in my place and I will have the itinerary and notes ready for him. In fact, I plan to finish everything up this week.

As an addendum to this, I will also note that I am modifying the routing slightly. As we are heading west to the Kilpatrick, I am planning to hit the Route 66 original alignment as stop number 2, using the Overholser Bridge as the focal point. At that location, the original and 1958 alignments are parallel within a few hundred feet. We will proceed from there to the Kilpatrick, and then as above. Again, Iím finalizing that this week.

--- End quote ---
Trust me - even if you're back out of the hospital, that doesn't put you in condition to spend a day away from home. Take care of yourself. I care.

--- End quote ---
^This

*currently at home recovering from surgery*

Scott5114:
Echoing what everyone else says, your health comes first. I'm more than happy to step in and hostóI'm sure there's nothing on the itinerary I wouldn't be able to find ;)

SSOWorld:
Unfortunately, I'm not budgeting this meet - so I'm out - way out.

JMoses24:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on September 18, 2022, 02:47:45 AM ---Echoing what everyone else says, your health comes first. I'm more than happy to step in and hostóI'm sure there's nothing on the itinerary I wouldn't be able to find ;)

--- End quote ---

Check your messagesÖI sent my itinerary over and Iím in the process of compiling notes.

So, officially for everyone else, Scott is now the lead. I am still hoping Iíll be able to attend, but on further thought, given that I will likely still be medicated for pain, I donít think Iíll be effective as a host.

JMoses24:
UPDATE for the location:

Earlís appears to have closed their Bricktown location. This necessitated a venue change. After initially thinking of a spot in Midtown, weíre readjusting based on parking issues. The new location is Charlestonís Restaurant at 224 Johnny Bench Drive. This is near the original planned spot. I would advise everyone to park near Bass Pro Shops located to the east.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version