News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What to update next on AARoads?

Started by Alex, January 18, 2009, 07:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Andy, Justin, Brent, Matt, Kevin, Carter, and I are sitting on a huge backlog of photos that go back to 2003. We pretty much have photos from just about every state. The question is, what do we add next?

The states in white are those without any photos (DE, NV and UT should be yellow as well now)

When I go about updating the site, its pretty much based upon whatever motivates me or what area of the country interests me the most at the time. Thats not to say that I cannot switch to a different area or state at any time, but its more of my personal interest or what's new in roads than anything else that results in page updates and additions. So my question is, what would you like to see updated next or the most, or what areas that are not presently covered on the sites would you like to see added in a future update?

Voyager

Personally I'd love to see some Washington photos around Seattle. Last time I checked, the guides only went to Olympia on Interstate 5. I'd love to see downtown Seattle.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

deathtopumpkins

Now that Virginia's fairly well taken care of  ;) I can't really think of anything else thats not already covered that I think really needs to be.

Fine, Washington.  :P
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

un1

How about starting Canada's road system? But I guess that defeats the point of "AA".

-un1
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Alex

We do have a Europe section, but its partially missing from a server crash. So AARoads is not limited to just the U.S. as a rule.

Voyager

The AA in AAroads actually stands for All About. You can access the website from the domain http://www.allaboutroads.com

Snappyjack

New York could see a few more things. More coverage of the Tallahassee, FL area maybe? Ummm... Mississippi too perhaps? Can't think of much else at the moment.

Alex

Quote from: voyager on January 18, 2009, 07:26:16 PM
Personally I'd love to see some Washington photos around Seattle. Last time I checked, the guides only went to Olympia on Interstate 5. I'd love to see downtown Seattle.

Well Matt recently sent us a new page for Interstate 5 northbound in Oregon between Eugene and Clackamas County. I've added that tonight. He plans on extending coverage northward to Seattle at some point.

Andy and I also have a ton of photos from the Seattle area from our September 2006 trip marinating in the queue too.

Alex

Quote from: Snappyjack on January 18, 2009, 10:17:04 PM
New York could see a few more things. More coverage of the Tallahassee, FL area maybe? Ummm... Mississippi too perhaps? Can't think of much else at the moment.

I have more NYC, Albany, Syracuse, Finger Lakes, Binghamton, Kingston, Northway sitting on external harddrives.

Tons more Tallahassee too, and recent trips to Mississippi covering U.S. 90, Interstate 55, and back roads.

John

Washington would be cool, it is very undercovered. IMO you should work on the states and highways not covered much, like most of I-75 north of Tampa or Arkansas or Idaho.
They came, they went, they took my image...

Alex

Quote from: John on January 19, 2009, 12:04:04 AM
Washington would be cool, it is very undercovered. IMO you should work on the states and highways not covered much, like most of I-75 north of Tampa or Arkansas or Idaho.

I have a lot of I-75 to go through north of Tampa picwise. Idaho I have I-84 east from OR to Boise, then ID-55 north and I-90 west and stuff from Wallace among other stuff.

Justin has some stuff covering I-540 from Arkansas and maybe a few other odds and ends. I've not taken a road pic in Arkansas in years personally...

Snappyjack

Quote from: aaroads on January 18, 2009, 10:59:03 PM
Quote from: Snappyjack on January 18, 2009, 10:17:04 PM

I have more NYC, Albany, Syracuse, Finger Lakes, Binghamton, Kingston, Northway sitting on external harddrives.

Tons more Tallahassee too, and recent trips to Mississippi covering U.S. 90, Interstate 55, and back roads.

Have anything for the I-59 corridor and Meridian, MS area? Looking forward to all the rest :)

Alex

Quote from: Snappyjack on January 19, 2009, 12:15:27 AM

Have anything for the I-59 corridor and Meridian, MS area? Looking forward to all the rest :)

Was just on Interstate 59 through Hattiesburg two weekends ago in horrible rain. Thats it for me. Andy however took all of Interstate 20 from Atlanta to west Texas last Summer and photographed westbound through Meridian and maybe the approaches to the I-20/59 merge (will have to check the h/d's).

Snappyjack

I've been on I-20 from Birmingham to Meridian at the I-20/I-59 split. Was impressed with Meridian's frontage road system, which I know exists many other places down there. We don't get that too much here in New York, but we should. :-P

Alex

Quote from: Snappyjack on January 19, 2009, 12:34:56 AM
I've been on I-20 from Birmingham to Meridian at the I-20/I-59 split. Was impressed with Meridian's frontage road system, which I know exists many other places down there. We don't get that too much here in New York, but we should. :-P

Frontage roads are very common in Texas, and have spread eastward in a few areas (Louisiana, Jackson, MS, Mobile, AL). Unfortunately they are conduits to sprawl if development is not controlled, which is definitely the case along I-65's roads in Mobile and I-55's in Jackson.

Snappyjack

Our problem here is that we have the whole sprawl issue, but unlike the south, we have inadequate roads to handle all that comes with it.

un1

Quote from: voyager on January 18, 2009, 09:24:02 PM
The AA in AAroads actually stands for All About. You can access the website from the domain http://www.allaboutroads.com

Huh, I always thought of it something like AAA, so I thought it was something like American Auto.
I guess you learn something new everyday.

-un1
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

akotchi

How about the Legacy Parkway and the Salt Lake City area of Utah?  The former just opened in September 2008.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Alex

Quote from: akotchi on January 19, 2009, 07:47:07 PM
How about the Legacy Parkway and the Salt Lake City area of Utah?  The former just opened in September 2008.

Only have Andy's photos that are posted on the Blog from I-15 southbound currently: https://www.aaroads.com/blog/?cat=25

Someone has to go back and photograph it...

agentsteel53

I thought the AA stood for Alex and Andy!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alex

Quote from: ComputerGuy on January 19, 2009, 11:51:15 PM
ooh..ooh...U.S. Route 101 in Washington...floods!

Also:

Washington State Route 112
Washington State Route 410
Washington State Route 531
Washington State Route 202

Only have photos of the very end of U.S. 101 in Olympia.

Also have various state freeways around Seattle and other random stuff from Spokane, Yakima, Tri-Cities, etc.

Voyager

Patience, he's got a huge que waiting for him, this is just a board for suggestions on what to update next.  ;-)

Darkchylde

Got any more pics from Louisiana's Acadiana region?

Alex

Quote from: Darkangel on January 20, 2009, 02:55:38 AM
Got any more pics from Louisiana's Acadiana region?

Went to Baton Rouge the first weekend of this month. Mainly hung around the city and Port Allen before heading north along U.S. 61 to rain drenched Natchez...

jasonsk287

More Upstate NY, if you have the pics. I noticed you guys started coverage of I-88. Thanks!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.